Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why we are so anal about our music

Go down 
+13
sam
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
DallasBlack
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
Wargod
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Stender
Trial by Fire
mc666
Daybreaker
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Nah, I just try not to be a threadjacker.
It's cool. This is just a matter of opinion. At the end of the day it comes down to likes and dislikes, really. Who gives a crap?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nightwish's first video...

You'll notice a man singing in that song as well. Did you see a male band member?

I saw a kitty cat maybe he ate the band during shooting the video.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 pm

I couldnt care less who listens to what and how old they are. If you think about we did the same things when we were younger its just different now because of all the things that are available for the kids to find out about these bands whether it be video games or even a store. If I get mad about anything its when people dont listen to the music I do lol! . One of my cousins was visiting the other day and hes 15. I asked him what music he listens to and he tells me 3 doors down and he likes miley cyrus cause shes hot. After I cried for about an hour I asked him if hes heard of Dragonforce obviously because of guitar hero he knew who they were and he did like the song on there. So I was a little happier.

I hate the term underground. In actuality what band doesnt want to have their cds, shirts and other merchandise being sold in stores and available to everyone? There are probably a very small few and those bands are just totally stupid. How else would the bands that we listen to now stay around unless there are more and more kids listening and buying their stuff to keep them going no matter where theyr getting it from. As long as their buying it and not downloading it or whatever then thats great listen to whatever you want.

On this little Nightwish thing they have always had Tarja up in the front, but if you think about what band doesnt have their vocalist up front? They are the ones singing the songs that we sing a long to. So of course whether its a male or a female vocalist they will always be up front either on a album cover or in the booklet. That doesnt go for every band but for the most part thats how it is. With my band we have a female vocalist and we kind of have her in the front but we dont exploit it to the degree of putting her on the album cover. I think if it ever gets to that point i'll be out of the band. Thats why our album covers will always be a theme of something and not a band picture unless its like a demo or something that doesnt really matter. The band writes the music as a whole not just one person and thats how it should be treated. Once you start putting certain members on the front cover and all that nonsense it just starts fights and bands break up.

Thats my 2 cents whether im on topic or not I dont even remember anymore lmao!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Dude, nobody's on topic anymore.

lol! And back to Nightwish, Tarja's voice annoys me to no end, as did her giant head, so I always ignored her and considered Marco the leader.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Dude, nobody's on topic anymore.

lol! And back to Nightwish, Tarja's voice annoys me to no end, as did her giant head, so I always ignored her and considered Marco the leader.

Marco wasn't in the band until Century Child. Tuomas Holopainen has always been the leader.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Nightwish was once my favorite band but Tuomas' songwriting has just gotten "too big for its britches" IMO. Way too pretentious and bloated; it's ok to have a track or 2 clock in at over 6 minutes but not 75% of them. And to start an album of with a 14 minute track that could be pared down to about 5 minutes without the wankery just cemented my opinion that this band now sucks.

PostSubject: Re: Why we are so anal about our music   Why we are so anal about our music - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why we are so anal about our music
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3