Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
Mordor
RevBilly6207
Svengo
Troublezone
skullsmasher
exact33
candlemass
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Lurideath
manny
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
kmorg
akeldama
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 pm

[quote="Marc Masonaren't finding any quality with American Soldier. None? I actually want to hear only from those who have heard this recording six times straight through, or more. If you've heard it that many times and still think it's gar-bagio, then the prosecution rests.[/quote]

I still think we need to wait until the album is released before we can say one way or the other. Where are people getting this album to critique?
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
I still think we need to wait until the album is released before we can say one way or the other. Where are people getting this album to critique?

You can snag a promo copy or maybe an import, but I would guess most are downloading it as a torrent. I'm not encouraging this mind you, but thats how things are these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Svengo wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:
You can snag a promo copy or maybe an import, but I would guess most are downloading it as a torrent. I'm not encouraging this mind you, but thats how things are these days.
I get promos for tons of albums almost daily. I reviewed albums for over a decade; I think every promotional company out there has my address. Sad thing is, I rarely get rock/metal albums. I get tons of pop and whatnot, even though I've never reviewed that crap. Lame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:

If you are pinpointing a single variable, why are you comparing it to a band's entire catalog? Do you honestly expect people to understand you if the very basis of your logic is entirely illogical? Stop trying to be the smartest person here. You're not.

I know, you are. And, I wanna be like Mike.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm

detuned wrote:
I just listened to the new single, unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me. Well produced but ultimately soulless.
I did not find the single to be bad at all. Probably I will have to get a listen of the album first to make my critisism, but the sound reminds the to the 90's style of music for some reason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

If you are pinpointing a single variable, why are you comparing it to a band's entire catalog? Do you honestly expect people to understand you if the very basis of your logic is entirely illogical? Stop trying to be the smartest person here. You're not.
Here is what we call deflection. I never insisted I was smarter than anyone. Just pointing out that if you ask to add one plus one, I'm going to come up with two. If you insist the answer is five, well...you'll just have to give me a few more numbers next time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Here is what we call deflection. I never insisted I was smarter than anyone. Just pointing out that if you ask to add one plus one, I'm going to come up with two. If you insist the answer is five, well...you'll just have to give me a few more numbers next time.

I still wanna be like you. Even if you call it deflation, or stagnation, or, even that rarer occurence...stagflation. I never tried portraying myself as anything here, just asking folks to fall in line with the dictates of logic. But, how do you know that I'm not the smartest one here. How do you know? Have you tested us? Am I smarter than you, charlie?

What did you think of the last two Iced Earth concept albums? Was one significantly better than the other? Were both terrible? I don't know anymore. You tell me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 pm

The dictates of logic? That's the problem—you're not following logic. You suggested Queensryche and Judas Priest were entering Ayreon territory, a grand plateau of sounds and styles. Yet when people scoff, you get all defensive and insist they are obtuse, because they were somehow supposed to understand that you weren't referring to the forest, but just a mere pine cone in one tree.

And now you're talking about Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:51 pm

That's a nice comparison right there, friend. The whole pine cone in the forest thing. I like it. Try working it into a conversation this weekend. It was witty. No, no. It was clever. So, how's that working out for you? Being clever, that is.

What did you think about the last Iced Earth outing - Crucible Of Man? Real brief now. Then, that one as compared to the previous title - Framing Armageddon. Is any of this good stuff? Is it maybe true that these titles work much better as complete suites rather than individual tracks? Do you remember any work you've come across in the past that you misjudged? Something that you were quick on judging, but when ample time past, you felt differently? I can admit to doing this on a fairly regular basis In fact, it's a trap I fall prey to over and over again...especially with Prog and Jazz titles bearing a decent degree of complexity.

Are you able to utter this simple phrase...."I was wrong."

How about these, "The check is in the mail"........."She said she was 18."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 am

Marc Mason wrote:
That's a nice comparison right there, friend. The whole pine cone in the forest thing. I like it. Try working it into a conversation this weekend. It was witty. No, no. It was clever. So, how's that working out for you? Being clever, that is.
Well, I'd say. You can't seem to reply directly to anything I say, so it must have you confoozled. I can smell your fear—and a faint mixture of halitosis, poop and petroleum jelly. Weird.

Quote :
What did you think about the last Iced Earth outing - Crucible Of Man? Real brief now. Then, that one as compared to the previous title - Framing Armageddon. Is any of this good stuff? Is it maybe true that these titles work much better as complete suites rather than individual tracks? Do you remember any work you've come across in the past that you misjudged? Something that you were quick on judging, but when ample time past, you felt differently? I can admit to doing this on a fairly regular basis In fact, it's a trap I fall prey to over and over again...especially with Prog and Jazz titles bearing a decent degree of complexity.

Are you able to utter this simple phrase...."I was wrong."

How about these, "The check is in the mail"........."She said she was 18."
More deflection. Quit trying to prove a point that is entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:45 am

Just say that you're wrong, friend. You'll feel so much better for it. It's cathartic, I'm told. I wouldn't know, being someone who's never wrong. But, you obviously have a ton of practice with it...just 'none' when it comes to 'ownership'. How 'bout 'fessin up, son? We're all here to support you in this next step. You can rest one weary arm on me, pal. Just don't try an' grope me 'round the back, like you did last time, mo.

Just look at what you have us resortin' to.Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 12087 lol. We're slappin' each other like a small gaggle of mos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:16 am

Wrong? Wrong about what exactly? I thought we were discussing your inability to coherently string words together. Or rather, considering you're never wrong, our lack of psychic skills.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 am

Svengo wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:

Guess that makes sense.

Sorry to interrupt folks, continue.
Back to top Go down
DreamingNeonBlack
Metal novice
Metal novice
DreamingNeonBlack

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I've always been a fan of Queensryche and of concept albums, so I will definitely check this out. Something tells me this isn't going to be a feel-good kind of album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:51 pm

DreamingNeonBlack wrote:
I've always been a fan of Queensryche and of concept albums, so I will definitely check this out. Something tells me this isn't going to be a feel-good kind of album.

You want 'feel good' go touch your lady's bum, friend. This one is about the horrors of war. And, this particular thread is about sockin' each other square in the gut. Yowzer! By the way, what do you feel about Maiden's Seventh Son LP? Wanna play a round of 'compare and contrast'?
Back to top Go down
DreamingNeonBlack
Metal novice
Metal novice
DreamingNeonBlack

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
DreamingNeonBlack wrote:

You want 'feel good' go touch your lady's bum, friend. This one is about the horrors of war. And, this particular thread is about sockin' each other square in the gut. Yowzer! By the way, what do you feel about Maiden's Seventh Son LP? Wanna play a round of 'compare and contrast'?

I know it's about the horrors of war. That was sarcasm, son. And, by the way, I am a hetero female, so no lady's bum for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Marc, you're a Borg aren't you?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

Are you sure you didn't mean "bore"?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:24 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

A Bjorn Borg. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm

I now eagerly await the three paragraph reply on how if he's a bore it's because we don't understand the subtle nuances of his etymology and use of adjetives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:07 pm

You can get a good look at a butcher's bum by sinkin' your teeth into a nice T-bone....but wouldn't ya rather take the cow's word for it?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:34 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
You can get a good look at a butcher's bum by sinkin' your teeth into a nice T-bone....but wouldn't ya rather take the cow's word for it?

You just killed that movie for me.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm

DreamingNeonBlack wrote:
And, by the way, I am a hetero female, so no lady's bum for me.

OMG!!!! A female!!!

I think this may be a first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Ok, Shlomo, let's see what Trial #7.5 brings us. Welcome to the show!

I'd like to here from the people who at least admit enjoying American Soldier a bit more with each spin.
Back to top Go down
DreamingNeonBlack
Metal novice
Metal novice
DreamingNeonBlack

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:10 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
DreamingNeonBlack wrote:
And, by the way, I am a hetero female, so no lady's bum for me.

OMG!!!! A female!!!

I think this may be a first

LOL. What? There are no other females on this board? Am I crashing the boys club? I was invited, but I'm not going to say by whom for fear you will pummel him with tomatoes for inviting an icky girl along to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next