Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?

Go down 
+18
powermacho
MoonChild
Invader
skullsmasher
steel warrior
sam
Thrasher73
nevermore
jstate
mc666
tohostudios
TheGooch
DeathCult
XYZ
Schbopo
manny
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Neon Knights
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap22%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 8 ]
Children of the Sea
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap19%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Lady Evil
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap3%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Heaven and Hell
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap33%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 12 ]
Wishing Well
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap0%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Die Young
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap17%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
Walk Away
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap0%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lonely is the Word
Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_lcap6%Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:33 pm

My favorite is definitely the title track. I rank the songs in this order from favorite to least favorite:
1. Heaven and Hell
2. Children of the Sea
3. Neon Knights
4. Die Young
5. Wishing Well
6. Lonely is the Word
7. Lady Evil
8. Walk Away

None of the songs are bad, even at its worst this album is "good". A classic album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:38 pm

"Children of the Sea" is my fave track on this album, my fave Dio era Sabbath track overall, and one of my favorite Dio performances ever.

Jag Panzer do a RIPPIN' cover of it on the "Holy Dio" tribute album too!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Children of the Sea, it has some of Dio's best vocal performance, the lyrics paint a picture in your head, and it is nice to hear Iommi play acoustic guitar once awhile. Personally I love the whole album and it is my favorite Black Sabbath album.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Neon f'ing Knights 🤘
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:43 pm

Heaven and Hell is my fav.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Children Of The Sea, such a great song, I particularly love Dio's vocals on that. It just edges past Neon Knights though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 pm

to me the first four tracks are amazing and the last four thracks are so so

i voted for H and H though as the best song
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:42 pm

That was hard. This is easily my favorite Sabbath album. So many good tracks.

I ended up voting Lady Evil but I could just as easily have gone with the title track, Neon Knights or Wishing Well

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:45 pm

TheGooch wrote:
to me the first four tracks are amazing and the last four thracks are so so

i voted for H and H though as the best song

So So? angry Dude go back and listen to " Lonely is the Word" especially the solo by Tony Iommi, best guitar solo Iommi ever laid down. You will change your mind when you listen to that song, also great lyrics by Dio and killer bassline from Geezer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Neon Knights

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Went with Children of the Sea for the same reasons the others did.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Children Of The Sea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Voted for Lonely Is The Word. Iommi's single best recorded performance, anytime someone tries to dismiss Iommi's talent that's the song I play for them.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:06 pm

I voted for the title track but it could have easily been Neon Knights or Children of the Sea.Great Album!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:06 pm

detuned wrote:
Voted for Lonely Is The Word. Iommi's single best recorded performance, anytime someone tries to dismiss Iommi's talent that's the song I play for them.

Good point. I never really thought of Iommi as a technically proficient guitar player, but this song proved me wrong. Great choice. 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:39 pm

heaven or hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:04 am

Heaven and Hell
Die Young
Neon Knights
Wishing Well
Children of the Sea
Lonely is the Word
Lady Evil
Walk Away
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:09 am

I have a hard time picking a single song off of this album I chose Die Young but it could have been any one of them they are as good as it gets in my opinion. Killer album!!!
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:34 am

Hard to choose as I like all of the songs on this album, but I voted for "Lonely Is The Word".
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 am

Somebody added a Black Sabbath avatar to my profile, who ever did this for me, Thanks, I am very pleased since I am major Black Sabbath fanboy.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:09 am

manny wrote:
Somebody added a Black Sabbath avatar to my profile, who ever did this for me, Thanks, I am very pleased since I am major Black Sabbath fanboy.

Kinda like the time I put up an anti-New England Patriots sig, and the next day it was an "I like emo and pop music" sig. I think we're missin' a check or balance somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:05 pm

xyz wrote:
Kinda like the time I put up an anti-New England Patriots sig, and the next day it was an "I like emo and pop music" sig. I think we're missin' a check or balance somewhere.

Definitely a balance. We don't need no checks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:15 pm

I don't mind I am a Black Sabbath fan i thought it was cool.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:32 am

Die Young
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:59 am

it is hard . there are no duds. But Die Young was my pick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell?   Favorite song off of Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next