Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?

Go down 
+38
Louder
EvyMetal
KissinMaiden
kmorg
stepcousin
DeathCult
MetalH
TheGooch
rattpoison
Wargod
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
XYZ
nevermore
SAHB Healer
skullsmasher
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Schbopo
Shiney
7thSecond
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
sam
Pontus
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:42 am

First one i bought with my own money....

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:56 am

the single Our Radio Rocks by Pj and Duncan when i was about four

rock wise it was AFD by GNR
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:55 am

The first I got (without buying it myself) was a 1959 live record with Elvis Presley.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 pm

First cd that was purchased for me was Petra - Wake Up Call. The first cd that I bought was Whitecross - Triumphant Return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:42 pm

I listened to Triumphant Return today, one awesome album!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 pm

cheers

It's my favorite Whitecross album! The song Shakedown rocks my socks off every time! That guitar solo is intense!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 pm

I got to see them on the Triumphant return tour, still one of the highlights of my concert going life.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:13 am

First album: Mott- Drive On
First CD: Iron Maiden- Number Of The Beast
First Cassette: AC/DC- Highway To Hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:45 am

Foghat....Fool For The City in 1975 from money given to me on my birthday.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:31 am

stepcousin wrote:
Foghat....Fool For The City in 1975 from money given to me on my birthday.

I love that album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:26 am

I won Carola - Främling (Pontus know this Very Happy) at Liseberg (Pontus knows what that is too, haha!) many years ago. I didn't want it, of course, so I went into a local shop and swapped the Carola vinyl for a Saxon - Rock The Nations casette.

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:36 pm

system of a down - toxicity

used to listen to eminem and techno before that but, from there on i started listening to hard rock and metal
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Queen - Greatest Hits (maroon cover) when I was in 5th grade
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 am

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 101What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Triumph_Thunder_Seven_Cover

Purchased both on cassette a long, long time ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 am

I used to steal my step-dad's albums and traded them for cassettes. So, the first music I owned was Briefcase Full of Blues [Blue Brothers] and Tattoo You [Stones] albums for my 11th birthday from my folks. First things I got on my own were Blizzard of Ozz and Fair Warning for some of the above pilfered albums. First thing I bought with money [although it was not my money - don't ask] myself, was a cassette that changed my life: Golden Shower of Hits - Circle Jerks. [Ah, it is all starting to make sense to you now....]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 am

Still absolutely LOVE all 5 of those albums to this day, btw!!!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 am

BLUES BROTHERS///"Rubber Biscuit" is the greatest tune ever!!!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 pm

The first CD I ever bought, with my own money and that I really could call my own was Metallica - ...And Justice for All
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:51 pm

How fitting
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 am

The first CD I remember purchaseing was:

Iron Maiden-Live After Death

I got something else but I can't remember (during that time periond I spent almost all my money on CDs, but that was definatly my first purchase).

Tapes, I couldn't tell you because I got so much during that time period as well-I did get a butload from BMG (had to get one at half price) and later Columbia Record Company (you know, all for a penny but then you had to get the others at regular price-over priced of course) but I was able to get out of doing most of those on a techicality (I was 13 and not legally obligated).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:09 am

First CD i purchased was Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
Back to top Go down
jmapot
Metal novice
Metal novice
jmapot

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:34 am

manny wrote:
I thought it would be interesting with all different ages, backrounds, and taste, what the first album you all bought, my first album I ever bought with my own money was AC/DC's " If you Want Blood You've Got It", I had gone to anti rock ralley and the Rev played "Highway to Hell" and I loved it, the next day I went into the local Kmart and picked up "If You Want Blood ' because I thought the cover was so cool, had no idea that my life had changed forever and I would begin a lifelong love affair with music, and to this day I think Bon Scott is still the coolest frontman ever. Your turn.

The first tape I bought was Iron Maiden Live After Death. A few years later I bought my first vinyl which was Metallica Ride the Lightning. Then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3