Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

Go down 
+20
Wargod
TrogDawn
mc666
candlemass
Sabbath In Solitude
chucksteak
kmorg
MetalH
James B.
DeathCult
Rex
nevermore
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
sam
EvyMetal
GrandNational
steel warrior
Troublezone
krokus
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 am

DeathCult wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, but "Ancient Dreams" was a lackluster album with only a few good tunes in the eyes of many metal fans (including me). To me, their first two albums were the great ones and many of the rest are spotty.

Very true, Ancient Dreams is probably their worst early album. My main problem with Candlemass was always the vocals though, I love the music Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, but Marcolin irritates me like crazy. I was never able to get really into them because of it.

I'm right there with ya, my favorite is Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:28 pm

We're slowly becoming one of those "only the first 2 albums are any good" forums...

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Nobody said "Ancient Dreams" wasn't any good at all.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I thought it was great
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Seriously. Messiah who?

http://www.myspace.com/nuclearblasteurope

Killer! Best doom vocalist ever.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:19 pm

yeah fat guy in a giant burlap sack doing the "doom dance"

very metal indeed Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:32 pm

The only disc I have is Ancient Dreams which I like pretty well. I can't get that song to work...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:19 pm

James B. wrote:
yeah fat guy in a giant burlap sack doing the "doom dance"

very metal indeed Laughing very hard
Well, despite my love of Lowe's voice, Messiah is the better frontman. Lowe doesn't do much on stage expect brood.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:30 am

Messiah is the voice of doom. NOTHING can ever change that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 pm

There are new samples of the brand new to be released Candlemass album streaming at the Nuclear Blast Europe myspace page. The samples aren't long, but they are sure killer so far!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:24 pm

looks like the cover for the new album

http://www.metaltotal.com/noticias/2214.detalles-de-lo-nuevo-de-candlemass.html

if it is, it looks pretty sweet. 🤘
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Looking forward to anything new from them. I really enjoyed the King Of the Grey Islands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:42 pm

This album is going to flat out rule.

Word from John Perez is that Solitude Aeturnus are writing a new album, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:56 pm

kmorg wrote:
Messiah is the voice of doom. NOTHING can ever change that.

It sure doomed be from buying any more Candlemass albums after Nightfall. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 am

Since I have a personal connection here,I am going to say about Candlemass what I have always said about Sabbath.I don't compare the vocalists,IMO both bands have been fortunate to have had some great vocalists.

1.Johan Lanquist-What else can be said about this guy,he was just amazing,he had one of those classic European style voices that just left you in awe,if ,you have ever attempted to sing.His version of Under The Oak is just awesome !

2.Edward Marcolin-I know he has had his share of insults and has let his ego get the best of him,but to me,in the end,that voice set Candlemass apart from the others.I have heard that there are imitators,that the band in fact auditioned some,and to me that tells the story of how influential he was in the genre.

3.Robert-Before I heard the news,I had a weird kind of psychic moment,it just so happened I had made a mix of only Candlemass and Solitude and had titled it Candelus Aeturnus.Blew my mind when I read the news,since I had had absolutely no inkling of an idea that they had offered him the position.
I think that above all the superlatives that can be used,the highest praise that I can give his talent, is that I have never had to exaggerate to anyone about just how great of a singer he is.I have and continue to be blown away since the first time I saw Solitude play in 91,they were doing a cover of Fates "The Apparition",which at the time was the only song I recognized ,and I was instantly impressed.
I once wrote that Robert rivaled Dio in voice and later wondered if maybe I had went a little too far ,but despite anyone's opinion of that statement,one thing is undeniable,like Dio,Robert takes a song and makes it his,that IMO is what makes him a great vocalist.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm a total sucker for both Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus now. But, it was primarily the strength of their recent/reunion discs which put me in touch with these bands' back catalogs. For Candlemass, i'm frikkin' McLovin' Tales Of Creation the most, quickly followed by Nightfall. And, for SA, it's mostly 'Into The Depths..." and "Beyond The Crimson..." that's got my interest.

But, Candlemass and SA, like Trouble , and to a much lesser degree Witchfinder General and Cathedral, have, in the last few years, put out works which easily rival their best stuff. Candlemass' King of the Grey Islands and Solitude Aeturnus' Alone are beyond tight. KOTGI and Trouble's Simple Mind Condition will probably be remembered as the genre's most memorable titles.

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with the recent Candlemass EP though. The three new tracks sound like they might have been weak leftovers from the KOTGI outing. But, I'm highly anticipating the release of their 2009 recording, Death Magic Doom. Can anyone tell us a little about this upcoming release?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 pm

sam wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I thought it was great

So did I. I thought Leif made a huge mistake by making apollogies for and bashing that lp, he should've just let it stand on it's own. Tales of Creation was killer as well.

Haven't heard anything of the new one yet, but that has to be one of the most stupid titles ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Chubby time!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:59 pm

This band fulfills all important criteria on my checklist for a truly good time.

They've quickly ascended into my Top Ten of alltime Metal bands.

Yep, I'm that satisfied with their product. Looking forward to their next full-length.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
This album is going to flat out rule.

Word from John Perez is that Solitude Aeturnus are writing a new album, too.
would love another SA album. they talked of playing faster this time around. making a more traditional metal album.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:24 am

I need to get this bands stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I need to get this bands stuff.

I'm not no Candlemass expert, but I would actually say to begin with their most recent one and work your way back in time. That is, try "King of The Grey Islands" first. I think that this one might be their overall, most accessible and memorable. Ton of memorable melody lines on this one. And, it's got Rob Lowe on vocals. The next one is going to be hot, son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:13 pm

I just heard 'Nightfall' on the ride in. These guys know how to bring The Heavy...and in a big way. And, like with Iron Maiden, most-to-all of the material comes from the crazy, doomonic mind of the bass player, Leif Edling. Guy is awesome. I wanna tell 'im what he's done for me...in a big way. Question: When does the new title drop? Question 2: Were the new songs on Lucifer Rising part of the new album, or leftovers from the last project? I'm kinda hoping that it's the latter, because I wasn't too keen on them tracks. I mean, I was. They were good...for what the band used to be. But, them boys on a whole 'nother plane now, son. They totally doomonic now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:28 pm

http://www.myspace.com/candlemass

Full album streaming.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:52 pm

sweet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next