Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McCain or Obama

Go down 
+39
GrandNational
rattpoison
7thSecond
MetalH
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
zombiewalkin
Olafsto
Addy
metalinmyveins
EvyMetal
KissinMaiden
sam
skullsmasher
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
thejokeriv
Chairman_Smith
DallasBlack
QuothTheRaven
Mortuary
Hamer12
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
James B.
Thrasher73
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
XYZ
Stender
Schbopo
bgast1
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage

McCain or Obama - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:13 am

Wait until the first of October when gas prices miraclulously take a tumble. Then the polls will even out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:59 am

spectrefate wrote:
Wait until the first of October when gas prices miraclulously take a tumble. Then the polls will even out.

Oh yeah...it's still anybody's game...it's just some kind of achievement to reach over 50% in that poll...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:01 am

spectrefate wrote:

Either that or the GOP will miraculously find Osama Bin Laden or some other terrorist cretin they can capture to put on the 11pm news and try to hammer home the GRAND OLD FLAG straight to the White House again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 am

detuned wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Either that or the GOP will miraculously find Osama Bin Laden or some other terrorist cretin they can capture to put on the 11pm news and try to hammer home the GRAND OLD FLAG straight to the White House again.

People were saying the same thing in the 2004 election...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Obama just got owned...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:41 pm

That's actually the first intelligent thing I've heard McCain say so far....
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:45 pm

I like McCain's proposal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Actually though...after thinking about it the more likely reason for McCain to cancel the debate is because he's not ready to talk about the economy. He was a huge backer of deregulation which is what just blew up on Wall Street...

Obama's response:

At a press conference just now, Barack Obama rejected John McCain's demand for a suspension of the debate.

"I believe we should continue to have the debate," he just said. "I believe it makes sense for us to present ourselves to the American people."

"Obviously if it turns out that we need to be in Washington, we've both got big planes, we've painted our slogan on the side of them," Obama also said. "They can get us from Washington to Mississippi pretty quickly." The debate is set to take place in Mississippi.

Obama also said that he was blindsided by McCain's public call for a debates suspension. After describing their conversation about a possible suspension, Obama said: "I thought that this was something that he was mulling over. Apparently this was something that he was more decisive about in his own mind."

Obama described their conversation as follows: "I proposed putting out the joint statement. He concurred with that. he then also said, 'I would like us to look at suspending the campaign and pushing the debates off.' I said, 'let's put out the joint statement first, and then get our campaigns to discuss this.'" Obama said he later saw McCain announcing his plans on television.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:52 pm

Quote :
after thinking about it the more likely reason for McCain to cancel the debate is because he's not ready to talk about the economy.

The scheduled debate was to be about foreign policy...not the economy.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Since they are BOTH member of congress and we are facing a serious financial crisis (that this ccountry has not seen since the 1930's), McCain has a GREAT idea, get off of the campaign trail and go and try to come to a compromise to SOLVE this serious issue that could not only cripple the US economy but also the world economy. They should both get their a**es back to DC and work on the problem (aside from running for office, they both still have full time jobs in the US Senate). At this point, they are both the leaders of their parties - go back, solve the problem then debate.

The problem is everyone is trying to attached "earmarks" to these bills.

Obama's statement earlier today showed his true colors (or colours for those on this board from Europe) - that all he does is run for office and does not actually do anything once he wins but run for office again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 am

Well, both him and McCain were invited to the White House tomorrow...so we'll see what plays out from here.

I'm just burnt out on this whole election, the older I get the more apathetic I get about the whole thing. It's all a big f*cking sham perpetrated by both parties.

I think I'll do a write-in vote for George Carlin...even a dead comedian has more sense than living politicians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:11 am

Quote :
At this point, they are both the leaders of their parties - go back, solve the problem then debate.

I agree...it should be a no-brainer.

Quote :
Obama's statement earlier today showed his true colors

He was stuck on a loop for 15 minutes...said the same thing several times...even answered a question by repeating it..."It was my idea" and "McCain can't multi-task"...over and over. The fact that he called McCain first was already no secret...it was online immediately after McCain made his decision and almost 2 hours before Obama made his statement...he did say McCain suggested a trip to Washington in addition to thier agreed joint statement, but then said "I didn't realize he was that decisive about it...I thought he was mulling it over."

Quote :
the older I get the more apathetic I get about the whole thing. It's all a big f*cking sham perpetrated by both parties.

I'm kind of in the same boat...but I'm in "train wreck" mode now...I can't look away...watching both corrupt sides call each other corrupt and untrustworthy is the best Reality Show on TV... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:17 pm

I found this picture in another forum... lol!

McCain or Obama - Page 8 Baracktriestogetgayvote
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm definitely an independent, always have been, probably always will be. I can't stand the far right of the Republican party, or the far left of the Democrats... I will be anxiously awaiting the next couple of debates. I hope to have my mind made up before I go to the polls.

It was not an easy process for me in 2004. It was like voting for the lesser of two evils. Totally disgusting!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 8:03 pm

troublezone wrote:
I found this picture in another forum... lol!

McCain or Obama - Page 8 Baracktriestogetgayvote

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:37 pm

i like palin, my friend calls her a "pmilf"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:16 am

My final contribution to this thread:
Why did the chicken cross the road?

BARACK OBAMA: The chicken crossed the road because it was time
for a change! The chicken wanted change!

JOHN MC CAIN: My friends, that chicken crossed the road because
he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all
the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: When I was First Lady, I personally helped
that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely
qualified to ensure right from Day One! that every chicken in this
country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this
really isn't about me.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed
the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the
road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no
middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

SARAH PALIN: So the chicken could get a better look at Russia .. you betcha

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly
see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What
is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road,
I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled
about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain
against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white? We need some black
chickens.

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't
realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the
road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road.
What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not
taking on his current problems before adding new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems,
which is why he wants to cross this road so badly. So instead of having
the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of
life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive
across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: We have reason to believe there is a
chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other
side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty!
You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking
American.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way that
chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell
my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave
me any insider information.

DR. SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with
a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not
been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the
road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good
enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we
will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart
warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went
on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing
roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken 2008, which will not
only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and
balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of
eChicken 2008. This new platform is much more stable and will never
crash or need to be rebooted.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did
the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one?

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:32 am

Very good manny, very good. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:32 pm

manny wrote:

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

lol!
man bear pig Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 pm

Someone on the boxing forum I post at says McCain will win by a small margin. He's an older dude, in his 50s, and knows politics. He posted that McCain would pick Sarah Palin as his running mate in JUNE! Haha. No idea how he knew, but he did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:57 pm

I think McCain will win as well. I think alot of the shaky Obama supporters won't follow through. As ignorant as it may sound, the race thing will be an issue when people get in the booth.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Manny that was GREAT I loved that
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I think McCain will win as well. I think alot of the shaky Obama supporters won't follow through. As ignorant as it may sound, the race thing will be an issue when people get in the booth.
I don't care either way, but I honestly worry that if Obama is elected, he'll be assassinated. I just think back to what happened in 1994 with the Rodney King beating. That was horrible, but the aftermath was almost unthinkable. Imagine what would happen all over this country if the first black President was assassinated.

Maybe I'm thinking crazy stuff, but I just don't want to even find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:27 pm

That was my thought process as well. I don't foresee a black president staying in office for 4 years. I wish it were possible, but I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That was my thought process as well. I don't foresee a black president staying in office for 4 years. I wish it were possible, but I'm not so sure.
Right. Maybe my opinion of humanity is skewed because of a handful of dirtbags, but I don't know. In most areas of Brockton, it's predominantly black. It doesn't affect me at all. This is where I grew up. I went into KFC Friday night, and while it may seem stereotypical, the place was packed. There were probably 40 people in there. I was the only white dude. Haha. (I also got an 8pc dinner for myself. Something is wrong with that.) So it doesn't bother me one bit. No one bugged me; I didn't feel threatened or out of place.

But let's be honest here. How safe would I have been in that same situation if Obama was assassinated the night before?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McCain or Obama   McCain or Obama - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McCain or Obama
Page 8 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next