Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
jstate
TheGooch
Selvmord
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
mc666
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Thrasher73
manny
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:50 pm

i rarely listen to it if i am honest
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:43 pm

detuned wrote:
One more thing...the cover art for Dehumanizer is HORRID.

Whaaaaaaaaat.... I love it!

I just bought this album a few weeks ago and was blown away by it. I think I might actually like this better than the first two Sabbath Dio albums because it's so much more heavy and aggressive (even if it is a bit slower).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:21 pm

"Letters From Earth"...end of thread. Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Headbang
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 am

Bump.

With the recent Dio news, I've been going through allot of his material as of late. Spinning this one again for the 3rd or 4th time this week. I put this one in the "Meh, it's ok" category for the longest time, but something just clicked. I think maybe it had to do with listening to it with big comfy headphones on. Takes the listening experience a whole new level. This is a way better album than I've been giving it credit for.

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 170371

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:00 pm

I just got the remastered version the other day. Good album... My favorite songs on it are "I" and "Too Late".
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:34 pm

"I" is definitely my fave as well. Amazing album, I think I have most of it on my iPod when I work out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:12 am

Has anyone heard Geezer's "Computer God" demo from the mid/late 80s? It's pretty good but definitely has the typical '80s hard rock sound to it. It starts off with the keys reminding me of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" though. Razz
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:40 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Has anyone heard Geezer's "Computer God" demo from the mid/late 80s? It's pretty good but definitely has the typical '80s hard rock sound to it. It starts off with the keys reminding me of Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry" though. Razz

Nope never heard it, but will look for it on 'Youtube' when I get home
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 11:52 am

This is it:

There's a download link to it over at black-sabbath.com
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bump.

With the recent Dio news, I've been going through allot of his material as of late. Spinning this one again for the 3rd or 4th time this week. I put this one in the "Meh, it's ok" category for the longest time, but something just clicked. I think maybe it had to do with listening to it with big comfy headphones on. Takes the listening experience a whole new level. This is a way better album than I've been giving it credit for.

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 170371

This is true for a lot folks w/all the post Ozzy era Sabbath, they're going back and discovering some really good music!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm

I take it we're just resurrecting EVERY Black Sabbath thread that has ever existed on this board? This one was dormant since 2009 when it was brought back from the dead.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
I take it we're just resurrecting EVERY Black Sabbath thread that has ever existed on this board?  This one was dormant since 2009 when it was brought back "after all the dead."  

Fixed that for ya!  Dio 
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 pm

If you read "Never Say Die", the authors really slagged off on this lp, along w/some of the band members. Talked about how they "ruined their momentum", and set the band back, and how the album really wasn't any good. What a crock! What "momentum?" There certainly wasn't any in America, nor the UK. While I enjoy the Martin era, it was Dio or Ozzy most of wanted back, and I personally was all geeked up when I heard the news! While initially I was a bit disappointed w/this lp, though I still liked it, the tour was great, Dio was in absolute top form! And this lp in my opinion, even back then, I considered to be far better than "TYR." Sabbath was in reality on a roll again...'till Ozzy and Sharon threw a wrench in the machine, and of course Tony and Geezer bowed the knee to them!  angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Their momentum was fine until they scheduled that stupid concert opening for Ozzy that caused Dio to leave yet again.  When they re-hired Tony Martin for Cross Purposes I groaned and said "well, so much for that reunion."  It just seemed pathetic at the time and honestly still does.

Martin might have a decent enough voice but he was a terrible frontman for Sabbath, he had no personality, no stage presence, he was just boring.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Exactly what I was referring to, Ozzy and Sharon couldn't stand to see Sabbath doing well again, especially w/Dio at the helm. They knew Ronnie wasn't going to go for that, well planned out...and did anyone really believe that Ozzy was going to retire then?!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 pm

S.D. wrote:

Martin might have a decent enough voice but he was a terrible frontman for Sabbath, he had no personality, no stage presence, he was just boring.

Not really boring, but out of place, he had no command of the stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm

candlemass wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Not really boring, but out of place, he had no command of the stage.

He always seemed to me to be the kind of vocalist that should have been in one of those melodic pop metal bands (though that would have required a wig to cover up his balding plate, kind of hard to tease something that isn't there to begin with).
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Funny you should say that, on two accounts. One, he was in such a band before Sabbath; "The Alliance", two, he was involved w/"Blue Murder" for a spell, and John Sykes wanted to get him a hair transplant!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
I take it we're just resurrecting EVERY Black Sabbath thread that has ever existed on this board?  This one was dormant since 2009 when it was brought back from the dead.  

What is the R.I.P. sub-forum? I thought old threads went there. Looking at it, though, I see threads from just this month in it.

Anyway, back to the original topic from so long ago: I LOVE Dehumanizer! Every track is excellent. I wore out the first CD I bought (albeit, it was used when I bought it) and immediately replaced it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:35 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I take it we're just resurrecting EVERY Black Sabbath thread that has ever existed on this board?  This one was dormant since 2009 when it was brought back from the dead.  

What is the R.I.P. sub-forum? I thought old threads went there. Looking at it, though, I see threads from just this month in it.  

Mods here are very quick to shuffle threads into the graveyard, for some reason. And don't like it when they get re-upped. Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 10:24 pm

Great album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 11:14 pm

One of my favorite Dio fronted albums! Very dark and heavy! And under-appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:12 am

Man i need to revisit this one. It's been years and years.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 7:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
One of my favorite Dio fronted albums! Very dark and heavy! And under-appreciated.

Even though Heaven and Hell is my favorite of the Dio fronted Black Sabbath albums, Dehumanizer is most definitely the heaviest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next