Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Opeth fans on here?

Go down 
+13
Wargod
Todd Jaymz
Louder
DallasBlack
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
AchrisK
mc666
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Invader
Rex
TheGooch
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Any Opeth fans on here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:56 am

Opeth are on eof my favourite bands and i was wondering if there are any other fans of this great band

their new album is one of my most all time most listened to records and i think it is great

which of their albums do other people like etc?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:33 am

I like Opeth a lot. I like the new one a lot too, I'm also fond of Blackwater Park.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:34 am

I need a specific mood to listen them. If I don't have that mood their music will suck, but when I have it they are amazing.

In my opinion their best album is either Deliverance or Blackwater Park.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:39 am

everyone always says blackwater park is the best but i prefer orchid to that

i dont have still life or morningrise though
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:34 am

I love the music on Orchid, its the vocals that I'm not crazy about. Mike sounds a bit rough on it compared to their later releases.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:15 am

thats part of the charm. it is a young band forming a unique sound
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:33 am

Opeth are a very interesting band - very unique. I love Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries. Only familiar with a few tracks outside of those two albums. I also agree with Invader - I need to be in the right mood to listen to them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:34 am

Yea, I need to be in the right mood for them. The vocals can be a bit harsh at times, especially because they create such "moody" music.

But yea, they are an amazing, talented band.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:48 am

i usually only listen to them at night as the blackness suits the music down to a tee. it is almost a ritual i have where i will listen to opeth in bed (usually the new album or orchid)

i like the vocals and i like the way mikael akerfeldt can change styles so well. it shows he can scream and sing! how many peopl can do that well
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:49 am

i like them fine, although i don't listen to them often.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 11:03 am

well its cool to hear everyones thoughts on a great band
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:07 pm

I haven't yet been able to get into them, though I must admit I haven't tried that hard. I own Blackwater Park and Still Life.

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:15 pm

A talented band, no doubt. I just couldn't justify keeping their CDs, as I listened to them SOOOOO sparingly. I had to be in an exact mood to listen to them, and even then I couldn't take much of them.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 4:58 pm

I guess having all of their albums makes me a fan. I like Morningrise more than any other Opeth album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 5:33 pm

Never heard 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:11 pm

Own Damnation and Ghost Reveries...haven't had the chance as of yet to listen to all of Ghost Reveries.

Damnation is one of the more moving albums I have ever come across...words doesn't do this album any justice.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 6:14 am

thats true it is very moving. it is kinda traditional prog rock but i recommend it as long as you can accept that it is not a metal record
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:48 pm

I love Opeth. Michael Akerfelt is an amzing vocalist with his ability to go from his evil and deep gutteral growl to pleasent clean singing in a manner of seconds. Too much gutteral growl and I can barely swallow let alone sing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:12 pm

The "hand" photo in the Damnation artwork is my wife's grandmother and the "window" photo is a window from the house where my great grandparents lived.

:lol:
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 pm

I love Opeth, but picking a favorite album would be difficult. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Well I agree with a lot of people here and have to say it something I need to be in the mood for. I have Orchid, blackwater park and ghost reveries and a DVD. Wouldn't mind getting the others but they aren't on top of a gigantic list for now.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Love the band, kinda looooooong songs for radio but we rock'm anyway. I've always like Anethema and Amorphis too like in styles I guess-TJ
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:18 am

The new as yet untitled Opeth album has a release date of 30 May 2008
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:04 pm

TheGooch wrote:
The new as yet untitled Opeth album has a release date of 30 May 2008

Hopefully the U.S. release date won't be too much longer than that. Allen/Lande-The Revenge and Thundertone-Evolution 4.0 along with others are still not being released in America yet.
angry
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Haven't really them all that much!

Wargod48

NP: Brainstorm - Downburst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Opeth fans on here?   Any Opeth fans on here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Opeth fans on here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next