Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)

Go down 
+42
Required Fields
candlemass
scottmitchell74
Stender
Motorsud
TheGooch
criss3o
rattpoison
Addy
biddle
mc666
QuothTheRaven
metalmaniac122
EvyMetal
spiritoradio
nevermore
Lurideath
MoonChild
ghost
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
skullsmasher
powermacho
the sentinel
XYZ
akeldama
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Olafsto
Follower of Jesus
Invader
sam
Damien Solta
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
Schbopo
manny
ultmetal
krokus
MetalRob331
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:40 am

Black Sabbath-6
Megadeth-5
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:54 am

Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minipostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game!! Dio Vs Metal Church Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:40 pmAlbum Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Quote_en

Black Sabbath-7
Megadeth-5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Black Sabbath-7
Megadeth-6

Weird mix, I think some parameters need to be set in place.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Nazgul wrote:
Black Sabbath-7
Megadeth-6

Weird mix, I think some parameters need to be set in place.

I agree, I felt the same way about Dio and Metal Church
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:22 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
This is the the thing I was little worried about. It was one thing to compare albums like that of Bonded By Blood and Master of Puppets, but these albums are nearly 20 years removed. Maybe their was a little more work regarding my tournament consisting of the year 1984, but those albums stacked up better against each other.

Comparing albums that are 20 years apart, is like asking if the Lakers team of the 80's could beat this years champion in the Celtics. It's too hard to pit albums of different generations against each other, just like it is with sports teams.

See this is what you get when people don't bother to show courtesy, If you remember the thread title I had, up to yesterday it was "'80's albums", now I (YES I) decided to choose 16 albums (read the first thread) for 8 battles, and the winners go through to the next round and so on until we get an over all winner from the initial 16 albums, but of course stupidy take control and fooks that up, so all you get is "my turn now". So to be truthful I'm not gonna fookin' bother any more, just do your own thing and leave me out of it.

and if any mods are wondering about this statement from me & why I'm annoyed, you guys knew there was a thread posted elsewhere that I had asked you's to update the battles if one album arrived at 10points before I returned.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 3:53 pm

After endless rounds of useless games, we finally get a good one, and just because people don`t bother to read what it`s about, the whole thing is of to hell...
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Black Sabbath - 7
Megadeth - 7

Let's just finish this one, and get back on track with the next one. All is not lost!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:41 pm

I agree it suppose to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:12 pm

My bad. I was reminded of the Rainbow vs. Testament thread and this came up.
Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Grusskarte_sorry Sad

Last edited by Schbopo on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Black Sabbath - 8
Megadeth - 7
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Sabbath - 9

Megadeth - 7
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Okay, to end this.

Sabbath-10
Deth-7

Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:11 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Okay, to end this.

Sabbath-10
Deth-7

Sorry about that.

Don't feel bad.

In retrospect, I understand Lockey's annoyance but if I had just given the original post a cursory read, I might have misconstrued the original intent of this game too.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:58 pm

Lockey better come back or i'll have to do it lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 41084t10Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 414eqc10

Ha!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:03 am

So which is the next one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:31 am

tohostudios wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Okay, to end this.

Sabbath-10
Deth-7

Sorry about that.

Don't feel bad.

In retrospect, I understand Lockey's annoyance but if I had just given the original post a cursory read, I might have misconstrued the original intent of this game too.

You know I wasn't trying to be selfish here, but like Olafsto stated recently, we've had so many games that failed that I just attemped to see if this would work, that's why I picked the 16 albums to play so that we could see how it work out, I know people here like bands like Black Sabbath ect.... and them bands were not in the original 16, but if this went well I was hoping that we could then get submissions from the members here for different battles like, '70's albums, '90's albums, even battles for the different Genre's, so then all the members could recommend their albums and we'd take it from there.

Last edited by Locky on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:33 am

ok I'll try this once more.

Round 3/8 (first to 10 Points)

Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Iron_m10

Vs

Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What

Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Megade10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:47 am

Iron Maiden - 1
Megadeth - 0

Eddie eats Vic for dinner, film at 11.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 8:09 am

I predict a landslide on this one

Maiden-2
Megadeth-0
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:20 am

thrasher73 wrote:

Maiden-3
Megadeth-0
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 am

Maiden-4
Megadeth-0
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:01 am

Maiden - 5
Megadeth - 0
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:17 am

maiden - 6
megadeth - 0
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 am

Iron Maiden-7
Megadeth-0

Man, I love both bands but it is hard to compete with Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)   Album Elimination Game!  Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Elimination Game! Dream Theater vs. Symphony X (VOTE NOW)
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next