Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)

Go down 
+11
Metal Misfit
exact33
Troublezone
akeldama
Joe
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
manny
candlemass
BillRoxx
15 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Anyone pick this up yet? SWEET! It is awesome! Remaster is killer, the bonus disc is worthy of the price!

Reminds me how much I miss Dio. The booklet is really nice it is a 14 page booklet with tons of archival information and pictures and memorabilia from this era. A GREAT addition for my Sabbath collection!

If you haven't picked it up yet and your a Sab fan! I highly encourage you check it out!

http://www.jayfan.com/Metal/Black-Sabbath---Dehumanizer--1992---2011--2CD--Deluxe-Expanded-Edition--13021.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 am

Not a very glowing review there, certainly not something I'd want to promote the cd!

I was a bit disappointed w/it at first, but I came to love that lp. Too many folks expect bands to go back and make the same music they made in their youth, it's simply not possible to re-create something from another era. Everything that went into that art, what they felt at the time, their surroundings, the musical landscape...are all gone. To try and recpature that would be to force the art, wich is exactly what Queensryche did w/"Mindcrime II!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:38 am

Always liked Dehumanizer and never quite got what everyone seemed to dislike about it. Okay,it's not Heaven And Hell or Mob Rules Part II, but who in their right mind expected it to be. Even in that review,the songs are being compared to earlier material. I think it was great hearing Dio sing in the band again. Too bad they couldn't have held it together longer.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:40 am

I loved 'Dehumanizer' and remember being excited that the Dio line up of Black Sabbath not only had reformed but where recording and going to be touring, was lucky enough to see this tour and it was one of the best shows I had ever seen, opening act Danzig was pretty kick ass too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 pm

I like it OK but I don't think it's as good as the album that came before it or after it.

Apparently Cozy wasn't crazy about the material either so that is why they made up the story about why he had to leave and not appear on the album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Decent album, but there's nothing on that 2nd disc that would make me re-purchase. I'm fine with the copy I already have.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Decent album, but there's nothing on that 2nd disc that would make me re-purchase. I'm fine with the copy I already have.

That's the way I feel about it too.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

x2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm sure I'll get it eventually, I want all the Sabbath Deluxe editions.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Being that Dehumanizer is my fave Sab album I got all the b-sides etc from this
already and 3 discs worth of demos from Dehumanizer so I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 pm

I like Dehumanizer a lot more than their last final album (as H&H).

And i have the reissue they released a few years ago. This one doesn't offer anything great that i would want to buy another one.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:01 pm

detuned wrote:
I'm sure I'll get it eventually, I want all the Sabbath Deluxe editions.

I am with you on that. I just dont want to shell out the cash for them right now..

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm

This is an amazing album. One of Sabbath's best. I had been on the fence about ordering this one but I just got paid today and have had an urge to spend money so thanks for reminding me about this one. Wink Just ordered it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm

When Heaven and Hell was touring, I thought the Dehumanizer songs they did fit into the set perfectly with the older material.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:28 am

Do we really need a remastered version of this album??

It's widely available on the market.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am

I have always considered dehumanizer to be a brilliant BlackSabbath album, but I don't fancy myself getting this copy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 pm

I really like Dehumanizer as well, but I'm fine with the normal copy I own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 12:03 pm

A very unique sounding record. And there's nothing wrong with the mix. Just... different. Those drums are super loud.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 am

Dehumanizer is my favorite Dio album with Sabbath. Although my favorite song is Heaven and Hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)   Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (2011 Remastered and Expanded)
Page 1 of 1