Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McCain or Obama

Go down 
+39
GrandNational
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
zombiewalkin
Olafsto
Addy
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
KissinMaiden
sam
skullsmasher
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
thejokeriv
Chairman_Smith
DallasBlack
QuothTheRaven
Mortuary
Hamer12
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
James B.
Thrasher73
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
XYZ
Stender
Schbopo
bgast1
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage

McCain or Obama - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:43 am

What needs to happen is serious welfare reform. Get these healthy, lazy assed people who are living off the government out there in the work force. If every American who can take care of themselves, would just take care of themselves for once, the Country would be in much better condition.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
Gentlemen history was made last night, be gracious in defeat. McCain certainly was gracious in defeat and even he noted this moment in history.

You should also wish your president-elect good wishes and hope he succeds, for the weight of the world has just been placed on his shoulders.

It was American citizens of all stripes and colors, different economic and social backrounds that elected Barack Obama not a bunch of mindless sheep as some of you have suggested.

Oh, I certainly do wish him well.

I just hope he doesn't expect me to work 80 hours a week to pay for all his social reforms and "wealth redistribution". If he starts redistributing, I'll quit so I can get in on the free money.

very true, why work when the government will take your pay and give to those that don't?

I will support our president elect unless he enacts the fairness doctrine. Then he has lost my support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:47 am

I will support our president elect unless he enacts the fairness doctrine. Then he has lost my support.[/quote]

Sam, what is the fairness doctrine?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am

spectrefate wrote:
What needs to happen is serious welfare reform. Get these healthy, lazy assed people who are living off the government out there in the work force. If every American who can take care of themselves, would just take care of themselves for once, the Country would be in much better condition.

Hey Spec, a political/social point we can both heartily agree on Very Happy .

manny wrote:
what is the fairness doctrine?

It is the government requiring that radio stations who broadcast conservative talk shows MUST provide an opposing veiwpoint. This is partial censorship because liberal talk shows fail miserably (Air America anybody?) and radio stations will drop all talk shows rather than loose audiences by providing such progrmming. Thus shutting up conservative view points on the radio waves.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 am

manny wrote:
what is the fairness doctrine?

It is the government requiring that radio stations who broadcast conservative talk shows MUST provide an opposing veiwpoint. This is partial censorship because liberal talk shows fail miserably (Air America anybody?) and radio stations will drop all talk shows rather than loose audiences by providing such progrmming. Thus shutting up conservative view points on the radio waves.[/quote]

yep, basically it's censorship in a fancy package.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:18 am

spectrefate wrote:

I agree with this 100%
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 am

Thanks guys I had forgotten about that stupid doctrine. This doctrine was brought about once during the Clinton years and once during Bush years it went nowhere, and it won't even be discussed by this adminsitration. It sounds like paranoia to me. The only people who have brought about the fairness doctrine are conservative talks show hosts that are nothing more than glorified over paid blow hard Gerald Riveria's who claim they love our country while they are busying finding ways to divide us.

Why anyone would want to waste 5 minutes of their day listening to right or left wing radio host is beyond me. This guys will say anything for the mighty dollar and not caring who they hurt.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:23 am

spectrefate wrote:

I am sure the goverment will get on that, once they have finished handing out that $700 Billions dollar paycheck to help out all those poor suffering CEO's that need a helping hand.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 am

I agree with spec 100%. Hunger is one hell of a motivator to get a job. Quit feeding them & I promise they will work.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:36 am

Dunno about anybody else, but I skipped all the major TV networks' coverage of the election last night and waited till Comedy Central aired their "Indecision 2008" special (hosted by Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show" and Stephen Colbert of "The Colbert Report") ... it was just as informative as the "real" thing and a hell of a lot more entertaining...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Just 5 more days and then we can all STFU.

In 5 more days I'll be replacing my "Vote for Howard the Duck" signature pic with "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Bill-N-Opus." Watch for it! Laughing

So far I have been unable to find the above-mentioned "Bill-N-Opus" pic to change my sig, despite numerous Google searches for it. Anybody out there know where I can find one?? The Howard the Duck one is obviously no longer topical (unless I change the "08" to "2012") :swear:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 am

http://www.lukefisher.com/sigs/bill-and-opus.bmp

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 am

Well if this isn`t a great day for all Americans, it certainly is for us out here in the scary part of the Planet called the rest of the World.
You have made a brave choice, and the growing anti Americanism in the world will proparbly fade now.
And for all of you conservatives, if you think Obama is very liberal, you don`t know what liberal is. I`m sure he is christian enough, and American enough to please you. Give the man a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 am

No matter where we all stand on the issues I for one am glad that this election is over.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 am

Olafsto wrote:
Well if this isn`t a great day for all Americans, it certainly is for us out here in the scary part of the Planet called the rest of the World.
You have made a brave choice, and the growing anti Americanism in the world will proparbly fade now.
And for all of you conservatives, if you think Obama is very liberal, you don`t know what liberal is. I`m sure he is christian enough, and American enough to please you. Give the man a chance.

Well said sir
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 am

tohostudios wrote:
http://www.lukefisher.com/sigs/bill-and-opus.bmp

Thanx, but that ain't quite it. I used to have a T-shirt with a pic of the two of them against an American flag background with the slogan "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for Bill-N-Opus," that's the pic I'm trying to find. I thought you could find EVERYTHING on the frickin Internet but so far I'm comin up empty on that one!!

On the other hand I've discovered some way cool Bloom County related sites during my searches and remembered what a great comic strip that was. I miss it like hell. When Breathed ended it and shifted some of the characters into the "Outland" strip it was never quite the same.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

So far I have been unable to find the above-mentioned "Bill-N-Opus" pic to change my sig, despite numerous Google searches for it.

Well all else fails, make one....(with help from toho)

McCain or Obama - Page 19 Bill
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 am

🤘

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:01 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

So far I have been unable to find the above-mentioned "Bill-N-Opus" pic to change my sig, despite numerous Google searches for it.

Well all else fails, make one....(with help from toho)

McCain or Obama - Page 19 Bill

That'll work. Thanks guys!!!!

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
true, & the creation of jobs for them to go to wouldn't hurt either.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:59 pm

Olafsto wrote:
What this man said.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:17 pm

spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:
People are hypnotised by Obama because he speaks well and keeps his cool or because he is young and appears to be the opposite of past presidents? Color aside he is just another politician that would and did say anything to be president. He has barely any experience and before this run for the white house was a complete unknown with a shady background. I blame Bush for this current outcome we have and the crappy replacement choices we were given. Talk about the masses being sheep. The media tells them who to pick and the MTV/Oprah crowd buys it.

I think what you should be worried about is not an inexperienced Obama as President but a nation full of people who you think voted for a candidate because they thought it was the "cool" thing to do. The people you say are the ones that let Oprah and MTV make up their minds are the people that built your car and home, created the food who feeds your family, are your doctors, lawyers, etc. If those people are all imcompetent sheep, then I wouldn't leave my house.

Quote :
I blame Bush

Wait, I thought that was the Democratic excuse for everything? scratch

Well if the tables were turned i could say the same for the democrats that would be complaining (and they do). I hear a lot of democrat types talking about not dividing the country... what does that mean for us that disagree with liberal thinking? It means that everyone should just shut up and think alike and that is real "American" isn't it? As for blaming Bush... i think it is agreed for the most part between everyone that he was the worst president we've had thus far. He led the country to this situation knowing full well what he was doing. It's all part of a bigger scheme his father started.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 pm

troublezone wrote:
As for blaming Bush... i think it is agreed for the most part between everyone that he was the worst president we've had thus far.

Only an uneducated fool would say that. just kidding Very Happy

Bush wasn't the best, but....

James Buchannan left us on the brink of Civil War, John Tyler was a legit traitor, Ulysses Grant had THE most corrupt administration ever, Andrew Johnson screwed up the Reconstruction, Franklin Pierce enabled slavery to continue west as the country moved that way, Jimmy Carter did absolutely nothing, and Warren Harding was caught up in sexual affairs.

In terms of abuse of power, Andrew Jackson moved all the Native Americans for Florida even though the Supreme Court deemed in unconstitutional.

Bush was bad, but not the worst.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Shoulda voted other: "Suck My Balls"
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Quote :
Bush was bad, but not the worst.

Sorry but you're wrong. This is the nuclear age and Bush made the whole world hate us and not only that but he or they (his administration) knew of 911 before it happened and did nothing to capture his buddy Bin Laden. As corrupt as some of those past presidents were they didn't put our country in turmoil as bad as the last 8 years. Name one good thing Bush did while in office? His whole purpose as president was to further his fathers agenda. I also loved the way he sent relief to the Katrina victims. We're talking traitor and war criminal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McCain or Obama
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next