Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?

Go down 
+4
akeldama
thejokeriv
MetalRob331
Glenn Rogers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 pm

My all time favorite set up was my Marshall 72 50watt head with my 4x12 w 75 watt Celestions, and Fender 40th ana,,Strat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:57 pm

I've never had the finances to explore amps.. I've always played on Line 6 amps... As far as guitars go, I swear by Ibanez as I love the versatility of the guitar.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm

I don't play out, but if I did I would start to explore better amps (which I am sure I will soon enough.....)

Right now, I have a Jackson Soloist and a Line 6 Spider IV 75 (with the FBV express.) Really want to upgrade the amp one of these days (once I save up enough cash) and put together everything I want. The Line 6 stuff gives you a ton of sounds for the cash.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 pm

I only have a small practice amp currently, if I had the finances I'd get one of these...

Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? SMG_Orange_AD30
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
I only have a small practice amp currently, if I had the finances I'd get one of these...

Great choice Smile
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:24 pm

S.D. wrote:

No argument from me whatsoever, my 8 strings sound great through an Orange and so does my Strat and my Steinberger Synapse.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:09 pm

I like the sound i'm getting from my Jackson guitar and this VOX valvetronics 20+ watt combo amp. The amp is a fusion of tube and modeling, so it has a lot of different sounds and fx built into it. What really sets it apart from other inexpensive budget amps is that it is the only one that gives a real tube amp sound (because it is actually part tube). Everything else in the same price range is digital / solid state.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 pm

I have a Peavey HP Special and an ESP 7-string through either an old 60-watt Peavey Triumph 60 hybrid combo with a Black Widow 12 in it or a newer Peavey ValveKing Royal 8 5-watt tube amp.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:14 am

I've got an EVH 5150III 50w combo which is made by Fender. The perfect practice amp. 2x12, all tube, 3 channel. 7 12AX7 in the pre amp and 2 6L6 on the power amp. The best feature is the ability to adjust from 50 all the way down to 1 watt and anywhere in between. The clean channel is so freakin beautiful and channel 2 (crunch) is where all the magic is. Channel 3 is lead and it has so much power and tone. Not many amps have this tone and/or feature set at this price point. I can dial up the tone I what at a volume my neighbors can tolerate without compromise. You lose nothing by dropping the wattage, cause all the magic has already happened. I like to play jazz, blues, rock and metal and with this amp, I can do just that. An all tube amp. This amp will handle anything I can throw at it. This is perfect for what I do. Of coarse this probably isn't the best amp out there, but at this price, build quality and tone there really isn't any competition. I like lots of different amps out there and would buy quite a few if I could. Did I mention that it has 3 separate channels with fully adjustable eq and presence. switching between channels is flawless, no loss, no breaks.

I ordered it in black and it came white. I called them up and told them and they were going to send me a replacement and I just looked at it and said, no, don't bother, I'll keep it, just drop 50 bucks off for the screw up. Now, I'm glad it's white. I've grown to really like it.

Before you buy go and check out the 5150III combo and play it side by side an orange, cornford, marshall, boogie, vht, matchless or fender of similar specs and you'll see. That's what I did, and it was clear. I don't really dig any of the digital stuff, so that wasn't even a consideration.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:32 am

my guitar is a Charvel San Dimas leftover from the namm show last year. It's white with two humbuckers (both Seymour Duncan, but I can't remember the models. My guess would be a 59 and JB). It had to be sold as a used guitar and the price was right, so I grabbed it. It has a floating Floyd and is white. I bought it because of the neck, maple unfinished with jumbo stainless compound radius. Just like I remember them. awesome. This has turned into my main practice guitar. So many out there I want, but this will do for now. I tend to favor stats with humbuckers(singles are cool too), no locking trem and a killer maple neck(always unfinished). Lots to choose from. maybe a LP or PRS for those times I'm feelin it. I have my eye on the new Guthrie Goven model Charvel just announced. The EVH wolfgang is also a nice guitar.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:42 am

Oh yeah, effects I currently use are MXR phase 90, flanger, and stereo chorus. TC electronics flashback with a polytune at the front. I'm thinking of either adding or replacing the flashback with an MXR carbon copy. The flashback replaced a boss dd-3 delay recently. No need for distortion, overdrive with my amp.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 am

Fender dynatouch amp
Marshall  dsl
Fender stratocaster
Charvel san dimas
Boss chorus..dod metal x..mxr delay...hush noise reduction
This setup gives me a sweet and full 80s metal sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:03 am

I've had the same guitar since 1998:

1979 Gibson Explorer E2

Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? 2013-08-06215313_zpsb2040290
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 am

Just moved and most of my stuff is still in boxes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?   Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitar Players whats your favorite guitar amp combo?
Page 1 of 1