Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your own personal METAL habitat

Go down 
+24
DallasBlack
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
kmorg
DeathCult
SideShowDisaSter
TheGooch
nevermore
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
krokus
sovdat
sam
ultmetal
manny
GrandNational
7thSecond
powermacho
Stender
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 pm

theincredibledrechsel wrote:
Would have guessed that they were twenty years old based on the wood grain. And I bet they do crank. Infinity has always made awesome speakers.

I just completed my surround system! I still hope I have all those speakers in twenty years! I bought them with the intent of keeping them that long, but I have a short attention span!

BTW, Nice Therion and Skydiving posters. Hope you've jumped solo! It's on my list of things to do!

Thanks. Never did jump solo; that's too much work. I think of the tandem jump as the ultimate amusement park ride. Just enjoy the trip, ya know.

Infinity is definitely my speaker of choice. I had a pair of satellite tweeters in my 88 Pontiac Sunbird that just screamed, long after the rest of that stereo died. Then I got those big home speakers. So when I bought my Mitsubishi Eclipse and discovered that they had an upgrade to Infinity speakers, of course I bought 'em. I've had the car over 8 years now and abuse the hell outta the system and the only thing I've had to replace was the center dash speaker; the other 6 keep cranking away. I love Infinity speakers.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Awesome stuff, Sax!!! I aspire to that, my metal brother!!! 🤘 I have a "Mancave" in the basement, but no longer keep my music collection there cuz I lost about 100 cds to water damage 2 years ago. That first pic blew my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:03 pm

@ Toho

I normally hate factory stereo systems. I installed stereos for a while, and ripped a few too many out and saw what they were made of. That being said, the Infinity systems are often awesome (especially the Mitsu). Infinity's parent company, Harman Kardon, makes some amazing systems for cars as well. BMW with 8" woofers under the seat anyone?

Eclipses are fun with a manual tranny as well. The do fun things around corners. insane

If you buy new ones though, make sure they are furniture! Or at least have some decent sized speakers. Some of the stuff sold in stores nowadays is a joke. "Bookshelves" if you need to save space at the least! None of 'em cubes on the walls!

@ thesentinel

I want a mancave. 🤘

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Awesome stuff, Sax!!! I aspire to that, my metal brother!!! 🤘 I have a "Mancave" in the basement, but no longer keep my music collection there cuz I lost about 100 cds to water damage 2 years ago. That first pic blew my mind.

That could happen to me to if my sump pump ever dies during a storm. All my CDs and stereo equipment are in the basement.

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image033

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image032

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image030

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image029

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image031

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image028

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image034

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image037

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Image036

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 pm

Holy freakin' crap! Shocked

This is my entire collection. I feel inadequate now.

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Cds11
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Man Ult, you're stressing the shelf in that sixth pic. That shelf is just begging to collapse.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:43 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Holy freakin' crap! Shocked

This is my entire collection. I feel inadequate now.

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Cds11

As you should... I have more CDs than that in my car...

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Man Ult, you're stressing the shelf in that sixth pic. That shelf is just begging to collapse.

I need my own room for all my crap. I have all sorts of autographed stuff that I want to hang up but just don't have the room for. Someday I'll have my own music room. In the meantime my wife is nice enough to allow me to keep all my crap in our bedroom.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:59 pm

R.I.P. Scott Waters 10/06/08

Scott Waters was taken from this world late this evening. It is suspected he died while removing a CD from the bottom shelf in his home. The potential systematic crash of his CD collection was predicted by many. U.S. geologists are studying seismographs and the richter scale to determine the time of death.

He is survived by his Kiss Destroyer CD, still clutched in his hands as he died.

God rest his soul.

Smile

In all seriousness, awesome collection Ult! Nice memorabilia too! And Holy Lightforce Cassette!

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 pm

R.I.P. Scott Waters 10/06/08

Scott Waters was taken from this world late this evening. It is suspected he died while removing a CD from the bottom shelf in his home. The potential systematic crash of his CD collection was predicted by many. U.S. geologists are studying seismographs and the richter scale to determine the time of death.

He is survived by his Kiss Destroyer CD, still clutched in his hands as he died.

God rest his soul.

Smile

In all seriousness, awesome collection Ult! Nice memorabilia too! And Holy Lightforce Cassette!

- Robbie

Thanks. I have a ton of memorabilia I'd love to have displayed, just don't have the room for it at the moment. Someday...sigh!

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Just build a shed out back.

Charge Admission.

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Bornagain4

This is my personal crown jewel, it hangs above my bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:17 pm

@deathcult

Shocked

- Robbie
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:32 pm

I'm constantly remined how pathetic my collection is compared to some of you guys. I only have about 900 CDs and no real place to put them. I hope one day to have a metal habitat but I have bigger fish to fry until then.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:50 am

Ult -

Ya show us one cd and it is the crappy Lifeson solo album? What are you thinking? I don't know which is worse Geddy Lee's solo or Victor! Ugh!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:37 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Where did you get that Candlemass Poster, Kurt? I sent one to Candlemass [the member here, not the band]. I hope he did not shag it off to you...

That is from Sweden Rock Magazine. I thought you were gonna comment on the Hirax pic Evil or Very Mad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 am

KMorg, can you find what you're looking for? Looks good though, I recognize a lot of the spines in your collection!

I have them sorted from A-C on one shelve, D-F on the next, and so on, for now. So I can pretty much find what I need. But I'm gonna remodel the basement when I can affort it, and then I'll make custom shelves, and have them put in alphabetical order. I also have some cool posters and whatnot to decorate with.

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:22 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm constantly remined how pathetic my collection is compared to some of you guys.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:23 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Ult -

Ya show us one cd and it is the crappy Lifeson solo album? What are you thinking? I don't know which is worse Geddy Lee's solo or Victor! Ugh!

Actually, it's just out because it hasn't been shuffled into the CD rack yet.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Ult -

C'mon, Those solo albums aren't that bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Geddy's was good...I didn't like the Victor album...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:49 pm

Quote :
I'm constantly remined how pathetic my collection is compared to some of you guys. I only have about 900 CDs and no real place to put them. I hope one day to have a metal habitat but I have bigger fish to fry until then.

I only have 300+ and I'm cool with that. I just can't allow my collection to get to out of hand.

My "man haunt" is the garage. We're going to get a shed in the backyard eventually for all the lawn and storage items and then, besides my wifes care, the garage will be all mine!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Ult, that's just sick!!! But sick in a good way!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:54 pm

I hope ult doesn't get a earthquake because his bed will become a tomb of plastic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your own personal METAL habitat
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next