Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?

Go down 
+8
TheGooch
FATALITY
Troublezone
skullsmasher
Todd Jaymz
manny
GrandNational
MetalRob331
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Empty
PostSubject: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 pm

This is a long shot here but i think this album rocks. Much better then what the Korn guys are putting out and this video Flush is pretty weird and crazy. This song has a Type o Negative feel to it near the middle.

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Not my cup of tea. I guess I'm not a depressed kind of guy to enjoy this type of music.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm

I am a Korn fan but I am not sure what to think of this yet, not much buzz surrounding this release, I have to hear a few more songs before I make up my mind about it, but so far it isn'tbad.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:16 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Not my cup of tea. I guess I'm not a depressed kind of guy to enjoy this type of music.

im as upbeat as they get if its good its good, i dont listen to the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:18 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

im as upbeat as they get if its good its good, i dont listen to the lyrics.

It's not so much the lyrics but the over-all feel of the music for me. It's a bit slow and has a cold feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:26 pm

A bit too Nu Metal for me-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:34 pm

Not a fan of koRn, not interested in this guy, but hats off to him for turning his life around...
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 am

I 've listened to it a couple times, to be honest it kind went into background mode for me. I don't dislike it but it really didn't jump out and make want to play it over and over. It will go on the shelf at my house and if and when someone asks me about it I will probably answer " You know, I really don't know. Let's listen to it" Then after after a few minutes it will go back into the background sounds and get put on the shelf again. This really isn't fair of me but it is the truth.

My 14 year old son is really liking it though, so I think a lot of it has to do with age and where we are at musically. My heart still resides with the 80s type vibe more than this newer type of metal
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:19 am

What i've heard just bores me. He should of tried to do something a little different than rehashed Korn music. He left the band and had an opportunity to branch out musically but chose to do the same old tired style. I thought he was going to dislpay some guitar solos because he said in his book that he was into 80's metal growing up and even Dimbag tried to push him to play too. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:48 am

seen him doing solos before, i think he should actually put some in cus he's not bad
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm

dont care for it really
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Haven't heard it but I did read the guys book.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:34 pm

IMO Head made Korn and when he left Munky just couldnt cut it. Head has the style and the trademark Korn riffs.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm

It's not amazing, but the video was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:14 pm

I will forever hate anything Korn related because that damn band gave me a migraine and made me miss a lot of the KMFDM set when I saw them.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:26 pm

KORN was very awesome when i seen them live and very very loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 pm

TheGooch wrote:
dont care for it really
i.e. haven't heard, just want to fit in.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:33 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
KORN was very awesome when i seen them live and very very loud.

They were very, very loud but the only thing I could hear was thumping bass. Just a horrible mix; the vox were completely lost which in the case of Korn would normally be a good thing but that constant THUMP, THUMP, THUMPPITY, THUMP just gave me an awful headache.

Why the hell Korn was even on this bill I'll never understand. God Lives Underwater opened, followed by Korn then KMFDM. What was Korn doing on an otherwise industrial bill? I have no idea but they totally ruined it and earned my undying hatred. I never liked their crap to begin with but to make me miss most of KMFDM's set on the Nihil tour is unforgivable.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:54 pm

I have a few God Lives Underwater cds funny how you mention them
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:01 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I have a few God Lives Underwater cds funny how you mention them

Yeah, don't know what ever happened to them. I thought they had a unique sound on the industrial scene

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 pm

I was expecting him go sound very different from what he used to play with Korn. EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? 37951:
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
dont care for it really
i.e. haven't heard, just want to fit in.

whatever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?   EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EX Korn guitar players debut cd anyone?
Page 1 of 1