Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your thoughts on this Opeth article?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Your thoughts on this Opeth article? Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on this Opeth article?   Your thoughts on this Opeth article? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:51 am

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24308740-5012980,00.html

Apparently, the show was originally an all ages gig, and just shortly beforehand, was changed to an 18+ gig. The venue's all ages licence was revoked by the Liquor Licensing Division just days before the concert was scheduled.

Many under-18 fans were unaware of the recent licence revocation, arriving at the venue to either find out while standing in the queue, or when they were turned away by security guards at the door.

I remember putting up a thread here a while back about all ages shows and 18+/19+/21+ shows and people's thoughts on it (as we know, mostly just mainstream metal bands (Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc.) play all ages shows, and most non-mainstream ones rarely or even never play all ages shows). It just reminded me of that thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on this Opeth article?   Your thoughts on this Opeth article? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:21 am

It sucks but it happens.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on this Opeth article?   Your thoughts on this Opeth article? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Seems to me that since the concert was promoted way in advance as an all ages event, it should have been "grandfathered" in after the licensing change. It's too bad that underage fans were not able to see this band live. They are amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on this Opeth article?   Your thoughts on this Opeth article? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on this Opeth article?
Page 1 of 1