Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Empty
PostSubject: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:38 pm

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/candlemass-death-magic-doom/

grim reaper 🤘
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Excellent review, I agree it's a great album and yet one more great doom release this year. I'll eventually pick it up when I've worn out Forsaken's After The Fall disc, a great 2009 doom release that I highly recommend and so far I like a bit more than this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:04 pm

I'll have to check it out again at some point, I listened to it online but it didn't make much of an impression. I might give it another shot once the finances improve.

I've never really been much of a Candlemass fan...though I did enjoy the self-titled reunion album they did a few years ago. King Of The Grey Islands was okay, but really only a couple songs stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:18 am

This is definitely a great album, but nowhere near the greatness of the early days or the white album they did in 2005. It's a lot better than King Of The Grey Islands though, which I thought was doggydoodoo. All the songs on DMD are good, but they're not that interesting as they used to be. I think the new Forsaken album is a much better epic doom record.

What Candlemass really needs is Johan Langquist or Messiah. Lowe is a brilliant singer, but he should just focus on Solitude Aeturnus.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 pm

greedy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:20 pm

I look forward to obtaining a copy of this someday.

Until that day arrives, I will distract my wanting thoughts with images of large-breasted, scantily-clad women fanning me with giant palm-leaves as others feed me bacon-wrapped scallops while I command my minions to do my bidding. Topping the list is smiting my enemies, most notably, one Jimmy Fallon.

There is no immediate time-frame for me to get this album. I can wait.

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:48 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom   CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CANDLEMASS - Death Magic Doom
Page 1 of 1