Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
exact33
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Empty
PostSubject: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Haven't broke this our for awhile and I like it more then I remember. This one got panned a lot and it wasn't Rob but the singer holds his own. Anyone else like it and where would it rate?
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Very Strong songwriting, I really didn't mind at all not hearing Rob's voice, that makes up for it
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Don't have it but it's been on my want-list since it's been released. I've heard some songs from it here and there and thought they sounded pretty good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:49 pm

its kinda meh to my ears. I thought the singer was ok but nothing special.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I reviewed this one for Detritus years back. Thought it was pretty meh. A couple of good tracks and a whole lotta filler. That song "Punk" where they dissed on rap-metal and Fred Durst was cringeworthy.

The album cover was godawful too. Still can't believe it was by Derek (Iron Maiden) Riggs. It looked like he hacked it out on a Mac in half an hour.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I reviewed this one for Detritus years back. Thought it was pretty meh. A couple of good tracks and a whole lotta filler. That song "Punk" where they dissed on rap-metal and Fred Durst was cringeworthy.

The album cover was godawful too. Still can't believe it was by Derek (Iron Maiden) Riggs. It looked like he hacked it out on a Mac in half an hour.

I agree about the cover, especially after some of the covers they have had in the past - although to be fair Grin and Bear It is pretty dumb...

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:24 pm

I liked it, even the song Punk. Not a five star album but worth a spin from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Punk was funny once and then you don't want to hear it anymore.

Quote :

Didn't know that, it was pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

That about sums it up for me as well. Had it for a brief time, then sent it packing.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I do like it, although a good chunk of the riffs on it feel so similar to others (Cough* Propaganda Mind*cough) it feels kind of funny. Still good though

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm not hearing much in similarity and that ach gets annoying.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 pm

I've vouched for this one in the past. I love Pedal to the Metal. It might actually be my favorite overall Impellitteri, and I'm a huge Rob Rock fanboy. I don't know, I just like it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

I've learned that's all that matters. Unless you like My Chemical Romance, then you have issues.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:05 am

Good album. haven't played it in a long time.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That song "Punk" where they dissed on rap-metal and Fred Durst was cringeworthy.

Yeah that song sucks donkey balls for sure and agree about the cover as well. This is by far their worst IMO. My favourite might be System X, lots of catchy songs and kickass performance by Bonnet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri   Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pedal to the Metal-Impellitteri
Page 1 of 1