Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your own personal METAL habitat

Go down 
+24
DallasBlack
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
kmorg
DeathCult
SideShowDisaSter
TheGooch
nevermore
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
krokus
sovdat
sam
ultmetal
manny
GrandNational
7thSecond
powermacho
Stender
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Your own personal METAL habitat Empty
PostSubject: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:03 pm

So, ya got any pics of the place you go - where the spouse and/or kids can't bug ya? A place where you can put on your fav album and crank it to 11? Show us!

These are some pics of my little piece of utopia. Took a long time and alot of effort, but so worth it!

corner:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom001
next wall - all customized shelving:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom002
stretches to my closet:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom008
inside closet left:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom010
inside closet right:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom011
doorway:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom006
wall of fame:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom005
closer:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom012
under the stairs area:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom007
trading/selling space:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom004
computer/desk/stereo:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom003
and back to the corner [boxsets and such]:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom009

Everyone needs a "happy place"!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Awesome, Sax!

I have no place to go to get away from the women. Sad We have a 1 bedroom apartment.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 pm

affraid Wow.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Awesome dude!!! I'm am uber jealous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Nice. I have no pictures now, as I don't have a Manland currently. =(

I really need customized shelving, though.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:32 pm

And how is your stereo?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:35 pm

No really good pictures but I have a pretty big metal cave as well. I have all of my cd's, a television, my computer, an aquarium and my mountain bike in it. Probably spend half of my time at home in it.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Mine's still developing

My Floyd poster
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00010
My KISS drawings
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00011
Zakk Wylde and David Ellefson....and a bulldog
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00012
Jimi Hendrix, Les Claypool, SRV, and Marty Friedman
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00013
My Ted Nugent and King Diamond drawings
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00014
The wall of fame
Your own personal METAL habitat Person11
My KISS mirror
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00015
my stereo
Your own personal METAL habitat Pic00016
and my tiny collection
Your own personal METAL habitat Cds10

Last edited by Schbopo on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:46 pm

I remember we had a thread like this over a year ago, because I put my photos in and I know Ult did too. I just can't find the link.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Wow!!!! I got to say Saxon that is a cool set up, I don't have any room to get away from everybody, which is too bad because sometimes I need it!!! I have 3000+ cds that are in our living room stored in this homemade selves that hold about 750 or so cds. I am not really happy with thoses and I like the custom selves that you made. Very cool.

What is amazing that I bet there are still CDS that you are searching for, I know that even at 3000 I could probably name you 3000 more I wished I owned.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Where's Waldo? I actually found the Ultimatum Fatal Delay demo on one of your shelves.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:58 pm

good lord, that's cool. I want to come over and just look around, seems like heaven.

How many cds you got sax?

Last edited by sam on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:59 pm

powermacho wrote:
And how is your stereo?

Good enough. I have 10 speakers hidden all through the room, in the ceiling, under my deak, etc. One bass on each side. So, the music sounds like it is coming from everywhere. Inescapable music of my own choice - PARADISE!

Are ya getting into art seriously, at all, Schbopo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Where's Waldo? I actually found the Ultimatum Fatal Delay demo on one of your shelves.

Yup, just arrived yesterday!! Thanks to you and Ultra for signing that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yup, just arrived yesterday!! Thanks to you and Ultra for signing that.

No problem. Didn't even know it was for you. Robert brought it to practice and asked me to sign it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:28 am

Saxon, I thought you were about to sell 90% of your collection? So what you will put on those empty shelves then? Very Happy Or is what we see there already just the remaining 10% of your stuff? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:52 am

GrandNational wrote:
I remember we had a thread like this over a year ago, because I put my photos in and I know Ult did too. I just can't find the link.

Yes, i remember too and i put my photos in it too.
SAXON1500 i love your metal room very very very much 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 5:45 am

You got as much stuff as a independent record shop. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 am

Quote :
Saxon, I thought you were about to sell 90% of your collection? So what you will put on those empty shelves then?

Easier said than done. Especially when you are a junkie and keep collecting more!

My hope is that I get down to about 2000 originals I need to have, then all the unsellable stuff, demos, cdrs, original cds with printed out covers and such will be enough keep that wall looking attractive. Then i can get rid of the rest of those bookcases and stuff and see what posters and other goodies I have buried behind there!

Auctions start again tonight with some killer THRASH!!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 am

You'll probably go after those you've sold in few years again Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:24 am

Nah, I have a 500 gb external hard drive that holds 250,000 songs. As long as I have the tunes...
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:04 pm

I hate to tell you this Sax, but I spotted a couple of CD's that were out of alphabetical order there affraid
Seriously though, that's awesome. My main sitting room upstairs is getting like that, but it's just the classic rock listening room. The other stuff is spread around the rest of the house by theme. The scary thing is that I also have a sports room like that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Holy crap Saxon!

I thought I had a lot of CDs. I had to buy a house because my CDs were pushing me out of the apartment. I need custom shelving like that; that would be cool in my basement.

Did you do the shelving yourself or hire someone to do it?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
So, ya got any pics of the place you go - where the spouse and/or kids can't bug ya? A place where you can put on your fav album and crank it to 11? Show us!

These are some pics of my little piece of utopia. Took a long time and alot of effort, but so worth it!

corner:

next wall - all customized shelving:

stretches to my closet:
Your own personal METAL habitat Musicroom008

Eh Hem.... Do I see United States Postal Services personal property in this picture? Perhaps a couple of plastic tubs? As a proud postal employee I encourage you to return those tubs to your nearest post office immediatly or I will have to take action on this matter and report you to the proper authorities. This article is because of people like you not returning the tubs. http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Business/224090/

lol! im only kidding about all of that. Nice collection though. Someday I will get to that point. I have a decent collection that my gf just seems to get so upset about. Every time she makes me mad though it just keep adding to it haha. All my stuff is in my room since I live at home. I'll try to take some pictures later.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:18 pm

I wish I had a "Metal Habitat" like that Sax... when I still lived at my parent's place my bro and I owned the basement, which was where we kept all of our vinyl/CDs/tapes/videos and other cool stuff (my comic book collection, our skin-mag "library," etc.) ... the walls were papered with metal posters and show flyers, and my old beer can collection ringed the entire room. Unfortunately I don't have the space in my current abode for a "man room" to call my own. Maybe when I win Lotto Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your own personal METAL habitat   Your own personal METAL habitat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your own personal METAL habitat
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next