Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Living Fields (Doom Death)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Living Fields (Doom Death) Empty
PostSubject: The Living Fields (Doom Death)   The Living Fields (Doom Death) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Man, I have got to recommend this band. I stumbled across this band recently (did someone here mention them?). Anyway, I checked out their MySpace page and was totally diggin' it, so I bought their latest CD. It came today.

Now, I know this isn't the genre of choice for most people, but if you dig anything in that Slumber or Draconian style, you should check these guys out. It's got the basic doom death foundation: slow, crushing music layered with death metal growls. But there is so much more hear. This is epic stuff; orchestration, violins, cellos, high-pitched power metal wails (somewhat like the guy from 3 Inches Of Blood), clean singing, fretless bass, all kinds of stuff. It's really killer. Dynamic and catchy.

Doom death, for me, is one of those hit or miss genres. Generally the albums are a miss. But occasionally one comes along, like Slumber, and just kills it. The Living Fields is one of those bands. This album is absolutely brilliant!

Check them out:

http://www.myspace.com/thelivingfields
http://www.thelivingfields.com

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Living Fields (Doom Death)   The Living Fields (Doom Death) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:06 pm

It sounds like the wailing has the potential to become annoying just like it is in 3 Inches of Blood, but at least its not so prominent in the mix. They are pretty good from what I hear on Myspace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Living Fields (Doom Death)   The Living Fields (Doom Death) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It sounds like the wailing has the potential to become annoying just like it is in 3 Inches of Blood, but at least its not so prominent in the mix. They are pretty good from what I hear on Myspace.
No way. I am one of those that gets annoyed with the guy in 3 Inches Of Blood. The Living Fields guy mixes it up well so it's not overbearing. And he does all the vocals, too. Pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Living Fields (Doom Death)   The Living Fields (Doom Death) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 am

sounds pretty good from what i hear

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Living Fields (Doom Death)   The Living Fields (Doom Death) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 1:18 am

Reminds me of Paramaecium with classical stringed instuments added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Living Fields (Doom Death)   The Living Fields (Doom Death) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Living Fields (Doom Death)
Page 1 of 1