Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
Mordor
RevBilly6207
Svengo
Troublezone
skullsmasher
exact33
candlemass
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Lurideath
manny
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
kmorg
akeldama
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Will the album contain a cover of the Toby Keith song, "American Soldier?" Laughing

With all country crossover taking place with 80's rock stars please don't give an ideas to the Queensryche camp
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:38 pm

Will the album contain a cover of the Toby Keith song, "American Soldier?" Laughing[/quote]

With all country crossover taking place with 80's rock stars please don't give an ideas to the Queensryche camp[/quote]

True, they just might - Geoff Tate could head up an all star 80's metal stars country music CD - him, Sebastian Bach, Def Lep, Bon Jovi - other sugesstions - Slayer, Anthrax, Armored Saint and on the christian end - how about ult and the boys Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
And, from what I can tell, it doesn't look like the album will be all about Iraq...it looks like perspectives from all wars/conflicts...it's a soldier's perspective on war in general...not a personal, political statement from Tate.
Funny that no one whined about the lyrical subject matter in the past when it dealt with this very same issue. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 am

According to AnybodyListening.net, Queensryche guitarist Michael Wilton has revealed that he has recorded all the guitar parts for the band's upcoming album, "American Soldier." He said in an online posting, "I have been slammed with making the deadline for the new Queensryche opus. I recorded all the guitars this time so it should sound more like the original 'Rryche'."

Due in April 2009 via Rhino Records, Queenryche's twelfth studio album, "American Soldier," is a concept album focusing on telling the story of war from a firsthand perspective. Singer and chief songwriter Geoff Tate has spent the last few years conducting extensive interviews with veterans and has crafted their thoughts into this epic tale. "American Soldier" examines American wars from World War II through Iraq from the viewpoint of those in the trenches and on the frontlines. Following the album's release, Queensryche plans to present tracks from the album live on an extensive spring tour of the U.S., with international dates to follow later in 2009.

"American Soldier" will contain 12 tracks, including the following:

* Dead Man's Words
* Unafraid
* 100 Mile Stare
* At Thirty Thousand Feet
* Man Down
* Remember Me
* If I Were King
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:46 am

Put me in the just-don't-care category with Kmorg and Lurideath. I liked these guys for a long time, but I just can't get excited about a new release from them anymore. With so many other bands on my want-list, I've really lost interest in these guys.

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Put me in the just-don't-care category with Kmorg and Lurideath. I liked these guys for a long time, but I just can't get excited about a new release from them anymore. With so many other bands on my want-list, I've really lost interest in these guys.

Anymore room in the Apathy Bus? I'm coming with ya guys.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Me too... or is that me three? Me four? Whatever.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Me too... or is that me three? Me four? Whatever.

Plenty of room. No pushing or shoving, fellas. The beer cooler is in the back. We just opened a new bag of Doritos and started Hamburger: The Movie on the dvd player. Make yourself comfortable. Next stop, the Keel Reunion.

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Plenty of room. No pushing or shoving, fellas. The beer cooler is in the back. We just opened a new bag of Doritos and started Hamburger: The Movie on the dvd player. Make yourself comfortable. Next stop, the Keel Reunion.

Any clue where the Wangcaster is, MG? scratch
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm

I used to be a major Queensryche fanboy, but I started to lose interest shortly after Chris DeGarmo left, I have 'Q2k' and 'Tribe', I liked both albums but still felt somewhat disappointed. I have not as of yet picked up 'Operation Mindcrime II' so I have no opinion if that album is any good or not.

What I am hoping is this will be a return to form album, that it will have elements of classic Queensryche sound along with the more modern production they have adapted on some of the later albums. This last year being a major comeback for alot of veteran metal bands this maybe the perfect time for them to make a comeback, in the commerical sense.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Any clue where the Wangcaster is, MG? scratch

Kmorg had it last. Said something about "practicing his fingering" or something.

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Quote :
I recorded all the guitars this time so it should sound more like the original 'Rryche'."

Which "original" 'Ryche? The Rage For Order stuff or the Warning stuff or the Mindcrime stuff or the Empire stuff? Cuz all of that sounds different...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
I recorded all the guitars this time so it should sound more like the original 'Rryche'."

Which "original" 'Ryche? The Rage For Order stuff or the Warning stuff or the Mindcrime stuff or the Empire stuff? Cuz all of that sounds different...

lol! I'm sure what he means is "whenever we were most popular with the hard-core fans that we're desperatley trying to win back and seem relevant again. That version."

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:23 pm

I agree with Manny that it just hasn't been the same since DeGarmo left, however I'm perfectly willing to give the new album a shot. They are such a talented group of musicians, I'm sure it would be possible for them to rediscover their mojo.

I've been on a Queensryche kick this week, so that probably has something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:25 pm

detuned now that you have re-listened to 'Operation Mindcrime' what is your opinion of this album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:28 pm

I personally believe DeGarmo is the one that steered the band into this more groovy rock area. Everyone wants to pretend like they need DeGarmo back to ever recapture their old sound. But DeGarmo has done nothing but alt-rock projects since leaving QR. I think DeGarmo led them down this road, then Tate took the wheel and floored it once DeGarmo left.

Operation: Mindcrime II was written by Tate, Stone (the new guy) and the producer (who?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 pm

manny wrote:
detuned now that you have re-listened to 'Operation Mindcrime' what is your opinion of this album?

About the same, for some reason it comes off as "over-baked" to me, a little shrill and hard to listen to all the way through. There are specific tracks that I really like...but for some reason that album sounds more dated to me than any of their others. There are some great tunes on there, but as a whole it leaves me a little flat.

Favorite track is Spreading The Disease...KICK ASS riff.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:00 am

I will get this new the day it debuts regardless as I am a Queensryche diehard. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:19 pm

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

About the same, for some reason it comes off as "over-baked" to me, a little shrill and hard to listen to all the way through. There are specific tracks that I really like...but for some reason that album sounds more dated to me than any of their others. There are some great tunes on there, but as a whole it leaves me a little flat.

I agree about Operation Mindcrime. Revolution Calling, I Don't Believe In Love, and Eyes Of A Stranger are great songs but as a whole the album just doesn't hold me all the way through. I much prefer Empire.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I personally believe DeGarmo is the one that steered the band into this more groovy rock area. Everyone wants to pretend like they need DeGarmo back to ever recapture their old sound.

I completely agree. People forget 2 things:

1. QUEENSRYCHE never had a set, consistent sound

2. DeGarmo was 100% responsible for Hear In The Now Frontier...that album was his baby, as was Promised Land. And, although a lot of fans are coming around on Promised Land (a decade later), it was bagged on hard when it came out and to this day most established 'RYCHE fans hate Hear In The Now Frontier. DeGarmo was just one piece of the 'RYCHE puzzle and when he had control, fans didn't really like the result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm pretty sure that Promised Land went multi-platinum when it was released. I actually don't remember hearing anyone complain about it at the time, I liked it immediately and so did most of my friends that were Queensryche fans.

But then again...I'm also the kind of music fan that usually likes the obscure and/or controversial albums better than the more popular ones.

I need to revisit "Hear In The Now Frontier" one of the these days, I never owned it and think I only heard it once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:42 pm

detuned wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Promised Land went multi-platinum when it was released. I actually don't remember hearing anyone complain about it at the time, I liked it immediately and so did most of my friends that were Queensryche fans. .

It sold on the back of Empire and Operation: Livecrime...Empire was huge...Promised Land had strong sales out of the gate then fizzled...barely any video play at all whereas Empire had 6 videos that got played a lot...Empire was like QUEENSRYCHE's "black album"...suddenly, thanks to "Silent Lucidity", everyone and their sister was a 'RYCHE fan...Promised Land wasn't nearly as big and faded quick.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 pm

My problem w/them has not been their change in style, Rush has done that, it's the material has been for the most part mediocre as of late. I do however enjoy Mincrime II, much more since I saw them perform it live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 6:58 pm

detuned wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Promised Land went multi-platinum when it was released. I actually don't remember hearing anyone complain about it at the time, I liked it immediately and so did most of my friends that were Queensryche fans.

I didn't care for it much at first, but it has grown on me to the point that I consider it a very good lp. Q2K and Tribe never did grow on me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:36 pm

detuned wrote:
I need to revisit "Hear In The Now Frontier" one of the these days, I never owned it and think I only heard it once.
I really like the album. There's a couple of songs I could do without, but I really dig the majority of them.

One thing I do think is that DeGarmo was the better songwriter. Promised Land and Hear In The Now Frontier were largely his doing, with help from Tate, but despite them being different albums, the songwriting is far better than they've had since. Recent songs like "Right Side Of My Mind" and "Re-Arrange You" are some of the best the band has ever written, in my opinion, but comparatively speaking, I think DeGarmo had a better grasp on songwriting.

I wouldn't mind see him back in the band, but he'd never bring them back to their early sound. He'd probably just make them a better band overall, in terms of quality songs. But we'll see. Maybe this next album will be excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next