Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD

Go down 
+11
Stender
dmitriyk2007
Gilbert
chucksteak
zombiewalkin
sam
sovdat
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
DeathCult
Velvet Creation
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
VikthorH
Metal novice
Metal novice
VikthorH

Number of posts : 9

Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: RAZOR Shotgun Justice   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 3:35 pm

I got a bootleg copy of Shotgun Justice, it sounds and looks fine.
Also I prefer the bootleg version of Raging Steel by DEATHROW over the Displeased Records version, the sound is richer in the bootleg than on the reissue, and also Displeased messed up the tracks cause "Scattered by the Wind" spreads over track 3 and 4.
Back to top Go down
dmitriyk2007
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 pm

All depends of your aim. If you want good sound, then you may have boot of Shotgun Justice or other CD and be happy. Original and boot sounds almost identically or identically. If you want to have real thing, which is 20 years old you must to pay big money. Every metalhead choose own way and this is normal. I may to say, that when I hold in my hands such original CDs as Angel dust - into hte dark past, Exumer - Possessed by fire, Razor - Shotgun Jusice, Accuser - Who dominates who? etc. I sense something inexplicable. Seems I return in to 80's.

About Deathrow. Buddy, if you will play boot Raging steel through sensitive and power acoustic sistem ($1000+), when you will listen many sound defects and the main from them - CD is a digitally remastered cassette!!!!!! Many small sound dawnfalls (for example at the end of 1 track). Displeased CD Raging stell plays better and absolutly smooth. Howewer, I think that boot Riders of doom plays a little better, than Displeased CD (it has essential click, boot plays smooth).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:29 pm

dmitriyk2007 wrote:
However I speak English better, than every metalhead on this forum speak Russian.

Da! No doubt!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: SHotgun Justice   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am

Bootlegs of "Shotgun Justice" do exist. I know because I have one. I know that it's a bootleg because I know what the Fringe Products version should look like, and my bootleg has subtle differences. Inserts look printed from a high quality inkjet. The cd is silver backed, but looks like a cdr and not pressed. I think the version I have was home made. Very well done though.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:53 am

I had the first pressing on Fringe and don't remember a matrix/upc code on the back plate.
I could be wrong, but that was one of the things I noticed about their pressings.

Many import vinyl records/cds from Europe that were sold by the Record Peddler from Europe had maybe a tiny white box with like 4 or 5 numbers and letters/ no bars,and usually were stuck on for inventory.

I'm just guessing the owner Ben Hoffman (store and label) didn't care enough at the start to get involved with that, as he was probably a gigantic music collector himself and would hate anything ruining the back cover of an album.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:56 am

if you REALLY want an original copy, watch "recpd" or "recped" from Toronto,canada on ebay,
those copies are from what was left in the warehouse..

he asks high prices I think , like $50 or $80 for that kind of stuff, ie, Sacrifice vinyl orig pressing, etc
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 am

I bought mine for 7 bucks back in 2007 and I checked, it is original. The production blows, however. If "Shotgun Justice" gets re-issued will the price for the original take a dive?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I haven't seen recped selling that one in the past yet. Bought my first copy on ebay 3 years ago from Canadian seller, but it turned out to be a bootleg (which can still sell for $100+, and they exist since mid 90s!).

Original matrix goes: 708/ FDP3094 DISQUE AMERIC CANADA

Bootleg #1: FPD3094 (= Fringe copy that looks exactly like it)
Bootleg #2: vegascds "import" (= home made cdr)

There might be more boots around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD   Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about RAZOR - SHOTGUN JUSTICE CD
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4