Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
jstate
TheGooch
Selvmord
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
mc666
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Thrasher73
manny
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:29 pm

I am the only one here to think that this album rules??... It Is one of my favourites Sabbath albums of all time!... Songs like Computer God, Time Machine, and Master Of Insanity are classics... I liked alot Too Late too...

Your opinions??...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:24 pm

I dig DEHUMANIZER. It's not quite on par with Dio's earlier Sabbath work, but it was nice to hear Ronnie back in front of Sabbath again after so many years away.

Now that I think about it, my DEHUMANIZER CD recently got a scratch on it and now it skips, so I'm on currently on the lookout for a replacement copy!

My fave tracks: "TV Crimes," "After All (The Dead)" and "I"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm

I just re-listened to this recently (I bought the Dio/Sabbath box set). There are some really good songs on here (TV Crimes, Too Late, Letters From Earth, Sins Of The Father, Time Machine) which stack up quite nicely with the Mob Rules era material. But there are a few "average" songs that sound like they were pretty hastily thrown together (Master Of Insanity, After All, etc).

The album is better than the majority of the Tony Martin era albums, but doesn't quite pack the same punch as Heaven & Hell or Mob Rules. I just wish that Dio had stuck around for the Cross Purposes album...it would have been nice to hear him sing some of that material.

Of course as always, this is just my opinion.

Heaven And Hell is recording a new studio album to be released next year, I predict a pretty good one since they've been honing their chops on the road...that's one of the things that hurts Dehumanizer just a little, I think they were still a little rusty when they recorded that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 pm

One more thing...the cover art for Dehumanizer is HORRID.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 pm

Dehumanizer a great Black Sabbath album, I prefer Cross Purposes over Dehumanizer but I still it is great Black Sabbath and also have great memories saw this tour with Danzig opening, best Sabbath show I have seen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:28 am

Moved to HOM.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 am

I've been spinning this one lately as well.Its a great album IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 am

manny wrote:
best Sabbath show I have seen

Agreed!!
And I've caught every Sabbath tour since 1978, (except for the 1990 Tyr tour) Something about the theatre setting and very simple stage show mixed with the return of Dio supporting such a great new LP made it all an incredible evening.

I saw them In Rochester, NY with Exodus and Skew Sisken.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:01 am

JerryOnly wrote:
I am the only one here to think that this album rules??
No.

I love this album, almost all the songs are the ones I like. I is the best from this album. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 am

I need to spin this one again, it's been awhile. I thought it was ok, but typically not the 1st album I reach for when I want to hear DIO-era Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 am

I suppose I would like it better if it had just one hook on it somewhere. I thought it was pretty uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am

I haven't listened to it a lot, but I think it's really good. I just got it last year and was expecting, at best, an average album going by what I've heard about it over the years.

I actually love the cover.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:08 pm

i think it's a great album. always have.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

This album rules! I am a huge Black Sabbath fan and have been for a very long time. Dehumanizer is a real solid album with a lot of killer hooks. Everything about this album kills!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 pm

I like it but it is the weakest of the Dio albums and weaker than many of the other non-Ozzy Sabbath albums as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:39 pm

I think it's a weaker one.. the production is way too dry on it as well, and strips a lot of atmosphere and richness away..
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:06 pm

IMO it's the best Sabbath album to date.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:46 pm

I think it's a great record...Dio rules on it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think it's a weaker one.. the production is way too dry on it as well, and strips a lot of atmosphere and richness away..

I actually like that Mack (who also produced Queen) made it very dry sounding organic album, I tend to think it adds atmosphere especially on songs like "I" and "Too Late"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 am

I love Dehumanizer !! In fact the three Dio era CDs all take their turn being my favorite Dio/Sabbath release. They are all classics in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: There with you   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:01 pm

It's a smurfing great album from start to finish. I like it better than the first two Sabbath/Dio albums.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 pm

"I" is simply one of the greatest songs ever. Great to work out to.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:57 pm

" I " is not only best song on Dehumanizer but maybe one of greatest Black Sabbath songs ever.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:55 pm

sure it is not the best album sabbath ever released but i always enjoyed it. I sounds monstrous live i might add
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Won't say I love it but with every listen it continues to grow on me. Through the years it has moved from "it's okay" to "you know this is actually real good".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...   Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next