Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....

Go down 
+14
Mglaffas81
thejokeriv
skullsmasher
Mordor
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kethdredd
Smindas
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
Troublezone
White_Mage
mc666
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:18 am

My Apocalypse is a decent song.Definitely the better of the two.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 am

Metallica could release a CD full of fart noises and it would still created mountains of buzz. I am amazed at how much discussion goes on over these two songs at every single forum I visit.

I personally, don't think the song is terrible. I heard the song in question on the radio at the gym the other day. The young guy (21) I work out with was mesmerized for a few minutes. He's not a big Metallica fan, but he thought the song was great. I thought it was ok. Didn't really bowl me over either. I figured it was their attempt at a radio single. I'm more anxious to hear the rest of the CD and the non-radio singles.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 am

i have been wondering where this song has been all my life
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:43 am

Man I can not wait for this to come. I haven't been this excited over an album in a while. I have liked everything I have heard so far and it rips IMO. This is the best thing they have done since Black or Justice and some of you are still not happy scratch I know they have burnt a lot of birdges over the years but this is Metallica 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:50 am

its fan boy hysteria all over again
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
Metallica could release a CD full of fart noises and it would still created mountains of buzz.

Exactly.

And a lot of people on message boards would love it and defend it.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:46 am

I have only heard the one new tune so far, I too thought it was ok. Leaps and bounds better than St. Anger but not their best. I'll need to hear it more to really make a judgement. I am curious about the new album now, I had pretty much written these guys off, What has been, like 5 years or so since St. Anger. I figured they were going off into the meadow to give each other hugs and kisses and talk about how their feeling were hurt and we would never hear from them again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 am

Don't forget about the OFFICAL Metallica - Death Magnetic thread!

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/the-offical-metallica-death-magnetic-thread-t5898-450.htm

We may end up with as many Metallica threads as KISS threads!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Don't forget about the OFFICAL Metallica - Death Magnetic thread!

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/the-offical-metallica-death-magnetic-thread-t5898-450.htm

We may end up with as many Metallica threads as KISS threads!

Someone should just combine all these threads together...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:57 am

This is what I mean by TOB's ignorance - Not because he does not like the songs, but to quote him exactly:

"I think the new album will sound exactly like St. Anger"

..mhm.. still want to defend that statement?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:11 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
This is what I mean by TOB's ignorance - Not because he does not like the songs, but to quote him exactly:

"I think the new album will sound exactly like St. Anger"

..mhm.. still want to defend that statement?

Hmm, did I say that? Which thread? Was it before they announced they were working with Rick Rubin? That is one thing that made me more hopeful about it. I've liked every RR album I've ever heard him work on ... except very likely this one.

I'm not ignorant about METALLICA's music or metal in general. I may have made a bad prediction but anyone could do that ... "ignorant" or not.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Metallica could release a CD full of fart noises and it would still created mountains of buzz.

Exactly.

And a lot of people on message boards would love it and defend it.

Actually most people dislike St. Anger from what i've seen and that is a notch above fart noises.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 am

I've never seen a soul defend St. Anger. I don't think anyone's that stupid ;P

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:26 am

I like to judge songs after I have heard them in the capacity of being performed onstage. My opinion of "The Day...." is kinda/sorta across the board with others as sayng it is okay, yet not that great. I will admit that each time I've heard it on the radio, discovery of kewl lil stuff is found. Then agan, I notice things that don't flow or fit... especially the drums.
Back to the original premise of my post, I would dig hearing this song performed live as one entire piece and see how it flows ?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:40 am

Decent song; sounds like a mix of old and new to me. Now, on to the original question TOB posed. I probably would not pick up the album based on the strength of this song alone (if it were the first single from an unknown band), but would say to myself that they have potential and would want to hear more before making my decision. After hearing the second song that was posted (My Apocalypse), my decision to purchase the album was made. Peace.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:20 am

does anyone think my apocalyspe has an iron maiden vibe going on as it seems to gallop along like iron maiden tend to do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:28 am

TheGooch wrote:
does anyone think my apocalyspe has an iron maiden vibe going on as it seems to gallop along like iron maiden tend to do

Go back and take a listen to The Four Horsemen for a prime example of the "gallop riff".
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:16 am

true true. it just seemed really evident on this song maybe becuase it is quite a simple song in the sense in that it does not have loads of different bits
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:12 am

I heard "The Day..." on the radio Saturday night when I was playing cards with 7 other guys. Most of them are/were hardcore Metallica fans back in the day, yet noone but me had heard this new song yet. I pointed it out and everyone quieted down to hear it. Initial reactions all around were "Dude, this sucks", "Why is it so slow?" and "Sounds like something from those Load albums". I told them to hang in, it gets better. After the song was over, pretty much most of the opinions were "Eh, it was ok, got better at the end, etc." but overall noone was impressed or fired up enough to say "Oooo, I can't wait for this new album!!". Most of the guys were like "Metallica's dead to me anymore" and we went back to playing cards.

Anyway, that's my story. And no, I didn't win the card game if anyone cares.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 am

I Love your stories,MG.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:28 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I Love your stories,MG.

I'm practicing for the day when I'm a senile old grandpa and I can tell my grandkids long, boring, pointless stories about how everything was better when I was a kid and they don't know anything.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I expected a pretty decent song and didn't get it.

Your contredicting yourself, you said in an other post that you predicted there was less than 5% chance of this album being any good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2