Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Empty
PostSubject: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I like Obama a lot, but I don't really think he's earned this yet. The Nobel Peace Prize is a recognition of achievement in contribution to peace. Obama has not achieved a great deal; his aims are noble and very ambitious but his work is far from done. It would have been advisable for the Nobel committee to have at least delayed presenting Obama with an award until he has had more opportunity to prove himself; at present it seems rather hollow, which is certainly not the spirit of the Nobel Prize. A better choice would have been Chinese dissident and HIV/AIDS activist Hu Jia.

$10 says Rush Limbaugh poops his pants during his show today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:43 pm

A political discussion? Well, this should get interesting. 'Scuse me while I grab a brew and some Doritos and settle in for the show.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A political discussion? Well, this should get interesting. 'Scuse me while I grab a brew and some Doritos and settle in for the show.

Yep. I think we're about due for one of these.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Schbopo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yep. I think we're about due for one of these.

You throw rocks at a hornets nest too, don't ya? Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize 388744

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:09 pm

This is a total joke - he has done NOTHING to EARN this win!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
This is a total joke - he has done NOTHING to EARN this win!!!!!

I agree. Wow, he talked to some arab countries about chilling out on nuclear power, and they havent done anything yet...really worth a nobel peace prize.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 pm

I think that this will actually be a slightly negative thing for him, at least in the short term.

Like most politicians he's done quite a bit of talking but he hasn't produced on much of that rhetoric yet. I guess we can now call this award "The Nobel let's Just Talk About Some Good Ideas For Peace Prize".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:26 pm

....nipping this in the bud....if you would like to continue this....http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Hard to get anything done when the conservative minority just runs their traps and tries to disrupt and distract [as usual] simply on the basis of partisanship.

But, yeah - Me n DeathCult are more deserving than Obama at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize   Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
Page 1 of 1