Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

Go down 
+20
Wargod
TrogDawn
mc666
candlemass
Sabbath In Solitude
chucksteak
kmorg
MetalH
James B.
DeathCult
Rex
nevermore
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
sam
EvyMetal
GrandNational
steel warrior
Troublezone
krokus
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Empty
PostSubject: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:42 am

Wow!

LUCIFER RISING 🤘

That's one of the baddest Candlemass songs I've heard in a long time. Robert Lowe is ridiculously good.

Last edited by Eyesore on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:39 am

Will own. 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:52 am

Very heavy metal and very very cool song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:55 am

I've played this song probably 7 or 8 times now...freaking awesome!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:33 am

The new stuff sounds good.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:41 am

Robert Lowe = one of the best voices in metal
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Robert Lowe's voice is to Doom metal what Rob Rock's voice is to Classic/Heavy Metal. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Anything by Candlemass is good.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

amen Candlemass - Death Magic Doom 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:29 pm

I'll check it out eventually I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Quote :

You gotta be kidding. There are 3 Candlemass albums that I don't think are very good at all! Don't get me wrong, I have been a huge Candlemass fan for a very long time, but there are a few duds in their catalog. From the 13th Sun, and Dactylis Glomerata to be precise.

Anyways, about this Lucifer Rising EP... WOW!! The live tracks are awesome, the re-recording of one of the classics is awesome, and the new song KILLS! Really great stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:03 pm

Yeah, there are definitely some duds in the CANDLEMASS catalog.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

You gotta be kidding. There are 3 Candlemass albums that I don't think are very good at all! Don't get me wrong, I have been a huge Candlemass fan for a very long time, but there are a few duds in their catalog. From the 13th Sun, and Dactylis Glomerata to be precise.

Anyways, about this Lucifer Rising EP... WOW!! The live tracks are awesome, the re-recording of one of the classics is awesome, and the new song KILLS! Really great stuff!!!

those 2 albums are good. But they are not excellent as the rest of their catalog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:49 am

I listened to this new song probably 20 times yesterday...it's SO good!!! METAL!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:10 pm

I will have to get this!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:39 am

This song is disappointing to me. It doesn't stand up against anything from the last album. Waaaaaay to much "Lucifer" repetition in this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 am

It's definitely "metal". The galloping chugga chugga riffs, the double-bass, the manly metal vocals, the Priest-flavored backing vocals, the constant, incessant repetition of the chorus.

I'm sure I would have loved this when I was 15...at 38...not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:06 pm

This is alright. I will probably buy the new album when it comes out. I fear that what once blew me away (King of the Grey Islands) hasn't had the staying power like earlier C-Mass releases.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:54 pm

This song sounded pretty average to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Ya'll are funny. lol!

I've seen similar reactions over different board..."repetitive", "too gallopping", "not Doom enough"....but there are a few like me who love it.

A couple points:

- Candlemass has always had a few songs here and there that were more headbanging...

- Repetitive? It's a classic Heavy Metal chorus! Iron Maiden made a career out of repetitive choruses...it's perfect for a live show...

This song could have been on "Ancient Dreams" or something...awesome, Doomy Heavy Metal...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah, but "Ancient Dreams" was a lackluster album with only a few good tunes in the eyes of many metal fans (including me). To me, their first two albums were the great ones and many of the rest are spotty.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:22 pm

Theres another song on this new release called White God that is very doomy! Amazing tune!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Theres another song on this new release called White God that is very doomy! Amazing tune!
True enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
To me, their first two albums were the great ones and many of the rest are spotty.

You say that about everything... lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, but "Ancient Dreams" was a lackluster album with only a few good tunes in the eyes of many metal fans (including me). To me, their first two albums were the great ones and many of the rest are spotty.

Very true, Ancient Dreams is probably their worst early album. My main problem with Candlemass was always the vocals though, I love the music Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, but Marcolin irritates me like crazy. I was never able to get really into them because of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candlemass - Death Magic Doom   Candlemass - Death Magic Doom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next