Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"

Go down 
+22
powermacho
Mordor
RevBilly6207
Svengo
Troublezone
skullsmasher
exact33
candlemass
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Lurideath
manny
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
kmorg
akeldama
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:15 pm

RFO sessions? That doesn't make much sense, although it could have. I was thinking Empire era myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm pretty sure it was recorded during the RfO sessions...I remember thinking to myself why did they wait so long to release it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was recorded during the RfO sessions...I remember thinking to myself why did they wait so long to release it...
Sure you're not thinking of "Prophecy?" "Scarborough Fair" has a vastly different sound than anything pre-Mindcrime, or even Mindcrime itself. Maybe they first recorded another version back then, but I don't think the released version is that old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah, the vocals on SF, sound very much like Empire era.

And, Shaun, what's with you rating the Warning album so high?

This is how my list would go:

Operation: Mindcrime
Rage For Order
Empire
EP (remastered & extended )
The Warning
Operation: Miindcrime 2
American Soldier
Promised Land
Q2K
Tribe
Hear in the Now Frontier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:07 pm

"Prophecy" was recorded during The Warning sessions...

I had the cassette single of "Anybody Listening" and it said that "SF" was recorded during the RFO sessions...it apparently just wasn't final-mixed the same way RFO was...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:26 pm

In fact, on the back of the cover, it said it was recorded by Neil Kernon in 1986, then mixed by "Jimbo" Barton in 1990 (who recorded/mixed Empire)...it also says this on the back of the UK & Holland "Empire" CD singles, on which "Scarborough Fair" was also included...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Okay. I can see it being remixed/remastered at a later date to make it sound more current.

As for "Prophecy," doesn't it say specifically that it was from the Rage sessions right on the CD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:39 pm

I thought it said The Warning sessions since #1 - they played it on the tour before and while recording The Warning and #2 - it was reissued on The Warning remaster...

But, it is possible I'm mistaken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:42 pm

My Queensryche DVD from the Warning tour has them playing "Prophecy".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
My Queensryche DVD from the Warning tour has them playing "Prophecy".

Is that the Japan one w/ Tate in white vest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Affirmative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:49 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Affirmative.

That's before The Warning was officially released, I believe...

How many times do you think I can split this hair? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:52 pm

It's an early song, no doubt. I have a demo of it from their early years. However, I think the official studio recording that later ended up on the reissued EP was recorded during the Rage sessions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's an early song, no doubt. I have a demo of it from their early years. However, I think the official studio recording that later ended up on the reissued EP was recorded during the Rage sessions.

Like I said, it's very possible...I don't have my reissue of The Warning anymore, so I can't check it to back up my position. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Like I said, it's very possible...I don't have my reissue of The Warning anymore, so I can't check it to back up my position. Sad
I'm at work, so I can't check either. I'll check later, if I think of it.

Either way, that song deserved to be on a main album. It rules!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'm at work, so I can't check either. I'll check later, if I think of it.

Either way, that song deserved to be on a main album. It rules!

When I saw it on the Building Empires DVD I thought the same thing! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:59 pm

I can check mine. What do you want to know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 001-4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:29 pm

I'm just about ready to sit down, with a few makeshift tacos, to watch this Q Unplugged. But, I would like to pose a question and have the answer waiting for me right here when I return. What about Leatherfoot, Leatherwolf, Leatherhoof? There's a band with one of these names that supposedly existed back in the 80's, and would be appealing to fan of Q. Who knows of them?

Apart from the question, there's also a proclamation I would like to make at this particular juncture. Iron Maiden's Seventh Son is the shiz, son. Years back, my buddy and I went on a mission to find something else that would approximate the quality of Mindcrime. We searched far and wide...really just Savatage and a few other bands, but mostly came up emptyhanded.

Then, just recently, I began listening to Seventh Son. I don't know why I was so averse to this album back in the day. I was heavily into Powerslave, somewhat into Somewhere in Time, but not at all interested in Seventh Son. Now is a wholly different story. I think that Seventh Son is a hot record. And, SS, along with Mindcrime are among the few titles which birthed the burgeoning Prog Metal scene. Of course, SS is not as good. But, as least it gives worthy competition to Mindcrime. I think ya'll need to be giving this one an updated spin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Ah...so "Prophecy" was WRITTEN during The Warning sessions...that must've been what I was thinking about....cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Saw the Q Unplugged again. Jolly good time. Never saw that one back in the day. Really. I just saw it now for the first time. I remember quite a number of them like the Alice In Chains, STP, Nirvana, even an LL Cool J Unplugged that was very cool.

So, what do the long-time Mindcrime appreciators feel about Maiden's Seventh Son. Maybe ya'll need to drag this one out again and sample. I'm telling ya'll, this bad boy stands the test of time, and gives O:M a decent run for its money. If anything, it will provide the O:M fan with another title to jam with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Pretty much the entire 80's Maiden catalog stands the test of time. But what does that have to do w/Queensryche? 2 Completely different in every way bands. Other than each has a fanatical fanbase, they have absolutely nothing in common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Seventh Son was the last Maiden album I really loved, I think the title track and the song "The Clairvoyant" are two of the best songs they ever recorded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:14 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Pretty much the entire 80's Maiden catalog stands the test of time. But what does that have to do w/Queensryche? 2 Completely different in every way bands. Other than each has a fanatical fanbase, they have absolutely nothing in common.

Probably influence factor more than anything else, you can hear the Maiden influence on the first EP and some on The Warning...but by that point they already had their own sound. By the time you get to Mindcrime there is more Pink Floyd influence than Maiden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:09 pm

I think Marc Mason is a 12-year-old nerd who has built a time machine in his basement. How else could he watch QR's Unplugged for the first time...again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"   Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier" - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queensryche gives new info on "American Soldier"
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next