Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
Mordor
RevBilly6207
Svengo
Troublezone
skullsmasher
exact33
candlemass
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Lurideath
manny
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
kmorg
akeldama
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Why doesn't DeGarmo wanna be a 'Rycher no more? Things haven't been the same without you, Chris. Please come home for Christmas.

Who's the replacement for Stone? I know that I could sift through all that info over at the Q-R Ranch, but I'm sure that someone here knows the nitty.

And, while we're on replacements, I hear that John Bush has departed Anthrax. Is this mere speculation, or for riz-eal? If so, what's the nitty on his replacement?
You're not really 39, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:55 pm

Help a nigga out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Help a nigga out.

Try to keep the slurs under "yo" hat, no matter what color you may be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:01 am

I sorry. I thought it was cool for whitey to use that term if yo down wit da cause.

Ya got a link for me, brother Brosephus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:10 am

Marc Mason wrote:
I sorry. I thought it was cool for whitey to use that term if yo down wit da cause.

Ya got a link for me, brother Brosephus?
And what cause would that be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 am

Ya know, bro. The struggle, I know what that's all about. Brother man got it tough, yo. I'm just lettin 'em know that I know.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:22 am

Marc Mason wrote:
Help a nigga out.

I hate that damn word please leave that word out of your vocabulary, at least on this board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:11 pm

I'm sorry. It's just all over the place nowadays, innit? You can't turn on the dang idiot box without some young homie spewin' it forth like clockwork. Nizza this, Nizza that. Really now. They be usin' as a subject, predicate and verb. As an adjective, pronoun and past participle. And, what if you just happen to be watchin' an hour-long comedy special from some black comedian the night before? Oh, snap, kid. You can't help but be sayin' it now and then, homes. It's like playing one of them Playstation driving game and then going out to your real car and being heavy on the gas. The influence is real, playa.

Hey, anyone got a link to a new Queensryche song or two?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Playa you could download If I were King for free on their homepage, it is right hand corner.

http://www.queensryche.com/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Ever seen that movie "White Boys"?
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Hmm, just listened to the song on their page and while I think it's ok it seems to me like most of their more recent stuff, just not very memorable. None of their past several releases seem to stick with me like their older stuff.

Also, how late to the Iraq war/Bush bashing party can you be?
I think about half the bands in the country have released albums with this lyrical theme already, and at least two to three years ago at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Ya know, bro. The struggle, I know what that's all about. Brother man got it tough, yo. I'm just lettin 'em know that I know.
Ah, you mean like dial-up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Ever seen that movie "White Boys"?

More like Jaimie Kennedy's Kickin' It Old School. See this F'n thing?

This Q track is, eh, meh, nah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:17 pm

You're a fake account, right?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Marc Mason wrote:

Yo I know what ya sayin'. It's like this time I was rollin' with this ho, she had some nice airbags, spent mad scrilla on thoses b##chs, wanted to have my seeds and sh!t, I was like wo, I had to do a fake take before I had a near birth experience know what I' m sayin', Just I was about to make a premature evacuation, her fire hazard of husband pulls up to the crib and sh!t talk about bad barma. Barely made it out live, yo I was so bejangled.

The struggle is a b##ch
Back to top Go down
RevBilly6207
Metal novice
Metal novice
RevBilly6207

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:21 am

I love Queensryce but man I miss Chris DeGarmo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/once_dead

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 pm

RevBilly6207 wrote:
I love Queensryce but man I miss Chris DeGarmo.
Why? Do you like Hear In The Now Frontier? What about this (they're links):

1 Submission In Love
2 Insomnia Station
3 Dashboard Jesus
4 Chain Letter
5 Flood
6 Cold Dead Hands

Dig on that?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Degarmo isnt the reason why this band is like it is now. The whole band is pretty much on the same page and the direction that their music is going is the way they all collectivly want it to go. No matter how much people think Degarmo is or would be the savior to this band is totally wrong. They started to sound like this when they came back with Promised Land and then went all the way with Hear In The Now Frontier and havent really turned back since.

I like Queensryche I always will because they made some of my favorite albums of all time EP, The Warning, Rage For Order, Operation Mindcrime, Empire. I dont really care for the direction they are going and the way their production even sounds now, but i'll always support them because they are a great band and they have influenced me greatly.

Now about the new song. First of all I stupidly paid for it on iTunes since I didnt know they had it for free on their website. oh well there went 99 cents I guess. So I listened to it once and didnt really care for it and I played it once again on my radio show again I still didnt like it. They are just missing that Queensryche sound that they used to have. Its hard to explain but they used to have a sound where it would feel and sound like they were playing live in a stadium or something so the sound was very big. Now everything just sounds very flat and dry/plain sounding like they are just in a little room playing together. I think if they would just up the production a little more I might possibly enjoy them a little more. Another thing that really bothers me is their chorus'. They have them but yet again then dont. Old Queensryche you feel like singing along with the songs the newer stuff just doesnt have that same feel. Geoff isnt loosing his singing voice one bit but I feel like he is doing less singing in a way.

Thats my two cents. Im just rambling though haha...

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 am

I agree with Phoenix Reign Drummer. The band has collectively went down the path they're in today. Unfortunately that path sucks. The last two original albums, Tribe and OM:II have a few really good songs on them, though. Both albums were lot better than HOTNF and Q2K.

As for the reason they've changed their sound so drastically? I think it's because they don't want to be known as a contemporary band. They went from raw metal (EP and The Warning) to polished metal (Rage for Order and Operation: Mindcrime) to pop metal (Empire) to whatever the hell Promised Land was. That was the end of the Ryche I loved. For the next two albums, it was almost like they were trying to write bad songs. The song structure fell apart as did the production and trademark guitars and vocals. Promised Land was a very different, stripped down album for the band, but the songwriting was still on par with their previous efforts. I don't think they suddenly lost their skills but instead decided to drastically change direction in an effort to capitalize on the mainstream grunge movement. It backfired horribly, alienating their fanbase, and forced them to take a trip back in time. Hopefully they've rediscovered some of the magic that made them unique in the past. This new song isn't doing much for me, though. Hope the rest is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:35 am

Phoenix, you got any love for O:M 2? At least parts of it? I pointed out that if ya lift the seven selections, between tracks 4 through 10, from the larger piece, you're left with a smaller work, but of mucher higher quality and intensity. Ya feel this way? Anyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:21 am

manny wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

Yo I know what ya sayin'. It's like this time I was rollin' with this ho, she had some nice airbags, spent mad scrilla on thoses b##chs, wanted to have my seeds and sh!t, I was like wo, I had to do a fake take before I had a near birth experience know what I' m sayin', Just I was about to make a premature evacuation, her fire hazard of husband pulls up to the crib and sh!t talk about bad barma. Barely made it out live, yo I was so bejangled.

The struggle is a b##ch

Yo, yo, yo... rollin' in my 6-4, with all britches singin'

Swing down, sweet chariot, stop and, let me ride
hells yeah

Yo, you gotta get your proper swerve on, son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:32 am

ya wanna make noise, make noise, fool. I make a phone call, my nizzaz comin' like the Gotti boys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:31 am

Marc Mason wrote:
ya wanna make noise, make noise, fool. I make a phone call, my nizzaz comin' like the Gotti boys.
Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Guido
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:08 pm

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

ROTFPissinthyself!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Phoenix, you got any love for O:M 2? At least parts of it? I pointed out that if ya lift the seven selections, between tracks 4 through 10, from the larger piece, you're left with a smaller work, but of mucher higher quality and intensity. Ya feel this way? Anyone else?

Yea there is a little love for OM2 but not really enough to get me back into Queensryche like I was back in the 90's. They are just in a different mind set lyrically and even musically now that they really cant channel the music they made back in the day.

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next