Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McCain or Obama

Go down 
+39
GrandNational
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
zombiewalkin
Olafsto
Addy
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
KissinMaiden
sam
skullsmasher
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
thejokeriv
Chairman_Smith
DallasBlack
QuothTheRaven
Mortuary
Hamer12
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
James B.
Thrasher73
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
XYZ
Stender
Schbopo
bgast1
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

McCain or Obama - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:06 pm

manny wrote:
sam wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
xyz wrote:
Here's what I think of Obama:

If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line. But, it better work this time.

McCain or Obama - Page 18 506406

Obama sells, who's buying?

the ignorant

Now Sam that isn't nice because we don't agree does not make me ignorant just because I support Obama

nothing personal man I just see too many voting for obama for the fact that he is bringing change. then you ask what change and they say the change we need. Many of the people voting for him have no idea what he is about.

congratulations by the way.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm depressed because I'm sure I'm right.

God help us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Ugh - the carter years are about to look like a great time in our history......... The gang of three now will be running the country (obama, reid, polosi) - scarry, dark times indeed. I hope and pray I am wrong, but we are screwed. We have just elected the most inexperienced, most liberal president in our history. I felt bad and worried when clinton won in 92, but not this worried about our future.

Sam - you are correct about people voting for "change", they just haven't realized what they are about to get.......
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:55 am

Maybe that 2012 apocalypse prediction will really happen because of this horrible election.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 am

Today is the first time I've been "proud to be an American" in the past 8 years. States turning blue, landslide victory, many of the "old guard" going away...I'm a happy camper.

Just having a president that can form complete sentences will be a nice change of pace. After 8 years of Redneck White House it was definitely time...

I'm very happy that in my lifetime we managed to vote a minority to the highest office in the land.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:36 am

detuned wrote:
Today is the first time I've been "proud to be an American" in the past 8 years. States turning blue, landslide victory, many of the "old guard" going away...I'm a happy camper.

Just having a president that can form complete sentences will be a nice change of pace. After 8 years of Redneck White House it was definitely time...

I'm very happy that in my lifetime we managed to vote a minority to the highest office in the land.

You're assuming he will do a good job but what if he doesn't? Are you more concerned that we elected a "minority" or a compentent president that backs up what he says.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:39 am

That's a fair question.

I like the idea that America has come to the point where we could vote for an ethnic minority for the most powerful position in the World (it means something to my family...my little girls, especially, as they grow up) but I wish it was not this particular man. His views actually scare me. Clinton worried me, Obama scares me.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:45 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's a fair question.

I like the idea that America has come to the point where we could vote for an ethnic minority for the most powerful position in the World (it means something to my family...my little girls, especially, as they grow up) but I wish it was not this particular man. His views actually scare me. Clinton worried me, Obama scares me.

What exactly scares you?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:53 am

Quote :
What exactly scares you?

What he'll do to Freedom of Religion, Speech, Gun rights, the economy (it can get worse), more murdered unborn children, the setting of the Supreme Court for decades with a strong liberal slant.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's a fair question.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Our world is changing, whether we like it or not. The next four years can either bring us together and show those outside of America that we can do something different and rise above our differences, or it will divide us further. As a registered Republican in California who voted for Obama instead of McCain, I have no regrets (it's pretty obvious that Obama would take a state like CA anyway with no problem).

Let's just accept this historic moment and what we have been handed and move along. We are at the dawn of a new era.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:08 am

Quote :
Let's just accept this historic moment and what we have been handed and move along. We are at the dawn of a new era.

Yeah... probably NWO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:12 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's a fair question.

I know what you mean. I would vote for someone like Martin Luther King but this Obama is a real brain washer that is about to bring "change" but not the kind you think.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:31 am

This is absolutely horrible... Just horrible. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:33 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
What exactly scares you?

What he'll do to Freedom of Religion, Speech, Gun rights, the economy (it can get worse), more murdered unborn children, the setting of the Supreme Court for decades with a strong liberal slant.

Well, I imagine you're conservative. However, neither of these will be stifled in his office.

And liberal is not a bad thing.

I mean, the fact of the matter is, your values are just that, yours.

The great thing about this country is you can be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, ect ect ect if you choose to be. The thing about being liberal is, just because you have the rights available to you to do something, doesn't mean you have to. If people refuse to impose their own values on themselves because of lack of self control, then thats that.

I mean look at it this way. If drugs were legalized tommorow, and a bunch of people went out and overdosed thats their consequences for their actions.

If everyone runs out and has sex with random people and gets a disease, thats their consequence.

If gays marry, why does that matter? If you think being merry is immoral because of your beleifs, then don't be merry! Thoe people don't feel the same way you do.

However

I do definatley see your view on abortion. I'm am definatley torn on the issue myself. I ended up deciding that the ends justify the means and would rather have a teenager get it done in the safty of a clinic then do it in an alleyway where they could get infected and hurt.

Gun rights, I agree with conservatives on.

your concerns on the economy may be valid, but I have more faith in the guy.

However, because of the war and because of the way science is being stiffled by conservatives, I refuse to vote for them. And yes, I mean evolution and stem cell research, which you'll probably disagree with on both counts. I do not. I also feel the Republican party is not doing enough for middle class america, nor are they doing enough to help us get off the gas standard.

I feel Barack will also heal our relationship with the rest of the world, which is pretty hostile right now. People may view this as surrending, but we are all citizens on this planet and I hate this America First policy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 am

i voted for Obama. i'm loving all the conservative crybaby's popping up. oh no, a woman may have the right to choose. oh no, a poor person's vote may count. oh no, a life might be a touch more valuable than oil. oh no, a minority might have some sort of say.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:07 am

mc666 wrote:
i voted for Obama. i'm loving all the conservative crybaby's popping up. oh no, a woman may have the right to choose. oh no, a poor person's vote may count. oh no, a life might be a touch more valuable than oil. oh no, a minority might have some sort of say.

lol!

Pretty much what I said mc666ed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:23 am

troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:

You're assuming he will do a good job but what if he doesn't? Are you more concerned that we elected a "minority" or a compentent president that backs up what he says.

No, I'm assuming he'll do a better job than McCain could have...and that our nation needs a new point of view that the GOP is too close-minded to put forth.

I also do not "fear" for our rights, I am more appalled by the rights that the Bush administration took away from us under the guise of "war on terror".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:34 am

People are hypnotised by Obama because he speaks well and keeps his cool or because he is young and appears to be the opposite of past presidents? Color aside he is just another politician that would and did say anything to be president. He has barely any experience and before this run for the white house was a complete unknown with a shady background. I blame Bush for this current outcome we have and the crappy replacement choices we were given. Talk about the masses being sheep. The media tells them who to pick and the MTV/Oprah crowd buys it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 am

I hope you Obama people are right, however, for me this is a sad day for America. I don't care what you guys feel about a woman's right to "choose", as far as I'm concerned abortion is taking of a life and I don't like the possibility of them increasing (espeically partial birth abortions and killing the baby if it survives the abortion-something Obama favors). I know many will be pleased that we will be pulling out of Iraq, but for me all that will do is make the deaths of our soliders meaningless. Also, it will leave the Iraqi people vulnerable to radicals (remember what happened in Vietnam when we left?). However, maybe I'm wrong (I hope to God I am) and Obama will see this through, but I doubt it. Gas prices will soar once the taxes on it are raised and people employed by small businesses will either loose their jobs or take a drastic pay cut. Also, I hope you guys aren't expecting an Obama presidency to be a utopia, in the words of Biden, Obama is going to be tested by our enemies. Let's hope he's prepared to face those tests.

This all being said, we are in a Democracy, and Obama got the vote and Democrats run the legislation. They are the winners whether I like it or not and Obama is the President Of The United States. The people have spoken, and above all democracy must be upheld. The American people have no one to blame but themselves if Obama screws up, we had a choice and I fear we made the wrong one (as a whole, not individuals-after all not everyone voted for him).

Some of you may think I'm being too "gloom and doom" aobut this, so let me end on a positve note. As a Christian, I believe God is in control and this was meant to happen and though the future looks bleak everything is going according to His plan. I pray Obama makes the right decisions, I pray for his well being (it would be a sad thing if he were assasinated), and I pray America won't get as screwed up as my gut tells me it will. God is in control and God is good (of course if you don't believe in God then IYO, I'm just full of it Smile ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:55 am

troublezone wrote:
People are hypnotised by Obama because he speaks well and keeps his cool or because he is young and appears to be the opposite of past presidents? Color aside he is just another politician that would and did say anything to be president. He has barely any experience and before this run for the white house was a complete unknown with a shady background. I blame Bush for this current outcome we have and the crappy replacement choices we were given. Talk about the masses being sheep. The media tells them who to pick and the MTV/Oprah crowd buys it.

I think what you should be worried about is not an inexperienced Obama as President but a nation full of people who you think voted for a candidate because they thought it was the "cool" thing to do. The people you say are the ones that let Oprah and MTV make up their minds are the people that built your car and home, created the food who feeds your family, are your doctors, lawyers, etc. If those people are all imcompetent sheep, then I wouldn't leave my house.

Quote :
I blame Bush

Wait, I thought that was the Democratic excuse for everything? scratch
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:58 am

Quote :
Some of you may think I'm being too "gloom and doom" aobut this

I don't I think your spot on
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:01 am

In honor of his victory I watched "Hellraiser" last night.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 am

Heheh I should have watched "Red Dawn" heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 am

Gentlemen history was made last night, be gracious in defeat. McCain certainly was gracious in defeat and even he noted this moment in history.

You should also wish your president-elect good wishes and hope he succeds, for the weight of the world has just been placed on his shoulders.

It was American citizens of all stripes and colors, different economic and social backrounds that elected Barack Obama not a bunch of mindless sheep as some of you have suggested.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 am

manny wrote:
Gentlemen history was made last night, be gracious in defeat. McCain certainly was gracious in defeat and even he noted this moment in history.

You should also wish your president-elect good wishes and hope he succeds, for the weight of the world has just been placed on his shoulders.

It was American citizens of all stripes and colors, different economic and social backrounds that elected Barack Obama not a bunch of mindless sheep as some of you have suggested.

Oh, I certainly do wish him well.

I just hope he doesn't expect me to work 80 hours a week to pay for all his social reforms and "wealth redistribution". If he starts redistributing, I'll quit so I can get in on the free money.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
What exactly scares you?

Never once has implied that he was going to attack the Freedom of Relgion, on the other hand he was attacked for not being Christian enough, which I would love to have someone explain that one to me. He has not spoken once about restricting gun owners rights, the right to choice has been a right since 1973, Bush has been in the White House for 8 years and 6 of those under a Republican Congress never once proposed a singal bill in regards to abortion rights pro or con, and how setting a Supreme Court for decades with strong conservative slant any better than one with a liberal slant any better? Those terms conservative and liberal mean absoutley nothing. Most people are right down the middle, like the people who voted in Obama.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McCain or Obama
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next