Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Empty
PostSubject: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:58 am

This is the best live dvd they have done so far. Their performace is well executed and a good mix of old and newer songs. The dvd i bought has a bonus cd with the same songs that are on the dvd. The recording is raw but clear and there are no overdubs making it a "real" live recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TciVG6Rlz9U

Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd 61xI3nzehaL._SS500_

Last edited by troublezone on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 am

I love F&J and their previous DVDs leave something to be desired. I'm glad this one is better produced. I need to check it out. BTW, in the Swatting at Flies clip, Eric AK is looking a bit like Scott Waters, minus the in shape part. Smile

Now if the guys would just produce a new album!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:09 am

spectrefate wrote:
I love F&J and their previous DVDs leave something to be desired. I'm glad this one is better produced. I need to check it out. BTW, in the Swatting at Flies clip, Eric AK is looking a bit like Scott Waters, minus the in shape part. Smile

They're working on one as we speak.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 am

Is this available as a cd only or do you have to get the dvd as well? I'd listen to a live cd, but I don't have time or desire to watch a dvd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd listen to a live cd, but I don't have time or desire to watch a dvd.

For what it's worth, I'm the exact opposite.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd listen to a live cd, but I don't have time or desire to watch a dvd.

For what it's worth, I'm the exact opposite.

Spoken by a man without youngn's. Our dvd player is on permantent loop of Baby Einstein for the next 2-3 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Our dvd player is on permantent loop of Baby Einstein for the next 2-3 years.

lol! I'm sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:15 am

troublezone wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

They're working on one as we speak.
I hope it's better then the last two. I've got My God and Dreams of Death and don't care for either one very much. Now I loved the first two and consider both of them classics. I haven't heard any of the albums after the first two and before My God. Are they worth checking out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:17 am

"When The Storm Comes Down" is my personal favorite but alot of people don't care for it much. At least check out "Cuatro". That is a unsung classic, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is this available as a cd only or do you have to get the dvd as well? I'd listen to a live cd, but I don't have time or desire to watch a dvd.

Mine came as a cd/dvd combo in a jewel case. Here's a good description of the product...

Product Description
One of the legendary bands of the thrash-metal scene, Flotsam and Jetsam, perform live in this concert which was recorded and filmed last year in Poland in front of thousands of screaming Flotsam fans. The two disc set (CD/DVD) includes the band s classics such as, No Place For Disgrace , Doomsday For The Deceiver and Escape From Within . Flotsam and Jetsam has become a staple over the years within thrash metal circles.The band was formed in Arizona by vocalist Eric A. K., guitarists Michael Gilbert and Edward Carlson, bassist Jason Newsted, and drummer Kelly David-Smith. After signing with Metal Blade Records, they recorded their rough, but ambitious 1986 debut, Doomsday for the Deceiver , which displayed a huge Metallica influence. Ironically, the metal giants would soon recruit Newsted to replace bassist Cliff Burton, who had died in a tragic tour bus crash. In another strange twist, Flotsam and Jetsam then signed with Metallica's label Elektra, for whom they recorded their second album, 1988's No Place for Disgrace." Flotsam supported the record by touring North America relentlessly. Switching to MCA, the band issued three more albums (1990's When the Storm Comes Down ),1992's Cuatro , and 1995's Drift ) The band went back to Metal Blade for three more albums before releasing Dreams Of Death (Crash Music) in 2005.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25943

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:28 pm

I have a friend who bought this and loves it. I haven't had a chance to see it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:16 pm

I need to see this one. I enjoyed the other two DVDs but they were a tad lacking IMHO.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:49 pm

I listened to the cd. Havent had a chance to watch the dvd yet but the cd is actually very good. I wasnt sure what to expect since their last album was ok but produced horribly. Thankfully this one has a good sound and good choice in songs except forkboy.

Cuatro is definetly one to pick up!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Are the cd and the dvd of the same show? Is there any difference in the track listings or anything ommitted between the 2?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:25 pm

both are the same the dvd just has interviews, discography etc...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Are the cd and the dvd of the same show? Is there any difference in the track listings or anything ommitted between the 2?

Quote :
The dvd i bought has a bonus cd with the same songs that are on the dvd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd   Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam "once in a deathtime" dvd
Page 1 of 1