Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+83
Orion Crystal Ice
Cliffy
corplhicks
Thelemech
Hadley
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
Chrome Locust
stormspell
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Addy
ShadowAngel
DevZor
Spyder Jonez
MoonChild
EmoElmo
Witchfinder
fingers
stpatrik
Leatherface
metalhead777
Tur-Thalion
Arjun_M
Required Fields
Grimmo
Doomdance
Chairman_Smith
Rex
EvyMetal
Vexer6
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
Wurthless
reapermetal
mr.electric39
DallasBlack
MEGATRON
arachnoplasma
chewie
mlotek
The_Jayroh
GrandNational
tohostudios
ultmetal
Approval Guy
exact33
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
Gilbert
Louder
SpectreFate
Joe
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
MetalGuy71
bassman
A Handful of Wayne
holydiver97595
metalinmyveins
sheets
Lari
7thSaviour
Sabbath In Solitude
sam
Metal Misfit
Mglaffas81
Damien Solta
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
manny
XYZ
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
kmorg
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

All things Metallica - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:27 am

Shawn D. wrote:
Joe wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Or Peanut Butter and Gatorade...

blech Never heard that one before. You just make that up?

No, unfortunately I tried it once. Once.

Kind of like...

My Mother hung me on a hook once...ONCE! lol!

Farken iceholes!

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:55 am

kmorg wrote:

Farken iceholes!

cool

My favorite line, by Joe Piscopo:

"I AM handicapped, I'm Psychotic!"
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Personally, I think Lou Reed's songs, arranged & played by Metallica, could be cool...

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Personally, I think Lou Reed's songs, arranged & played by Metallica, could be cool...

"Mr Backwell" and "Sweet Jane" perhaps ?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 am

Here is the first photo released from Metallica and Lou Reed at 69 still looks like a rock star.

All things Metallica - Page 6 Metallica-and-Lou-Reed
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:15 am

manny wrote:
Here is the first photo released from Metallica and Lou Reed at 69 still looks like a rock star.

And Lars still looks like a poser! LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:41 am

Have they given a release date on this Lou-Tallica collaboration yet?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nothing just this photo on Metallica's web page
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

where can i download it?

Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
November 1st
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:04 am

Approval Guy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
November 1st

...which also happens to be the release date of the new Megadeth album. Coincidence? Methinks not.

Mustaine's gonna be soooooooooooooooooo pissed! Hahaha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

And Lars still looks like a poser! LOL!!!!

Oh god, I think he's making a duck face... And James of course is in the back. I agree with Manny, though, Lou looks great for almost 70!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:05 pm

More info - the album is called "Lulu":

The musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica, "Lulu," is coming your way this Fall. "Lulu" was inspired by German expressionist writer Frank Wededkind's plays "Earth Spirit" and "Pandora's Box," which tell a story of a young abused dancer's life and relationships and are now collectively known as the "Lulu Plays." Since their publication in the early 1900's, the plays have been the inspiration for a silent film ("Pandora's Box," 1929), an opera, and countless other creative endeavors. Originally the lyrics and musical landscape were sketched out by Lou for a theatrical production, but after coming together with the 'Tallica boys for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concerts in New York in 2009 all guilty parties knew they wanted to make more music together. Lou was inspired enough by that performance to recently ask the band to join him in taking his theatrical "Lulu" piece to the next level and so starting in early May of this year we were all camped out recording at HQ studios in Northern California, bringing us to today and ten complete songs. We can't wait to share this music and the whole experience with you.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:53 am

After reading that description, I think I will be too dumb to enjoy this. All things Metallica - Page 6 685534

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
After reading that description, I think I will be too dumb to enjoy this. All things Metallica - Page 6 685534

Lou Reed's other concept albums are lyric wise intelligent but not so full of themselves that the meaning and artistry does not get lost up Lou Reed's own ass, I think you will like it if it is like his 'New York' or 'Berlin' album, smart rock music created for adults, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:19 am

Is it a Lou Reed album with Metallica as his backing band (like how those couple of Robert Palmer albums were rumored to have The Scorpions as his band)? Or will it be billed as a "Lou Reed w/ Metallica" album?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:23 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Is it a Lou Reed album with Metallica as his backing band (like how those couple of Robert Palmer albums were rumored to have The Scorpions as his band)? Or will it be billed as a "Lou Reed w/ Metallica" album?

I am not 100% sure but I think it will be labeled Lou Reed and Metallica, or something close to that
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:23 am

I heard the DJs on the local Clear Channel talking about this album when I was switching CDs in my car this morning. They were talking about the "musical genius" of both bands and how Lou Reed described this album as "the best album by anyone, ever" and "this is perfection right in front of me. It’s a marriage made in heaven.". That's a whole lot of egotistical hype to live up to.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
I heard the DJs on the local Clear Channel talking about this album when I was switching CDs in my car this morning. They were talking about the "musical genius" of both bands and how Lou Reed described this album as "the best album by anyone, ever" and "this is perfection right in front of me. It’s a marriage made in heaven.". That's a whole lot of egotistical hype to live up to.

Lou Reed says that about every album he has ever worked on, and Mr Reed is not known for his humbleness.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:35 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Lou Reed's other concept albums are lyric wise intelligent but not so full of themselves that the meaning and artistry does not get lost up Lou Reed's own ass, I think you will like it if it is like his 'New York' or 'Berlin' album, smart rock music created for adults, if that makes sense.

I've never listened to Lou Reed or Velvet Underground. No interest. Too artsy, not enough rock for me. I think the only song I know is that 'Walk on the Wild Side'. Might recognize a coupla others if I heard them though.

Quote :

I understood it to be a Lou Reed album with Metallica as his backing band. Whichever it is, no way that their managment isn't gonna let the world know that Metallica is playing on this album. It will be well publicized for sure.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 am

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Lou Reed says that about every album he has ever worked on, and Mr Reed is not known for his humbleness.

He's not alone. Every artist says that their upcoming album is the best/heaviest/favorite. It's only in hindsight when they go back and say, "Yea, St. Anger was a real turd. I dunno what we we're thinking." Razz

Just once, I'd like to hear a musician say in advance "Well, this new album coming out is pretty bland. The record company rushed us, the riffs are recycled, the guitarist was zonked out on Nyquil the whole time and I stole the lyrics from my 14 year old niece's Live Journal blog. It's probably the lamest album of our career. Enjoy.".

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:43 am

Lou Reed has been in cult status forever and a day, his albums sell in respectable numbers but he has never had a huge blockbuster best seller, his discography is one that sells steadily, and his sells do not reflect his influence and his concerts are usually sell out affairs in mid size theaters etc

I am sure Lou Reed's management is looking at this as his chance to finally score with the mainstream audience, of course their idiots if they do because the concept does not exactly scream commercial success.

As far as Metallica, this a chance to score critical kudos from an audience that has ignored them, those snobs at the Village Voice and Spin, and other assorted asswipes, that have spent many years kissing Lou Reed's ass. Of course Lou Reed usually holds this same people in contempt, but they love him anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:49 am

Chances are, unless I'm really blown away by the first single or some other samples, I'll wait this one out. My fan-boy days of Metallica are long over, but I'm sure used copies will flood the market within a month or so after it's initial release.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

He's not alone. Every artist says that their upcoming album is the best/heaviest/favorite. It's only in hindsight when they go back and say, "Yea, St. Anger was a real turd. I dunno what we we're thinking." Razz

True. They may say it's their best album ever, insomuch as it's better than any album they personally released before. Lou Reed said this is the best album by ANYONE, EVER!

It had better be one kick ass album to make a claim like that.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 am

See, I can't even read his quotes correctly. What chance do I have to understand the album's heady concept if I can't even get his quote right. All things Metallica - Page 6 472591

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next