Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Impellitteri

Go down 
+14
the sentinel
Lari
Gilbert
bassman
Shawn Of Fire
sam
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
exact33
nevermore
powermacho
scottmitchell74
manny
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Impellitteri - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Lari wrote:
http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=33924

Impellitteri have completed recording and mixing their new record and have 10 new original songs and two remakes: Black Sabbath's "Symptom Of The Universe" and Andrew lloyd Weber's The Phantom of the Opera.

Okay, I guess cover songs are better than no songs, but it's been a long enough while to expect a full disc of original tunes. Then again, 10 new songs, I guess it's a good number either way. I can just think of the covers as bonus tracks...

The album is out.

Impellitteri - Page 3 81pOu3lDOCL._SY355_

Official videos:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Those sound good. I like that charged up Sabbath cover.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 4:08 pm

That first original video doesn't strike me as hard as "Face the Enemy" from the previous album did.

I like how they probably sell albums in the hundreds, but still record videos. They had like four music videos for the previous record. I like those. Same set, a no-frills lively energetic band performance, good music. Very enjoyable and adds value to fans of their new music.

Then again, they probably sell in the tens of thousands in Japan / Europe.

Either way, I am looking forward to having this disc in my hands. Should arrive Monday. I love Impellitteri. I will post first impressions as soon as I have it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 4:09 pm

It's really good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm

I like the Sabbath cover. No point doing it exactly like the original.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Great album except the Sabbath cover. That pissed me off and still pisses me off. WHY do a Sabbath cover anyway? Not done right, too much guitar wank, the drums are not right and the overall feel of the song is nonexistent. Uggghhhhh!

Bands need to STOP doing Sabbath covers of the Ozzy era. Seriously!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Will include this one on my next order.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:
too much guitar wank
lol!
It's Chris Impellitteri. What did you expect? A tactful bluesy rendition?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Oh, man. I forgot this was coming out soon. I like it (and the Sabbath cover as I love it when bands do it their own way) as I pretty much like/ love all Impellitteri albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 5:51 am

The hype piece for this album is a little overblown:

The band is on fire with their musical acrobatics, addictive riffs, shredding guitar solos, speed metal drumming, bad ass bass playing, and vocals reminiscent of Dio, Dickinson, Pavarotti, and Halford in their prime, all embedded in great songs!

With so many great metal bands fading away into the sunset, Impellitteri continue to carry the torch for guitar driven heavy metal that feature powerful operatic vocals, anthem style choruses, and brilliant musicianship. Chris Impellitteri's guitar playing is majestic. His fretboard wizardry is astonishing, fierce, and influential. All the while Rob Rock's vocal performance is sensational and proves he is one of the most versatile vocalists in metal today. The rhythm section featuring the monstrous bass playing from James Pulli and the bands mind boggling drumming and percussion team create a musical groove that is addictive!

On 'The Nature Of The Beast' Impellitteri shine on songs like the Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde inspired original song 'Do You Think I'm Mad', the Maiden influenced 'Run For Your Life', the highly energetic remake of Black Sabbath's 'Symptoms Of The Universe', the lunacy of 'Gates Of Hell', the addictive riff of 'Hypocrisy', and the speed metal cover of 'Phantom Of The Opera'.

There are 10 new original songs and two covers on this album that take the listener on a musical adventure. Impellitteri recorded the album in Los Angeles, California with Legendary engineer/producer Mike Plotnikoff (Van Halen, Aerosmith, In Flames), mixing engineer Greg Reely (Overkill, Fear Factory) and engineers Jun Murakawa and Sean Shannon.

The band recorded this new record in a grand fashion using major studios with large tracking rooms and vintage analog equipment to capture the bands live musical energy and performance! The band members including guitarist Chris Impellitteri, Vocalist Rob Rock, Bassist James Pulli, and drummers/percussionists Jon Dette and Phil T worked tirelessly, writing, rehearsing, and performing in and out of the studio for over a year to create this new record!

Among the first reviews, there is also this that does not tone down the hype at all:

http://battlehelm.com/reviews/impellitteri-the-nature-of-the-beast/

Spoiler:

I don't even know if that's a real review anymore, just seems like another promo. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:43 am

I like Imp but can only handle them in small doses. I actually like the Bonnet album best, seemed to have something more then just guitar wank.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I like Imp but can only handle them in small doses. I actually like the Bonnet album best, seemed to have something more then just guitar wank.
Which Bonnet album?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Stand In Line. I forget he did System X.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 am

Lurideath wrote:

They're gonna keep doing them just to piss you off. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 3:16 am

It's a waste of Rob Rock's talents to sing an Ozzy tune.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 3:40 am

I ordered my copy.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

They're gonna keep doing them just to piss you off.   Razz

HAHHAHA I know man. It drives me nuts though. I really try to like the covers but I guess I just hate them. I get it that it is "their" version, but they could have not done it and I wouldn't get irritated! HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Dio, Dickinson, Pavarotti, and Halford

One of these things is not like the other. I know not all of my Metal brothers here are from the same country as me, so I apologize in advance if you don't get my kid's show reference.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 am

Got it.

Impellitteri - Page 3 Nature-of-Brandon-Saad

It's too cold to golf. At least I now have something to do for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 12:13 pm

I am waiting for my copy. Takes time to reach my shores. Still summer here ☀.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I am waiting for my copy. Takes time to reach my shores. Still summer here ☀.
I woke up to about 4C (39F). I've decided to hit the links Sunday anyway. It's going to be about 6.5C (about 44F).

I've spun the first 6 tracks of the CD three times now, and I like it. But I know it always takes a few more spins to truly appreciate the nuances of the guitar work on an Impellitteri album, so I'll hold on a little longer to rank it.

No single track that matches the likes of Face the Enemy or Garden of Eden yet (from the previous two albums).

I've yet to play the "side B", or the last six tracks.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 pm

And my favourite tracks so far are Gates of Hell & Masquerade. Especially the former is awesome and Rob Rock sounds great. He has great pipes, but also that gravitas in his voice. Doesn't matter what lyrics he sings, you just know he means business. You read the booklet, roll your eyes and act like "yeah, right", but then you hit play and Rob grabs you by the ear and makes it all seem very serious.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 pm

I bought a copy of the bay earlier but it's gonna be a week or two til it gets here. I have a few other things to tide me over til then. I have a couple of packages to pick up at my parent's house tomorrow and I picked up my layaway from the local shop.

Btw, Lari, where do you live? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Finland 🇫🇮 if i am not mistaken. Right Lari?

I will spin some Impellitteri this weekend 🤘.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 2:37 am

the sentinel wrote:
I bought a copy of the bay earlier but it's gonna be a week or two til it gets here. I have a few other things to tide me over til then. I have a couple of packages to pick up at my parent's house tomorrow and I picked up my layaway from the local shop.

Btw, Lari, where do you live? Just curious.
Helsinki, Finland. One of the more metal locations on the world map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri   Impellitteri - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next