Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.

Go down 
+9
Dark Horseman
Leatherface
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
mc666
Troublezone
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Empty
PostSubject: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:08 am

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM Rejoined By Drummer KELLY DAVID SMITH - Sep. 19, 2011

Long-running Arizona metallers FLOTSAM AND JETSAM have parted ways with drummer Craig Nielsen and have been rejoined by Kelly David Smith.

The band's current lineup is the same as the one that recorded the "Cuatro" (1992), "Drift" (1995) and "High" (1997) albums:

Eric "A.K." Knutson - Vocals
Ed Carlson - Guitar
Michael Gilbert - Guitar
Jason Ward - Bass
Kelly David Smith – Drums

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 am

Craig is a great guy but I always missed Kelly's drumming in Flotsam when he left... Glad he's back!

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:31 am

meh

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:16 am

He was a great drummer. I wonder what happened to Craig though?

And now they have Mike Gilbert back too ... I guess they were jonesing for a reunion?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
He was a great drummer. I wonder what happened to Craig though?

And now they have Mike Gilbert back too ... I guess they were jonesing for a reunion?

It does seem like things have been shuffling toward a reunion recently.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm

They should give their old bassist a call. He's not doing anything these days, is he?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Apparently Eric wanted to do one more album with the "old" lineup. This is according to Craig's post on their forum.

Understandable. This may be close to the end for the band though.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Don't really listen to them, and if I did I wouldn't really care who played the instruments
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They should give their old bassist a call. He's not doing anything these days, is he?

Poppa Wheelie or something like that. They are opening for someone but i forget who. I just saw it the other day.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Poppa Wheelie or something like that. They are opening for someone but i forget who. I just saw it the other day.

Well, I guess if it keeps him from painting. Poppa Wheelie, huh? I guess he made enough FU money to do whatever he wants at this point.

Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Newstart6

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, I guess if it keeps him from painting. Poppa Wheelie, huh? I guess he made enough FU money to do whatever he wants at this point.

Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Newstart6

With some of the crap they call art these days (like the artist who defecates paint) it fits right in.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 am

Cool. I'd love to see them do something to celebrate the 25th year of their debut DFTD since they got nearly the line up from that record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 am

Looks like the F&J boys are jumping on the "fan funding" bandwagon...

http://www.pledgemusic.com/artists/7178

I guess I'm partially to blame here. I still haven't got their last album. That extra $2.85 coulda prevented this panhandling.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Geez, someone slap MG.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I still haven't got their last album.
it was quite good really, albeit closer to Nevermore in sound.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'll second that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Looks like the F&J boys are jumping on the "fan funding" bandwagon...

http://www.pledgemusic.com/artists/7178

I guess I'm partially to blame here. I still haven't got their last album. That extra $2.85 coulda prevented this panhandling.

I saw them mention that months back or else they did that with the last album too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'll second that.

I've certainly been meaning to grab a copy, I just haven't yet. I've been saving up for scrotum-tightning surgery to reduce the effects of old man balls.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Try soaking them thoroughly in the mouth of an 18 year old bimbo. Quicker & cheaper.

EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:55 am

Geez, this is news? even if you replace the entire line-up except the singer it would still sound like F and J to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:07 am

I'm surprised they're asking for money. Didn't The Cold sell fairly well and get picked up by Nuclear Blast?

I bought it upon release and still love it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 am

adrian wrote:
I'm surprised they're asking for money. Didn't The Cold sell fairly well and get picked up by Nuclear Blast?

I bought it upon release and still love it!

Maybe they just figured they'd give the whole kickstarter thing a shot and see if it helps defer an expense or 2. Can't hurt to try, right?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I lucked out and found a copy in the used section at FYE last night. I'm now back up to speed with my F&J collection.

Sounds good to me so far. I like it.

Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:26 pm

I thought the last album was really strong. I'm pretty excited about the new album, especially since they got Kelly and Mike back in the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 9:46 am

Annnnnnd, he's gone!!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/drummer-kelly-smith-quits-flotsam-and-jetsam-to-focus-on-his-family/

Must be something in the water. First Megadeth loses 2 member, now this.

PostSubject: Re: Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.   Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Flotsam and Jetsam drummer rejoins the band.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next