Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

Go down 
+20
Wargod
TrogDawn
mc666
candlemass
Sabbath In Solitude
chucksteak
kmorg
MetalH
James B.
DeathCult
Rex
nevermore
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
sam
EvyMetal
GrandNational
steel warrior
Troublezone
krokus
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 pm

What's the story with "From The 13th Sun"? Was this actually a Candlemass album or side project stuff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:42 am

Oh, snap. This one is right around the corner as well. April is going to be total Doomonic Month with both the Candlemass and Sabbath new releases. I just hope that this one stands up to the new bar set by The Grey Islands. If it does, don't forget to mention this title to friends who are getting themselve the new Sabbath outing. This band deserves to get across to many more folks. I just heard 'If I Ever Die' and it totally smokes. Oh, man. Picture a Candlemass/Heaven and Hell tour.

I actually just saw pieces of Candlemass - Live in Fryshuset - 1990, part of the Documents of Doom DVD. This is the first footage I've ever seen of the band. And, this was the most opportune to see them live back in the day, back in 1990 when they already had four awesome albums under their belt and ample practice as a live act. Let's see if these guys come to the states after the release of this Death Magic Doom. Listening to 'Hammer of Doom' now, and this one kills too.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/candlemass

Full album streaming.

headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:25 pm

I heard the new stuff last night. I guess those tunes are about half of the tracks.

Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:42 am

The leak I found yesterday had these tracks

1. If I Ever Die 4:54
2. Hammer Of Doom 6:17
3. The Bleeding Baroness 7:20
4. Demon Of The Deep 5:22
5. House Of Thousand Voices 7:50
6. Dead Angel 4:05
7. Clouds Of Dementia 5:39
8. My Funeral Dreams 6:05
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Candlemass is hot, kid. Can't wait for this one. Everyone will soon know the destructive power and force of a fully operational Candlemass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:39 pm

I've heard the tracks twice already. Still not ready to deliver a verdict. Been listening to these things in the background while I type away on the net and talk on the phone, so I'm not dedicating full attention to these titles, but still, nothing really jumped out at me and said, "Hey, check me out, I'm great. How do you do?" I still have high hopes for this one. Hopin' that when it all unfolds we have another Grey Islands on our hands. Anyone here have a fully formed opinion yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:27 pm

Who's got an opinion on this one yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:41 pm

Marc Mason wrote:

I'll let you know on May 5th when it's officially released.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:29 am

Marc Mason wrote:

I think its really good, but I like King of Grey Islands a lot more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 pm

The songs from Death Magic Doom are very close in quality to what was on Grey Islands. I'm happy to acknowledge that the Swedes were able to pull it off once again. And, what's great about this incarnation of Candlemass is that they've once again delivered the same 'type' of recording.

The album essentially sounds like a sequel to Grey Islands. Ya know what I'm gittin at? Many to most bands put out records that differ somewhat in direction and production from year to year. This, of course, is a good thing, it leads to much diversity. But 'we' the fans seem to have a big problem with each subsequent release that isnt an 'exact' carbon copy of the one that preceeded it.

We don't have that problem here with the new Candlemass material. The music on Death Magic Doom sounds like Grey Islands in every way. The guitar tone, the production, the vocals are all on the same page. Also, good to see Candlemass on Nuclear Blast...the home of REAL Metal groups.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:07 pm

I listened to a couple tracks on their myspace site, sounds pretty tasty!

My favorite track from Grey Islands is "Devil Seed", hopefully they'll be something similarly catchy on this new one.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 MessiahC-Mass is in need of a saviour, oh that's right, they crucified him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Messiah is so cute. He had a great stage presence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Messiah is starting his own clothing store: Druids R Us
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Trog's one negative observation not having heard this or the last album:

That title is lame IMO. "Death Magic Doom"? It smacks of "BloodSugarSexMagik" by the Chili Peppers or "CrazySexyCool" by TLC...bleh sick

Would like to hear Rob's vocal contributions to them wunna these days tho! Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Trog, we're not going to let your negativity bring us down, man. I mean, what would make you think that we're into downer things? Listening to a genre of music tagged as Doom maybe? Fact of the matter is that this pair of recent albums from CM is just about the best anybody could have ever asked out of the Epic Doom genre. They're Doomtastic.

Picture the four best recordings between both Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus. Are you picturing them in your mind's eye? Can you feel their texture between your grimy fingers? Well, that's how good these CM recordings are. With Rob on board, it's like the best of both bands coming together. Speaking of that other group, SA's last effort 'Alone' is right, smack dab on the same page as the two CM recordings. Really, really good. High on Doom, low on lameness. Real low on the lame.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 pm

I dig this alot very dOOm!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 am

Oh, it's slicker than spit. It's slicker than aligator schitt. And, it's way melodious too. I didn't pick up on the catchiness factor on my first go 'round. But, it's all in there. All whipped up to a frothy doomic broth. When all's said an done, this one is going to be pretty close to Grey Islands.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 am

Great album. Better than King of the Grey Islands in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Invader wrote:
Great album. Better than King of the Grey Islands in my opinion.

You say betta?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 am

Rex wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

I think its really good, but I like King of Grey Islands a lot more.

So far my spin on it is the same, Grey Island grabbed me in instantly, this seemed shorter and only a couple tracks stood out. Like anything though, it may take more spins. Cant wait to get the real deal in my hands in May.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:43 am

I've listened to it several times now and I still think Grey Islands is wayyyyy better. Not that this is bad at all....but KotGI was AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Rex wrote:
I've listened to it several times now and I still think Grey Islands is wayyyyy better. Not that this is bad at all....but KotGI was AWESOME.

I'm going to have to give KothGI another shot, it did not impress me all that much upon the first few spins. I just thought it was ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 pm

KotGI was King in my opinion. This might sound sacreligious to some long-practicing Candlemass alumni, but I really think that it might be their overall best. Granted, I only did just enter the congregation a few years prior to its release...but when you give a fair and objective appraisal of that album and compare to their other near-immaculate outings like Nightfall and Tales of Creation, it sure looks like it beats 'em by a nudge.

That's my honest accounting of what I'm hearing. I also feel the same way about Trouble's Simple Mind Condition. I love and understand what the band was doing during its intital phase, then, what they were shooting for during those Rick Rubin/Def American years...But, I think that 'SMC' is the best of 'em all. IAnd, it's albums like these two which make me think that we're living in the best Metal Era EVER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next