Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts

Go down 
+15
ultmetal
XYZ
nevermore
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
stevegarveyfan
MetalH
Stender
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
manny
mc666
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:35 pm

I was wearing a Pink Floyd shirt to my church one day, and a guy asked me if I knew anything about the band.

It went something like this:

Dude: "Do you know anything about Pink floyd, or do you wear that shirt to look cool?"

Me: "They were a 70's rock band."

Dude: "Is that all?"

Me: "No. They were a progressive rock band from England that made music from the 1960's till the early 1990's. They were composed of David Glimour on guitar, Nick Mason on drums, Roger Waters on bass, and Richard Wright on keys. They released Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Sacreful of Secrets, Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, and Division Bell. For the first two albums, Syd Barret was actually the lead singer for the band. However, he did too many drugs and he went insane. etc"

Dude: "Oh"

Some other dude asked me the same thing about Van Halen, but that is too long a story.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:35 am

I was wearing my Vengeance Rising - White Throne t-shirt walking around the mall with my wife. A little kid almost walked into me and came face to face with the terrorized image of a face on the shirt. He turned to him mom and said, "eeewww, that's an ugly face."

I was wearing an Ultimatum shirt in Walmart a few weeks ago and this dude walks up and says he's a huge fan of Ultimatum. He didn't realize I was the singer for the band. I just smiled politely and listened to him. He then asked me is I knew if they were still around. LOL!

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 am

Smindas wrote:

I searched that song out of curiosity and have concluded that 'You Can't Bring Me Down' is surprisingly awesome. I need to look into Suicidal Tendencies.

Indeed you do, young sir. That particular track comes off of my favorite S.T. album, LIGHTS, CAMERA, REVOLUTION. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get thyself to a CD store and track it down immediately if not sooner. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:06 pm

I had an old Faster Pu$$ycat shirt that said kitten whipped on the back that used to get some comments.

Then there was the the Rock Me, Roll Me, Jackyl Me Off, shirt that raised a few eyebrows but never any direct comments
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 pm

Ya know,

I think you could wear a T-shirt depicting a kitten playing with a ball of yarn and SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE would be offended by it.

I gave up worrying what people think a loooong time ago. I use my own moral compass to decide what is and is not offensive and if the UberPC Police don't like...too damn bad!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:48 pm

I don't know about offending people but i hate going out in public and seeing someone else with the same shirt. That's probably why i avoid most Metallica shirts these days. I hate when something gets too trendy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:10 pm

troublezone wrote:
I don't know about offending people but i hate going out in public and seeing someone else with the same shirt. That's probably why i avoid most Metallica shirts these days. I hate when something gets too trendy. Laughing

Me too. That's why I have multiple Ministry and KMFDM shirts. I'm not likely to meet someone else with those shirts.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Me too. That's why I have multiple Ministry and KMFDM shirts. I'm not likely to meet someone else with those shirts.

I like my Crowbar shirt. i have yet to see anyone with that.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:49 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
Then there was the the Rock Me, Roll Me, Jackyl Me Off, shirt that raised a few eyebrows but never any direct comments

That's why mine just says "Jackyl".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Actually, I wear more humane organization Tshirts than band T shirts.

My favorite is the ASPCA shirt that has a dog, a cat and a horse with empty comic book balloons coming from their mouths with the caption saying "We are their voice".

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Actually, I wear more humane organization Tshirts than band T shirts.

My favorite is the ASPCA shirt that has a dog, a cat and a horse with empty comic book balloons coming from their mouths with the caption saying "We are their voice".

You should like that Cattle Decapitation cover. They hate humans. Razz

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 524530
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Quote :
Ya know,

I think you could wear a T-shirt depicting a kitten playing with a ball of yarn and SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE would be offended by it.

I gave up worrying what people think a loooong time ago. I use my own moral compass to decide what is and is not offensive and if the UberPC Police don't like...too damn bad!

I'm with you Toho, I don't care what others think of me which is why I go into Mardel Christian Bookstores with Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Nightwish, etc. shirts on.

Quote :

I never have a problem with this because my t-shirts are so varied and very rarely purchased at trendy shops. I have over 50 band shirts (estimated) and have never had someone else where the same one I was wearing. Out of all those shirts, I've only seen about 5 on other people.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Nobody has ever really said anything to me about my shirts. But I will admit I tend to like the simple logo/tour dates ones the best. Long ago I used to get a lot of "hmm, that's interesting" comments on my Bad Brains Banned in D.C. shirt.

I actually witnessed a hilarious thing at my local JC Penneys. They were selling AC/DC, Sabbath, Hendrix, and Zepplin shirts. These two kids probably no more than 12-14 were having their grandmother buy them a few. The sales lady (who was in her late forties and looked every bit like a Penney's employee) starts grilling the kids about the music and bands whose shirts they are buying. Those kids should have just said they knew the music, because I thought she was actually going to not sell to them. They had to promise to look into the music if they were going to wear the shirts.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:

I searched that song out of curiosity and have concluded that 'You Can't Bring Me Down' is surprisingly awesome. I need to look into Suicidal Tendencies.

Indeed you do, young sir. That particular track comes off of my favorite S.T. album, LIGHTS, CAMERA, REVOLUTION. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get thyself to a CD store and track it down immediately if not sooner. Laughing
I've put it down on my 'to buy' list, as I've literally just been sitting around listening to 'You Can't Bring Me Down' and 'Institutionalized' on loop.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:35 pm

troublezone wrote:

when I was in highschool there were two other guys and a girl that had the same classic boneman misfits shirt as me in my band class we were the "misfits kroneys".

One time I wore the said Misfits shirt to a mens retreat that my church put on. we went hiking on a local mountain and of course someone took pictures. When we got back our pastor wanted some pictures on the announcements projector before service. a couple pictures had huge shots of the evil looking boneman on my shirt and the pastor had the techie guys use the paint program to turn my shirt black because some old women were offended. hahahaha.....
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to have a Raven T-shirt that had their logo on the front and a listing of all of their albums on the back. At the bottom of the album list it said "REAL HEAVY SH*T!" in huge letters.

One summer day I was walking thru the supermarket and noticed a lot of the soccer moms giving me dirty looks, and I didn't know why till I realized I was wearing that shirt. Somebody's kid must've pointed it out and said "Mommy, look what THAT man's shirt says!" Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:30 pm

My mom has had some less than positive reactions, particularly to my Kreator - Pleasure to Kill shirt.

She'd rather I dress normal. Maybe I should show her the pictures I have of me with hot women while I'm wearing metal shirts just to see her reactions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2