Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Empty
PostSubject: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:27 pm

http://www.myspace.com/napalmrecords

New song. Different style for these guys...again! I love how they continue to evolve yet manage to remain Stuck Mojo.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:31 pm

I love it!

But I don't think it's that much different from their last several. I'll be picking this up when it comes out!

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:40 pm

http://www.myspace.com/stuckinthemojo

Another new song there. Can't get it to load yet, though.

And no, it's not too different, but it's definitely got a different vibe. They've done this on every album so far. Over at Rich's forum, he says that's one of the heaviest songs on the album. Interesting.

Rich said he wanted to do a double album, but Napalm wouldn't give any more money for the additional studio time. I wonder if the more mellow songs just fit together better? Here are two demos of songs that'll be on the album:

FRIENDS (Demo)
INVINCIBLE (Demo)

Those come off the pre-Southern Born Killers EP they sold at shows when they got back together with Bonz. Rich says the new versions are a bit different, but these should give you an idea of what to expect. Plus they're great tunes and cool to have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Just finished listening to "Now That You're All Alone." Pretty mellow for a Mojo tune. Reminds me of Rich's solo stuff more than Mojo, at least on the chorus. Great song, though. I really dig it!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:44 am

It's all good, Rich is a good songwriter. The (15 min of Fame) song sounds similar to what they did on the studio tracks that were on their Heavy 1 live album. I will definately pick this one up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 pm

troublezone wrote:
It's all good, Rich is a good songwriter. The (15 min of Fame) song sounds similar to what they did on the studio tracks that were on their Heavy 1 live album. I will definately pick this one up.
You're right. They're are like the HVY1 studio tracks, a nice mix of Mojo and Sick Speed (Rich's early side-project).
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:51 pm

Awesome songs how did you like the really heavy drumming in 15 minutes? Sometimes it seemed out of place i guess im not used to that type of drumming in SM...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:54 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Awesome songs how did you like the really heavy drumming in 15 minutes? Sometimes it seemed out of place i guess im not used to that type of drumming in SM...

It sounded great! It's a new ingredient to their sound that just adds "more".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

I don't know. The drum work on other albums was pretty heavy, especially Pigwalk.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't know. The drum work on other albums was pretty heavy, especially Pigwalk.

yes the drumming is awesome in 15. but Bud never really did the fast tempo speed drumming thats present here. I love it though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:24 pm

I haven't checked out the new songs yet. I really was disappointed with their last release which has made me iffy on hearing the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:44 pm

I liked the last one. I'll definitely be picking the new one up; especially since I just filled out my Stuck Mojo collection with their early albums.

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:34 pm

nevermore wrote:
I haven't checked out the new songs yet. I really was disappointed with their last release which has made me iffy on hearing the new stuff.
Disappointed? How so?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:10 am

i'm not sure why that this other vocalist just doesn't do it for me. yeah, his style isn't much different from Bonz... it just doesn't grab me the same.

btw... Pigwalk is just badass. i love all four Bonz albums. i'd like to love the newer stuff. i just need to overcome some stuff to get into them, i guess.

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I actually think he sounds pretty different from Bonz. He's got a more tradition hip hop sound, where Bonz kind of sounded like Dave Chappelle. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:06 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm not sure why that this other vocalist just doesn't do it for me. yeah, his style isn't much different from Bonz... it just doesn't grab me the same.

btw... Pigwalk is just badass. i love all four Bonz albums. i'd like to love the newer stuff. i just need to overcome some stuff to get into them, i guess.

Bonz actually can shout and the new guy just kinda raps only.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:53 am

mc666 wrote:

Its safe to say Bonz was the man and his trademark rapping is missed. I miss him a lot. One thing i have seen though is that the Lord seems to have a more traditional lyric flow and uses a lof of what todays rappers use in his lyrics. It took me a while to realize Bonz is gone, and when i hear the mojo that's hard to get over. I agree PIGWALK is killer badass and is one heavy mofo.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'm not sure why that this other vocalist just doesn't do it for me. yeah, his style isn't much different from Bonz... it just doesn't grab me the same

This is pretty much how I feel about the newer stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Why is Mojo not in the metal section? Their music is metal despite the rapper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:57 am

Couple cool tour vids. Two new songs can be heard.

Part one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5EiDlBhFg

(A snippet of "Invincible" plays on this one, and it seems better than the demo; and there's a snippet of "The Fear," which sounds frickin' awesome!)

Part two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diK-z2gMdKg

(Another snippet of "The Fear" plays at the end of this one, and again...wow!)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:47 am

I'm not feeling those songs too much. They seem less energetic than the old stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Um...the clip of "The Fear" sounded like it could be their heaviest song ever.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:03 pm

These clips sound and I cant wait, this is one album on my I cant wait list..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I don't think so. Pigwalk sounds heavier and the female voice throws it off too. The drums are aggressive though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:43 pm

troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I don't think so. Pigwalk sounds heavier and the female voice throws it off too. The drums are aggressive though.

I just listened to this whole cd and The Fear is def one of there heaviest, I think the female voice is awesome in the song. The Great Revival is a really fresh sounding Mojo release. A lot of melodic songs, and some really insprational lyrics in this release. Country Road, Friends, and both Superstar parts could easily be pushed to radio stations. The Flood is my favorite track on the cd is has one killer breakdown and i just love the vibe to the song..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival   Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck Mojo - The Great Revival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next