Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music for Seasons?

Go down 
+11
TrogDawn
XYZ
Mortuary
jstate
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
HellRaiser
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Is there any certain band/album that for whatever reason, you usually end up listening to around a certain time of the year?

It's not a conscious decision, but I usually find myself cranking Judas Priest's Painkiller and Lizzy Borden's Master of Disguise during the winter (specifically while driving). Must be the weather putting me in a gloomy mood!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37726

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:16 pm

I tend to listen to more thrash during the fall and winter, and more hard rock/hair metal kinda stuff during the summer time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:02 pm

There are obvious choices like Transiberian Orchestra between Thanksgiving and Christmas and Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson around Halloween.

Other than that, I could listen to pretty much anything at any time. I will say that when the weather is nice and I can ride around with the windows down and the sunroof open, I like to play symphonic metal (preferably with operatic female vocals) because people look at me like "What the hell is that?" I love pulling into a parking lot blaring Diablo Swing Orchestra or Sirenia or early Nightwish.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37726

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:04 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson around Halloween.

Don't forget King Diamond and/or Mercyful Fate. Some Misfits works too. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson around Halloween.

Don't forget King Diamond and/or Mercyful Fate. Some Misfits works too. 🤘

And of course there's the obligatory spin of "Werewolves of London".

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm

It used to be that way when I lived in WV. But in Florida we don't have seasons. Just hellish conditions year round.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Not Really,for the most part I listen to anything anytime of year.Although I can appreciate what Freddy said about the Hair metal blasting in the summer time.Its that 80's feel good music.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:36 pm

For me Roth-era Van Halen, while a great listen anytime of year, is great for summer listening.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:40 pm

I never really thought about it, but I guess like others have stated, I do tend to listen to hair/glam/party metal more in the summer time. More of a sub-conscious thing than purpously.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:07 pm

I definitely do. It keeps music from going stale on me for one thing. I listen to Euro power metal in the winter, retro metal in the early spring, classic guitar rock in the late spring, glam & pomp in the summer, and pop music in the fall. I'm not rigid about it, but it's become traditional. The only stuff that I never put away for awhile is the old psych and acid rock.
Back to top Go down

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

I could go on for hours about this, but I'll be as concise as possible. Here are some classic (some not) albums I like in the different seasons:

Winter - AC/DC - Back in Black (all seasons, actually);KISS - Creatures of the Night, Alive; Megadeth - Rust in Peace; Metallica - Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets; Judas Priest - Stained Class; Black Sabbath - Master of Reality, Mob Rules

Spring - Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind; Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What?; Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic, Rocks; Motorhead - Overkill; Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock'n'Roll; Black Sabbath - Vol.4

Summer - Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil; Van Halen - Live: Right Here, Right Now; KISS - Hotter Than Hell; Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers; the Cult - Sonic Temple; the Doors - Morrison Hotel; G'n'R - Use Your Illusion I; AC/DC - Live; Iron Maiden - the Number of the Beast; Metallica - Metallica; Judas Priest - Point of Entry; Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker

Autumn - Deep Purple - Made in Japan; Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes; Queen - Live Killers; Ozzy - Blizzard of Oz; Helloween - Walls of Jericho; Slayer - Reign in Blood; Pantera - Cowboys From Hell; Megadeth - Peace Sells...; Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.; Motorhead - No Sleep Til' Hammersmith; Black Crowes - By Your Side; Pink Floyd - the Wall
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:48 pm

I also am a hair/glam summer listener. Just something about it to me that means summer. Plus it is always fun to break out some old favorites this time of year. In fact had Warrant D.R.F.S.R. cranking earlier. Probably wouldn't do that much in January.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:18 pm

I have trouble getting into the frosty scandinavian stuff in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It used to be that way when I lived in WV. But in Florida we don't have seasons. Just hellish conditions year round.

Yep. Man, I hate Florida. I lived there for 8 years in the panhandle, and did lawncare my last two years there (working outside 8 hours a day in Florida during spring & summer is NOT fun). I'm happy to say I finally got out about 2 years ago. My family still lives there though and I'll be visiting for a week at the end of July.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:42 pm

It's pretty much thrash all year round for me.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:41 am

It's almost always sunny in Arizona, so I mainly listen to party rock. Unless it's dark and cold, in which case I listen to death and other types of extreme metal.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:20 pm

Mortuary wrote:
It's pretty much thrash all year round for me.

My kinda Girl Smile
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:04 pm

Sabbath and Samhain in the Fall are always nice and fitting. Music for Seasons? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:21 pm

Whatever goes regardless of season with me.

Although DLR can lighten up a bleak winters day.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 am

For me around hunting season it's Ted Nugent - Spirit Of The Wild & Fred Bear!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28519

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:56 pm

I don't really have those type of patterns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I don't really have those type of patterns.

Neither do I. Though I will admit to putting on Iced Earth's Horror Show the week of Halloween!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Ah... This cool/cold fall weather is getting me in the mood for Megadeth! I've been rockin' out to the HIGHLY underrated Hidden Treasures compilation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music for Seasons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Seasons?   Music for Seasons? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music for Seasons?
Page 1 of 1