Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thrash revival

Go down 
+4
Todd Jaymz
mc666
Temple of Blood
kmorg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:27 pm

Well, since the latest Metal Hammer (UK) tells us that we are facing a Thrash Metal revival, I guess it must be so!!

Seriosuly though, this issue has a lot of great new band, mixed in with some old ones, on a sampler CD that came with the mag. And inside the mag they write about even more new thrash metal stuff. Here are some great bands I discovered listening to the sampler:

Muncipal Waste, Sanctity, SSS, Evile (were familiar with them from MySpace, but this rekindeled my interest in them), Hyades, Mastery (the first instrumental thrash metal band I've know) and Gama Bomb.

So, are we facing the return of Thrash Metal in 2007, like we saw the return of metal in 1997?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:17 pm

I guess so.
Back to top Go down

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 7:27 pm

I was reading that in Barnes and Noble. Seemed pretty interesting. I read all the band profiles but I didnt buy it, instead I bought a Possessed shirt:metal:
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:13 am

this stuff comes & goes...

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 2:44 am

mc666 wrote:

...or in Overkill's case, never went away. I wonder what they think of this whole thing?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 7:08 am

Thrust wrote:
mc666 wrote:

...or in Overkill's case, never went away. I wonder what they think of this whole thing?
or Slayer, or Kreator, or Sodom, etc etc. i was refering to the mass popularity.

Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 2:12 pm

I'm all for that, thanx god it's not a Nu-Metal revival haha-TJ
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 2:27 pm

Thrash 'Til Death!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:33 am

kmorg wrote:
Well, since the latest Metal Hammer (UK) tells us that we are facing a Thrash Metal revival, I guess it must be so!!

Seriosuly though, this issue has a lot of great new band, mixed in with some old ones, on a sampler CD that came with the mag. And inside the mag they write about even more new thrash metal stuff. Here are some great bands I discovered listening to the sampler:

Muncipal Waste, Sanctity, SSS, Evile (were familiar with them from MySpace, but this rekindeled my interest in them), Hyades, Mastery (the first instrumental thrash metal band I've know) and Gama Bomb.

So, are we facing the return of Thrash Metal in 2007, like we saw the return of metal in 1997?

this months hammer has some good free cds but there are some shitty metalcore songs on one of them

i like sanctity and municipal waste who have a real buzz around them at the moment
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 12:41 pm

from Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77206
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Thrash never went anywhere to their diehard fans.Popularity comes and goes but Thrash is here til death!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Ultimatum have been playing the same style of music since 1992. Never cared if it was popular or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Thrash revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thrash revival   The Thrash revival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thrash revival
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: