Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)

Go down 
+5
Shiney
sam
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Waylon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Empty
PostSubject: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 pm

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=40869005

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=40995095

Well... it was only a matter of time, but David (13) and Waylon (15) have finally started their first band. The rest of their bandmates (Jamie & Taylor) came over to the house last week, had their first practice, and began to write their first song. Here's the video (link included) they made from it already. Now, I realize it's no rock classic or anything like that, but I have to say that their "Old Man" is quite proud of them in this first attempt. Sad

Check it out! 🤘

I've also included a link to a video of David (last week) playing Dirty Deeds with local band Bad Daze... ENJOY!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Thats cool man.Tell them to keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:18 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

Thanks! I will pass along your good wishes.

Also, if any of you here have a MYSPACE, go request to add them (Xfriday) as a friend. They would just LOVE to see that kind of support... cool
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:24 pm

Not bad.. Tell their drummer I use the exact same drum kit except I have a bunch of add ons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:24 pm

Waylon wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Thanks! I will pass along your good wishes.

Also, if any of you here have a MYSPACE, go request to add them (Xfriday) as a friend. They would just LOVE to see that kind of support... cool

Tell them to be on the look out for a add from Phoenix Reign Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:26 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Tell them to be on the look out for a add from Phoenix Reign Very Happy

Will do! 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:54 pm

I started listening to the first video (where they're playing dirty deeds) and about halfway through I thought haven't I heard they started singing and I felt pretty dumb. Anyway no matter what they sound like now it's good to see musicians get together and write original stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Not bad.. Tell their drummer I use the exact same drum kit except I have a bunch of add ons Very Happy
Like a penis?

That's a girl drummer, right? lol!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Yep, the singer and drummer are female...

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Shiney wrote:
Yep, the singer and drummer are female...
I know. I checked MySpace a bit ago. I was thinking that drummer had the weirdest looking moobies this morning...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Like a penis?

That's a girl drummer, right? lol!

well its not so much of an add on but I do use it from time to time on the cow bell.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Sounding good! Hope they continue with it. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Sounding good! Hope they continue with it. 🤘

If I have anything to say about it... they sure will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Great stuff! I really liked the Dirty Deeds rendition.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

To start of this is amazing mean. The riff of your son's first song is very catchy, I like it. Keep the motivation, and encourage him. I would recomend him IOMI, METAL CHURCH, RHOADS,SAVATAGE, SATRIANI and VAN HALEN. IOMI'S riffs are simple and very metal
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:17 am

that song souned tight and the dirty deed cover was really good as well I defenetly would like to hear the full version of there song so keep us posted on it

My only advice is to make them watch live dvds of bands like Kiss, Van Halen, AC/DC, and make them learn some badass stage moves cause It's always bugged me when bands have awesome material but the sorta just stand around

Not trying to rag-on them or anything but if they all got rocking out full throttle it would be way cooler so encourage them bring on the kicks, jumps, guitar spins, powerslides,

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)   My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sons' First Band... (and their first original song)
Page 1 of 1