Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?

Go down 
+17
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Glower
MoonChild
Thrasher73
Thelemech
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
journeyman
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
chewie
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which group of Guitar Players, do you prefer?
A. Vito Bratta, Nuno Bettencourt, and Warren DeMartini
Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_lcap4%Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
B. EVH, Randy Rhoads, and Tony Iommi
Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_lcap86%Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 86% [ 24 ]
C. Jeff Loomis, John Petrucci, and Marty Friedman
Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_lcap7%Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
D. Hendrix, SRV, and Billy Gibbons
Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_lcap3%Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
E. Dimebag, Slash, and Synyster Gates
Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_lcap0%Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 2:20 pm

I've always wondered which players I like more.  Well let's see what you guys think...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm

If I have to choose by your groupings, I guess I'll go with Eddie, Randy and Tony. Those 3 seem to be the most diverse and imaginative.

If I could pick and choose, I'd group EVH, Slash and Stevie Ray I guess.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Group B , I guess, but all are very talented players (admittedly, I had no idea who "Synyster Gates" was until I looked him up).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Yea, at the risk of sounding like an old man, I didn't know what a Synyster Gates was either. Some sort of evil fencing for keeping kids off the lawn I suppose. Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? 387733

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm

I went with group D because of JH and SRV. Their sense of rhythm and lead work (even while singing) is outstanding.

Now did you group those three on purpose because of their trio configuration?

It was a tough choice between groups B & D.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 pm

B just happens to be my three favorite metal guitarists.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:35 pm

Hey! I am in the majority for once!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:45 pm

I grouped these based on different areas..

A. I grouped, because the 80's early 90's hard rock/metal guitar tone is my favorite and those guys had some killer chops and charisma

B. I grouped these because they were very influential to so many players when they arrived on the scene.

C. Some of my favorite metal guitar players. These guys also happen to play some insane leads!

D. The BLUES TRIO

E. These 3 are very similar, yet extremely different. I went with the effect these Guitar Players had on the younger generation.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:46 pm

I also picked Group A!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 6:31 pm

My favorite trio would have Uli instead of EVH but other than that I went B
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 pm

EVH all the way. I would have group b as EVH, Hendrix, Page
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:03 pm

I went with B group. But my fave group would be Satriani, Lynch, and Guilbert. You know who is seriously underrated? Paul Quinn. Dude is solid! It's cool that you explained the reasons behind the groupings. Rock on good sir.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:32 pm

I gotta go with group B.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Randy and tony are simply the best ever, so I voted B.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:16 am

EVH, Randy Rhoads, and Tony Iommi
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:47 am

Looks like group B is gonna take this.I voted B by the way!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 2:36 am

Group B definitely.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 6:50 am

Come on. We're talking blazing - shooting star - metal innovators !
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:38 am

If Group A had (Jake E. Lee, George Lynch & Warren DeMartini), I would have really struggled with this one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 am

Group B easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 am

F. Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Robin Trower, Robert Fripp, David Gilmour Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:04 pm

With this group, it was obvious that B would win. I was surprised at the lack of Page.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
With this group, it was obvious that B would win. I was surprised at the lack of Page.

More to come Smile
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, at the risk of sounding like an old man, I didn't know what a Synyster Gates was either. Some sort of evil fencing for keeping kids off the lawn I suppose. Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? 387733

Ditto, never heard of the guy. He is a guy, right? I was thinking it might be a good oddball name for a racing horse.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:14 pm

Group B. Followed closely by the group with Nuno Bettencourt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?   Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which of these Guitar Players, do you prefer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next