Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:50 pm

"The Flood" is weird. It's like hip hop doom/sludge. Haha. This album is definitely very different from them. Some classic Mojo, some doom/sludge, some country, pop, it's quite a mix. I question the sense of it all, though. I dig the album, but it's feels a bit disjointed. Listening from beginning to end sort of feels weird. As individual tracks, they're all great. As a whole? Not so sure.

And Napalm is a metal label. Sure, they're put out some non-metal albums, but it's just strange that Rich would put out Mojo's mellowest, most varied album now. Smart business move? Not so sure.

The album is way too short, too. 12 songs, 3 pointless interludes, and one song, "The Fear," that's under 2 minutes long? Kind of sucks, especially considering Rich said he wanted to do a double album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:53 pm

I agree, when i was listening to it, it didnt flow together well. Rich's tone as well seems to be a lot cleaner less meaner. Rich has said that he already has 7 other songs for the next album in an interview I read..
Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2