Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign

Go down 
+7
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Stender
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
mc666
XYZ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Empty
PostSubject: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:25 pm

Found out about this from Freddy's avatar.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104125

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:29 pm

i think it's stupid. they are essentially encouraging people to to destroy all Gama Bomb cds. not good for business.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:39 pm

mc666 wrote:
i think it's stupid. they are essentially encouraging people to to destroy all Gama Bomb cds. not good for business.

You must be a "mallcore, fanboy poser", then, MC. lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 pm

It's a gimmick.

It's pretty stupid.

Listen to what you like and don't worry about "what's embarrassing" or what doesn't fit into some ridiculous mold.

BTW, I like Gama Bomb. Was doing a cardio workout to their new CD on Friday.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:06 pm

Thats cool sorta, but where does Gama bomb and those other bands get the idea that they arent "Inferior metal" as well. I know people that would say the same thing about them. Whatever, All I know is there is gonna be a ton of beheading going on when the discs start getting frisbeed...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:02 am

I think it's funny.

This is what they did for disco back in the late 70s or so.

It might be fun for kids, which is what they and probably a lot of their fans are.

The bands they cited aren't even really controversial.

GAMA BOMB is one of the best new thrash bands around these days. I think they've more than earned the right to criticize those few easy targets they picked.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:43 am

mc666 wrote:

It would be funny for someone to actually take a Gama Bomb album and have it destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:37 am

Haha, I'm not even terribly familiar with Gama Bomb, to be honest, but I saw that "Stamp Out Inferior Metal" logo on Blabbermouth and thought it was too damned funny, so I borrowed it for my avatar. Laughing

I kinda like the idea of people bringing Linkin Park, etc. CDs to be stomped on or fed into a shredder at their shows though. That's putting entertainment back into metal, baby!! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 am

I think its funny.Just seems like good natured fun.BTW,Gama Bomb are one of the better new thrash bands out right now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:12 am

I'd like to start a campaign to stamp out inferior threads. Starting here. 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign 19976
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd like to start a campaign to stamp out inferior threads. Starting here. 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign 19976

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign   'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Stamp Out Inferior Metal' Campaign
Page 1 of 1