Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Metal albums with best production

Go down 
+4
Stender
manny
mc666
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Death Metal albums with best production Empty
PostSubject: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 pm

I know a lot or most Death Metal albums are not very good production wise but occasionally there is a gem. I think the production on Malevolent Creation's Envenomed or the remastered Envenomed 2 is remarkable for extreme metal or any metal for that matter. What are some other contenders?

http://www.tower.com/envenomed-ii-malevolent-creation-cd/wapi/106362374

Last edited by troublezone on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I know some don't consider Death's (Symbolic) full on Death Metal but i do consider it progressive Death and the production is pretty much one of the best of all time... loud, clear and heavy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:01 pm

there are many, depending on your definition of "good" production. Vital Remains - Icons Of Evil, Gorguts - Obscura, Krisiun - Southern Storm, Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption, God Dethroned - The Grand Grimoire, Cannibal Corpse - Kill, Vader - Litany, Napalm Death - Diatribes, Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone, Cryptopsy - Once Was Not, Hate Eternal - I, Monarch, Skinless - Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead, Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis

tons more

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:04 pm

mc666 wrote:
there are many, depending on your definition of "good" production. Vital Remains - Icons Of Evil, Gorguts - Obscura, Krisiun - Southern Storm, Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption, God Dethroned - The Grand Grimoire, Cannibal Corpse - Kill, Vader - Litany, Napalm Death - Diatribes, Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone, Cryptopsy - Once Was Not, Hate Eternal - I, Monarch, Skinless - Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead, Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis

tons more

My definition is Envenomed and Symbolic. Cool
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:09 pm

those aren't definitions, those would be examples. either way, my list fits in with those two if good production means balanced, clear, clean, & slightly polished.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Ignore this post i reposted my response below.

Last edited by troublezone on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:15 pm

mc666 wrote:
those aren't definitions, those would be examples. either way, my list fits in with those two if good production means balanced, clear, clean, & slightly polished.

Quote :
loud, clear and heavy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:18 pm

i saw that, but you were talking about a prog album. Symbolic is not death metal at all.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Morbid Angel "Convent" and Death's "Symbolic" , have some of the best production of this genre
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:25 pm

as much as i love Morbid Angel, all of their albums have a very muddled, murky sound. it works for them, but it's not what i'd consider a great production. just my opinion. Covenant is badass though.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
i saw that, but you were talking about a prog album. Symbolic is not death metal at all.

At all? I wouldn't go that far... it has it's Deathy moments. That's why i said some will disagree.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 pm

it was sarcasm bro. just ribbing you.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm

What do you think of Envenomed's production mc?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:37 pm

it's top notch, as was their last album Doomsday X. in fact, aside from Retribution , Envenomed is my fave Malevolent disc.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:38 pm

I like deathmetal that isnt polished actually, same with punk and thrash. Its all about that demo sound!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 pm

True, the Morbid Angel cds I own do have that murky, muddled sound, even when they went to Warner Bros, they continued with that sound.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm

Stender wrote:
I like deathmetal that isnt polished actually, same with punk and thrash. Its all about that demo sound!
i like it all. however i cannot picture amazing albums like Immolation - Harnessing Ruin, Morbid Angel - Gateways To Annihilation, Napalm Death - Fear, Emptiness, Despair, or Acheron - Anti-God, Anti-Christ with a perfect production. it's the sound they have that give them their character.

Last edited by mc666 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's top notch, as was their last album Doomsday X. in fact, aside from Retribution , Envenomed is my fave Malevolent disc.

I agree with Retribution and Envenomed as the two best MC records but i didn't like the drum sound on Doomsday X at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Stender wrote:

Demos are good for what they are but to prefer "burgers to steak" is strange to me.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Some that I think are outstanding are:

Malevolent Creation - Eternal
Suffocation - Pierced from Within
Angel Corpse - The Inexorable
Hail of Bullets - Of Frost And War
Vader - Litany
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Angel Corpse is awesome, however all of their albums have the vocals very low in the mix. not sure why that is.

Suffocation's Pierced From Within is one of my all time favorite albums of any genre.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:38 pm

DEATH - Symbolic
SUFFOCATION - Pierced from Within
CANNIBAL CORPSE - The Bleeding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Just cause it isn't Brootal doesn't mean it isn't Death.

Death - Symbolic
Death - Sounds Of Perseverance (At least mine)

One of my fav sounding albums:

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

Mirrored as above:

Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Morbid Angel - Covenant (Drums don't sound like a wall! Morbid Angel)

I also enjoy Nile's - Annihilation of the Wicked.

And as others have said, Death Metal does benefit from a little muddiness in the low end. It's dirty sounding music! Listen to the instrumental / transition tracks on Morbid Angel's Domination and tell me they didn't play with the mix!

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am

I'm on the other side. I hate death metal that sounds polished. That makes the album to sound forced. I love murky productions like Massacre-From Beyond, Morbid Angel-Altars of Madness, Obituary-Slowly We Rot, etc. This is how death metal should sound headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 am

Stender wrote:

I agree with that 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Metal albums with best production   Death Metal albums with best production Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Metal albums with best production
Page 1 of 1