Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?

Go down 
+38
Louder
EvyMetal
KissinMaiden
kmorg
stepcousin
DeathCult
MetalH
TheGooch
rattpoison
Wargod
Leatherface
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
XYZ
nevermore
SAHB Healer
skullsmasher
the sentinel
spiritoradio
Schbopo
Shiney
7thSecond
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
sam
Pontus
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
manny
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Empty
PostSubject: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:10 pm

I thought it would be interesting with all different ages, backrounds, and taste, what the first album you all bought, my first album I ever bought with my own money was AC/DC's " If you Want Blood You've Got It", I had gone to anti rock ralley and the Rev played "Highway to Hell" and I loved it, the next day I went into the local Kmart and picked up "If You Want Blood ' because I thought the cover was so cool, had no idea that my life had changed forever and I would begin a lifelong love affair with music, and to this day I think Bon Scott is still the coolest frontman ever. Your turn.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 pm

Hall and Oats - Big Bam Boom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:14 pm

First items I actually purchased with my own money (most likely from a birthday).

First Single: Heart - Crazy On You

First Album: Kiss - Rock And Roll Over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 pm

Hall & Oates - Private Eyes (as a new release)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Probably Huey Lewis & the News - Sports on vinyl. Either that, or some K-Tel compilation album. Anyone else remember K-Tel Records?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Yep. I used to have one called the Hit Express on something. The cover had a train on it. Another I had had a dart board on the cover and the only song I remember is Valley Girl by Moon Unit Zappa.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Probably Huey Lewis & the News - Sports on vinyl. Either that, or some K-Tel compilation album. Anyone else remember K-Tel Records?

If you are age how could you not, it was our version of the " Now" cd series, all the latest top 40 hits on one album, my older sister must have had hundreds of theses, she only listened to Top 40 music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:26 pm

If memory serves, it was Van Halen's "1984" cassette, but I'm not 100 percent sure anymore. Up until that point any tapes I got were either birthday or Christmas presents.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Hm...I think it was either JOURNEY Escape or DEF LEPPARD Pyromania...on cassette...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:32 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If you are age how could you not, it was our version of the " Now" cd series, all the latest top 40 hits on one album, my older sister must have had hundreds of theses, she only listened to Top 40 music.

I remember my parents owning records from their "Hooked On.." series. I know I had some "wacky song" comps. And apparently K-Tel is still around, sort of. Looks like most of the website is "Coming Soon":

http://www.ktel.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 pm

First Tape- Def Leppard- Hysteria
First CD- Helloween- Pink Bubbles Go Ape (actually bought this before I even had a cd player)
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 pm

The first CD i ever bought was the first Holy Soldier album, The first music I ever bought with my own money was the first Devo album on 8 track. Still have them both.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Not the first album I owned, but certainly one of the earliest..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4au3m4fLO4&feature=related

Also, check out the sidebar for other K-Tel commercials.. Classic, all of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Very obscure, this one:
What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Img_4694bfe1933b1
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:48 pm

owned some 80's hair comp. and a 70's one, first whole was
disturbed-10,000 fists
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Pontus wrote:
Very obscure, this one:
What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Img_4694bfe1933b1

Did this come with a free pair of chop-sticks?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 pm

AC/DC-Back In Black on 8 track Smile
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:21 pm

First I remember purchasing with my own money: The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band vinyl (It included Sgt. Pepper's paper moustache and other paperboard goodies. Wish I had kept them now.)

First metal album I ever got: Stryper In God We Trust on cassette (It's still a good listen)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood on vinyl

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:50 pm

A vinyl single - Another One Bites The Dust
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:02 pm

It was either Thriller or Seven and the Ragged Tiger. First metal album was either Number of the Beast, Metal Health or Ride the Lightning shortly there after.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Alice Cooper- 'Welcome To My Nightmare" on cassette....

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Will Smith-Big willie style on cassete. The best rap album ever made.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:17 pm

My dad bought me a cd before I even had a cd player and that was Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsys. When I went to buy my first cd player I bought the player and my introduction into KISS, Destroyer. I've had many cassettes over the years but I can't remember which one was purchased first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood on vinyl

EXCELLENT way to start!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?   What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the first album/cd/ tape you ever purchased?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next