Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)

Go down 
+8
INVADERS
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
Lurideath
GrandNational
krokus
kmorg
Troublezone
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:34 pm

http://www.hailmetal.com/gate.html?name=BestOfDeath

I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to Death Metal, but the ones I know from this list I think are killer! Good list to use if you're wanting to explore the genre...

Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) 927150 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:37 pm

I should have given it a chance but AT THE GATES - THE RED IN THE SKY IS OURS at number one? I lost interest quick.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Nocturnus/The Key should be well ahead of Sepultura/Morbid Visions! Also Spiritual Healing should be #1.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Great to se Cadaver on the list! I probably own just 10 or so releases on that list! Death metal isn't exactly what I dig the most.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Have many of those albums and like them all. Great list. DEATH METAL FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 5:58 pm

I've lost interest in death metal over the years. It has to be something really good for me to buy it, otherwise I'd rather spent my money on thrash/classic/doom releases.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Well I don't agree with the order of where the albums are listed, not do I think some of them should even be on that list. But there are some killer releases on there!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well I don't agree with the order of where the albums are listed, not do I think some of them should even be on that list. But there are some killer releases on there!

I agree. Is Opeth's "Morningrise" really death metal? There are a few more questionable choices as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 pm

A couple of my favorites I didn't see on that list:

Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:15 pm

"Tales" was at #3, Ult. But they ommitted my fave Amorphis "Elegy". Much of that list appears to be classic death. I only own three and have sold many. This and the ommision of discs like Elegy tells me that I like "melodic" death mostly.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:26 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
"Tales" was at #3, Ult. But they ommitted my fave
Amorphis "Elegy". Much of that list appears to be classic death. I only
own three and have sold many. This and the ommision of discs like Elegy
tells me that I like "melodic" death mostly.

Oops, missed it.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:57 pm

AT THE GATES - THE RED IN THE SKY IS OURS at number 1

i wouldnt have put that at number one....

maybe Death - Scream Bloody Gore or Human or Possessed - seven churches because they were one of the first ...

but even the whole nile back catologue is better than at the gates(although at the gates are shite)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:10 pm

Heck if its death metal how come Ultimatum isn't up there? Smile just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:16 am

It's great to see a Mexican band in that list, The chasm is one of the best death metal bands ever. They added something new to the genre.
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:57 am

Good list, but I feel the following should have been included:

Napalm Death - harmony corruption
Terrorizer - world downfall
Repulsion - horrified
Immolation - dawn of possession
Entombed - clandestine
Death - scream bloody gore, leprosy, and human
Suffocation - effigy of the forgotten, human waste, breeding the spawn
Vital remains - let us pray
Carcass - reek and symphonies
At the gates - slaughter of the soul
Impetigo - ultimo mondo....
Bolt Thrower - war master
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:05 am

That's a pretty good list I think. I was happy to see Death's "Spiritual Healing" in the top 5.

Also, it was nice to see Obituary, Therion, Pestilence and Opeth all made the cut.

I've purchased quite a few of those albums. I like death metal, but I do have to be in the right mood for it.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:08 pm

blackieboy wrote:
.... but I do have to be in the right mood for it.
surprised:lol!:FREAKY MOOD
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:39 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I agree. Is Opeth's "Morningrise" really death metal? There are a few more questionable choices as well.

still it is an amazing album
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:15 am

there are a few changes i would make, some i would have added, some removed & some changes in order. but all in all it's a darn good list there. 🤘

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)   Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Death Metal Albums (HailMetal.com)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: