Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts

Go down 
+15
ultmetal
XYZ
nevermore
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
stevegarveyfan
MetalH
Stender
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
manny
mc666
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Empty
PostSubject: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 am

So Jen an I were in the IKEA store in Orlando about 3 weeks ago. I was wearing my All Out War band t shirt. On the back it says "All Out War - Assassins in the House of God" which is their latest album title. A lady walks up to me and asks in a snooty tone..."What does THAT mean??" I answered that it is a hardcore band and that is the name of their newest album. She said "Oh" and walked away whispering something to her companion. I thought it was kind of funny.

About a week ago Jen and I were in Subway restaurant and I was wearing my Ultimatum "One For All" shirt. Now I live in a very conservative Protestant Christian county. An older guy who I saw had a Jesus bumper sticker in the parking lot walks in and reads my shirt and comments that he liked what it said. I thanked him, and he offered to buy me food. Weird.

Anyhoo, anyone else get comments when they wear their music shirts??

Last edited by spectrefate on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 am

sometimes my really satanic shirts, like Marduk or Dark Funeral, tend to get a disgusted reaction from the elderly here in the bible belt. but they'll be dead soon, so who cares? most people pay it no mind though.

i've never had an actual spoken comment about my wardrobe. i suppose that most people can tell by looking at me, that i don't give a sh*t what they think.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:09 am

Spec, we both live in Florida, but I Live in Tampa which is far enough away from Bartow, so people here are not as conversative as they are there. The only time anyone would comment on a shirt is to ask where you purchased at.

As a matter a fact at my kid's high school it is a fashion trend to buy concert/ rock t shirts even if you have never heard of the band or listen to the band. I once asked a kid at his school who was wearing an AC/DC t-shirt how did he discover the band, he gave me a balnk stare and asked " They are a band?" , my son looked at me and said ' He is being serious" , it turns out he was a hip hop fan and just like the design of AC/DC's logo.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 am

I wore my Iced Earth "Horror Show" T shirt when I was handing out candy on Halloween. One of the parents commented on how appropriate it was for the holiday.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 am

I used to have a Raven T-shirt that had their logo on the front and a listing of all of their albums on the back. At the bottom of the album list it said "REAL HEAVY SH*T!" in huge letters.

One summer day I was walking thru the supermarket and noticed a lot of the soccer moms giving me dirty looks, and I didn't know why till I realized I was wearing that shirt. Somebody's kid must've pointed it out and said "Mommy, look what THAT man's shirt says!" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to have a Raven T-shirt that had their logo on the front and a listing of all of their albums on the back. At the bottom of the album list it said "REAL HEAVY SH*T!" in huge letters.

One summer day I was walking thru the supermarket and noticed a lot of the soccer moms giving me dirty looks, and I didn't know why till I realized I was wearing that shirt. Somebody's kid must've pointed it out and said "Mommy, look what THAT man's shirt says!" Laughing

I used to get that look when I wore my Ministry "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" shirt. I bet the look only got worse when they saw the back that read "No man with a good car needs to be justified".

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:54 am

I had to turn my Dragon force shirt inside out at school when I was like a sophomore because on the back it had all the members making crazy faces and holding there middle fingers up.

The same day my good friend was wearing a Possessed shirt with a bloody upside down cross and skeletons and what not and got away clean through the entire day! 🤘

It sucked for me cause people kept telling me throughout the day "hey stendy, your shirts inside out...you blazed right now or something?"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Stender wrote:

The same day my good friend was wearing a Possessed shirt with a bloody upside down cross and skeletons and what not and got away clean through the entire day! 🤘

When I was in high school one of my buddies wore his Overkill F**K YOU t-shirt (with the big middle finger on the front) to school one day just to see how long it would take before someone asked him to go home and change... nobody said a word about it the entire day. We were so disappointed!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

I wore my Tourniquet Microscopic View shirt to church years ago... The one with the big evil looking thing on the back and the Bible verse. Anyway, after the sermon was over and I was packing up my gear, this lady comes up to me and says "Hey, what is that thing on your shirt?" and I say "It's some sort of demon or something, but it's cool because it draws your eye to it and you see the Bible verse." and she says "Well, it's really distracting, in fact, it distracted me from being able to focus on God all night!". so I said "Well, why are you paying attention to me?". LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Those of us on this board who are Christians should not wear shirts with the intent to offend. There is no redeeming value in offending for the sake of offending. However, if there truly is a higher purpose which can be realized by wearing that so-called "offensive" shirt, then maybe there's a justfication for it.

Please note that I am not speaking to those of you who are not Christians. I would never ask you to live up to Christ's standards if you don't claim to be His in the first place, so please don't jump all over me for this. Christians, feel free to debate, but please exercise some modicum of maturity when you make your arguments.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 pm

wearing something only for the purpose of offending would be immature. however, i'm not going to avoid wearing something i like, simply because 2 out of 10 people voice offense to it.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Those of us on this board who are Christians should not wear shirts with the intent to offend. There is no redeeming value in offending for the sake of offending. However, if there truly is a higher purpose which can be realized by wearing that so-called "offensive" shirt, then maybe there's a justfication for it.

Please note that I am not speaking to those of you who are not Christians. I would never ask you to live up to Christ's standards if you don't claim to be His in the first place, so please don't jump all over me for this. Christians, feel free to debate, but please exercise some modicum of maturity when you make your arguments.

Thats actually a really good point, one of the reasons I invested in a new dragon force shirt and why I dont wear alot of my old band shirts anymore since I got saved. A question I have been asking myself alot lately is if I should include bands on my disc collection site that may lead people in the wrong direction. I dont see a problem with it for myself because I believe I'm anchored well enough in what I believe but It probably isnt the same way for someone that has no foundation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm not going to avoid wearing something i like, simply because 2 out of 10 people voice offense to it.

As the Suicidal Tendencies song goes, "If I offended you, oh, I'm sorry, but maybe you needed to be offended." 🤘

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Anyone offended by a t-shirt deserves to be offended...you don't like it, don't wear it...and unless you're asked your opinion on a shirt, assume nobody cares.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:02 pm

I don't wear T-shirts to offend, I just wear them. However, I don't have anything overtly offensive. I've worn Iron Maiden and Paganfest shirts to Church (not Sunday morning) and of course whenever/wherever else. People sometimes stare, but no one has ever been a douche about it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
wearing something only for the purpose of offending would be immature. however, i'm not going to avoid wearing something i like, simply because 2 out of 10 people voice offense to it.

I don't think you'd care if even 10/10 were offended.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i'm not going to avoid wearing something i like, simply because 2 out of 10 people voice offense to it.

As the Suicidal Tendencies song goes, "If I offended you, oh, I'm sorry, but maybe you needed to be offended." 🤘
I searched that song out of curiosity and have concluded that 'You Can't Bring Me Down' is surprisingly awesome. I need to look into Suicidal Tendencies.

Anyway, I rarely get any negative comments about my band t-shirts (though I don't have a huge amount of them nowadays). My Andrew W. K. shirt gets a lot of confusion, but never anything of offense. Other than that, I occasionally get people saying "oh I love that band" etc.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:03 pm

My King Missile "Detachable Penis" shirt gets a lot of weird looks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Schbopo wrote:

You are not getting weird looks for your shirt, they are wondering why is big time celebrity like Clay Aiken doing here at Walmart.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:44 pm

manny wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

You are not getting weird looks for your shirt, they are wondering why is big time celebrity like Clay Aiken doing here at Walmart.

Well, Clay's albums aren't selling that well anymore!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I don't know that I really get any comments on my shirts. I do remember getting some weird looks when I was in Wal-Mart wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt. The shirt only had the logo on it but that logo attracted alot of attention.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:56 pm

So does a KMFDM shirt depicting a guy pointing a gun that says "Godlike".

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Suicidal's Rule!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:40 pm

troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

i believe i stated that in my first post. however, most people generally do not voice their comments to me, whether the shirt bothers them or not. hence my example of 2 out of 10.

you being christian, would you remove your crucifix if it offended me?

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 pm

mc666 wrote:
troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

i believe i stated that in my first post. however, most people generally do not voice their comments to me, whether the shirt bothers them or not. hence my example of 2 out of 10.

you being christian, would you remove your crucifix if it offended me?

No i wouldn't. I see your point and i agree but you need to know that i was just being smart with you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People's opinions of your music T-Shirts   People's opinions of your music T-Shirts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People's opinions of your music T-Shirts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next