Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE

Go down 
+5
stormspell
Required Fields
stepcousin
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
9 posters
AuthorMessage

CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Empty
PostSubject: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 3:08 pm

This album still blows me away. One of the top 10 all time thrash
albums for me. Way more intense than Brutal Destruction.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 3:50 pm

The potential you could hear peeking through on Brutal Destruction gets fully realized on Inferior To None!! What a massive piece of thrash. The band sound more mature, more tight in their execution.

Now, if I could just find an original....
Laughing

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Be quick or be dead: http://cgi.ebay.com/CYCLONE-Inferior-To-None-90-CD-Thrash_W0QQitemZ280093324041QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Smile The final price will probably be current * 10! Smile

I prefer this one too (to Brutal Destruction), great technical thrash metal!! The vocals kinda remind me on Matt Barlow Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 4:07 pm

Oh, rest assured, in the final minutes of that auction is when all the action will take place!

I say it hits $65 at the least.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 6:07 am

Winning bid: $19.49?!? Holy crap Smile I put my maximum bid to $18.99 Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:00 am

Wow, that is surprising! It can be surprising what things go for on eBay sometimes...

I really thought that one would take off.

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:40 am

That is easily the lowest winning bid I have ever seen for that one. Somebody got lucky!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:56 am

dude, I used to love Cyclone, they were brutal.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 8:21 am

Here's the chance to buy original Inferior, directly from the band and signed by Guido Gevels:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cyclone-Inferior-to-none-Collector-Signed-CD_W0QQitemZ200115852228QQihZ010QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:04 pm

There is actually information on the bootlegs and original albums on Metal Archives, if you don't know if it's real or a bootleg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:16 pm

Yes I know, I wrote that on M-A.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 6:04 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Wow, that is surprising! It can be surprising what things go for on eBay sometimes...

I really thought that one would take off.

Well, the auction isnt really indicating you are not getting the Greek bootie, so I wouldnt hold my breath and envy the low price. Unless I see a picture from the disk itself presented with the lot # clearly visible I'd always assume it is the bootleg version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 6:17 pm

Well, I DID type that before I knew of the existence of that Greek boot.

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Be burned me this. Pretty good IMO.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

This is one of my favorite minor thrash releases; this album has more energy than a violent pack of wild elephants. Does anyone here actually own the album, and not the bootleg? I've never been able to find this, whether ebay, amazon, or any other site.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:29 pm

corplhicks wrote:
This is one of my favorite minor thrash releases; this album has more energy than a violent pack of wild elephants. Does anyone here actually own the album, and not the bootleg? I've never been able to find this, whether ebay, amazon, or any other site.

Not at those prices no!

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=401112&ev=mb
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Not at those prices no!

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=401112&ev=mb

Exactly! I won't say how I acquired my copy, however......................................
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 am

corplhicks wrote:

I bought my copy straight from the vocalist, Guido, a few years ago Very Happy 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Well then. I need to meet Guido.

That's pretty cool, though. How much did he sell it to you for?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:50 am

corplhicks wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

$60 if I remember correctly. I actually emailed back and forth with him for a while after I bought the CD from him. He shared a few stories about recording, touring, etc. Was a very cool dude.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:16 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

$60 if I remember correctly.  I actually emailed back and forth with him for a while after I bought the CD from him.  He shared a few stories about recording, touring, etc.  Was a very cool dude.

Did he talk about what happened to the album, distribution, rights, all that? If they were to do a downloadable-only rerelease I'd promote the hell out of it, starting with this board.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Man he cut you a bargain for that thing at 60? Did he just have some extras laying around?

I've given up on getting it unless I can see it with my own eyes that it is a legitimate one. Too many boots of that online to risk. A re-release would be great.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 11:49 am

I just ordered this album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 12:49 am

Is it the Greek bootleg RF?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 1:03 pm

It's the second pressing released in the early 1990s. It came to about $60 or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE   CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CYCLONE - INFERIOR TO NONE
Page 1 of 1