Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic

Go down 
+22
akeldama
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Tall Tyrion
FATALITY
UltraMagnus007
Follower of Jesus
Velvet Creation
Troublezone
stormspell
Metal Misfit
TheGooch
XYZ
the sentinel
INVADERS
ultmetal
Schbopo
sam
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
mc666
fingers
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:53 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
So bored of these endless Megadeth Metallica comparisons. You just cannot compare these albums. One is from a band who has consistantly put out strong records, had nothing to prove and was released over a year ago and the other was released by a band who so badly needed a strong album almost their very career practically depended on it.
obviously not bored enough with them to refrain from throwing your 2 cents in.

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:01 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
and the other was released by a band who so badly needed a strong album almost their very career practically depended on it.

..and I don't think United Abominations was strong enough to put them over the top.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:08 pm

I like 'em both. 🤘

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 pm

they are two very different bands now, as they pretty much always have been, metallica seem to have just thought long songs are epic or something cus they are just long metal songs, not full on progressive songs like fade to black and the unforgiven, united abominations was spoilt for me by the lyrics, sleepwalker is great but when it gets to stuff like Hey, Jihad Joe? sorta puts me off, but still both great albums
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:19 pm

FATALITY wrote:
they are two very different bands now, as they pretty much always have been, metallica seem to have just thought long songs are epic or something cus they are just long metal songs, not full on progressive songs like fade to black and the unforgiven, united abominations was spoilt for me by the lyrics, sleepwalker is great but when it gets to stuff like Hey, Jihad Joe? sorta puts me off, but still both great albums

I'd liked the jihad joe lyrics, they gave me many laughs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
and the other was released by a band who so badly needed a strong album almost their very career practically depended on it.

..and I don't think United Abominations was strong enough to put them over the top.

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 19976

Dave rulez and Larz DROOLZ!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:01 pm

FATALITY wrote:
Hey, Jihad Joe?

I'm sure a Jihad guy named Joe got really paranoid that day.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 pm

sam wrote:

I'd liked the jihad joe lyrics, they gave me many laughs

lol! Yeah, that was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:39 am

Schbopo wrote:
FATALITY wrote:
Hey, Jihad Joe?

I'm sure a Jihad guy named Joe got really paranoid that day.

haha
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:15 pm

United Abominations by far over Death Magnetic. I dislike both albums, but I dislike Death Magnetic much more. I think Death Magnetic is a horrible horrible album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I listened to both back to back this morning. I actually think I prefer Megadeth over the new Metallica. The new Metallica has some decent riffs and such, but overall the songs aren't put together as well. Also, Dave gives a stronger vocal performance.

However, as I stated above, I like 'em both.

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Quote :
but overall the songs aren't put together as well

And you can't argue with that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Love both but I will give the nod to Megadeth on this. DM is a great return to form and I love having my first metal band back. However, many of the songs are too long and the drums are pretty distracting. UA's songs are the right length and the sound is much better than DM. But as Ult said:

Quote :
I like 'em both. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:15 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:44 pm

UA is a hell of a lot better but then again Megadeth is my fave. I think DM is a great album too I just think it sounds a little cut and paste and Kirk's solos are the same one's he's been doing since RTL.
A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) and The Unforgiven III are both unnecessary IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:49 pm

I prefer United Abominations
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:09 pm

I have not been a huge Megadeth fan since there last cd that i enjoyed Cryptic Writings. There songs have seen to lack that hook that draws me in.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:53 am

akeldama wrote:
UA is a hell of a lot better but then again Megadeth is my fave. I think DM is a great album too I just think it sounds a little cut and paste and Kirk's solos are the same one's he's been doing since RTL.
A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) and The Unforgiven III are both unnecessary IMO.

tout and unforgiven are unneccassary i agree. i prefer tout le monde to unforgiven iii
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Going to listen to both back to back today
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
Death Magnetic is a fine return to form for Metallica. United Abominations was yet another luke warm, commercial, bland, release from Megadeth, who have been putting out such crap since 92.

Whatever, TSHF was a great lp, better than RiP imo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 pm

candlemass wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Death Magnetic is a fine return to form for Metallica. United Abominations was yet another luke warm, commercial, bland, release from Megadeth, who have been putting out such crap since 92.

Whatever, TSHF was a great lp, better than RiP imo!

I like TSHF but still to call it better then RIP= Shocked
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Okay, I can finally weigh-in...

I like both pretty equally. Neither one is great, but they're both good.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Going to listen to both back to back today

Listened to them back to back - I like both, but INHO, DM is better than UA
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:19 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
So bored of these endless Megadeth Metallica comparisons. You just cannot compare these albums. One is from a band who has consistantly put out strong records, had nothing to prove and was released over a year ago and the other was released by a band who so badly needed a strong album almost their very career practically depended on it.

Totally disagree on the last part. Metallica could put out five more albums just like St. Anger and people would still buy it. They are set for life with a good chunk of their fan base.

As far as picking, I couldn't do it as I like 'em both.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:27 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

Totally disagree on the last part. Metallica could put out five more albums just like St. Anger and people would still buy it. They are set for life with a good chunk of their fan base.

Yup. Though most of those buying'em would surely still gripe about'em. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United Abominations vs Death Magnetic   United Abominations vs Death Magnetic - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

United Abominations vs Death Magnetic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next