Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain Beyond Fans

Go down 
+8
exact33
Troublezone
manny
SAHB Healer
bgast1
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Yep, ridding myself of "evil" music has probably caused me to waste thousands of dollars over the years, and got me zero spiritual growth in return. I'm done with that particular game. What a waste of time, resources and energy! An incredible deception brought about by the filthy religious spirit. Evil or Very Mad

And here's why:

Quote :
Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. - Colossians 2:20-23

I agree with you there. I did the same this when I accepted Christ and now I'm trying to collect everything I once had again.

My CB Dawn Explosion came in too, I finally have all 3 of their albums.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:42 pm

I have no clue who this band is.

What am I missing?

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:

What am I missing?

Pure awesomeness.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=39518349
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:

What am I missing?

Imagine if Deep Purple and Iron Butterfly had a kid. That's what Captain Beyond is like.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Those songs on their MySpace just sound like really dated Southern rock to me. Even the Outlaws sound more current than that.

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Those songs on their MySpace just sound like really dated Southern rock to me. Even the Outlaws sound more current than that.

No problem. More for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 pm

That's always been my attitude when someone doesn't like a band that I like.

Shame in this case because I'm a huge Southern Rock fan.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:23 pm

The Captain Beyond s/t was on Capricorn Records, a very influential Southern Rock label. Captain Beyond was probably therefore an influence on many Southern Rock bands, especially the hard ones (the s/t was 1972). Dawn Explosion (1977) was supposed to be a return to the classic Beyond sound after Rod Evens left, as their second album (Sufficiently Breathless) was more artsy & proggy than hard, and disappointed a lot of fans (including me to some degree). So just by way of explaination thier datedness might be forgivable considering they were actually kind influential when their classic sound was first out there.
But then I find myself unable to be as forgiving for the classic blues rock masters like Cactus and Blue Cheer. I'm like Meh, same covers everybody else was doing a year later. It just happens that way for all of us sometimes. Wouldn't be any fun if we all had the same favorites would it?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:57 am

I think that Rod Evans was a better vocalist for Captain Beyond than he was for Deep Purple.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:51 am

troublezone wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
Oh yeah, Captain Beyond is a friggin' awesome proto-supergroup! I love 'em and have their three studio albums on vinyl. Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 309780

Ever heard of the band Cactus?
cactus kicks ass
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:59 pm

I finally spun Dawn Explosion remaster, although I didn't do a "control" listen of my old OOP first so I didn't compare. But My old one is one of the worst (low levels) records I have on CD, so the remaster is certainly better. It does sound a little heavy on the treble at times, but otherwise pretty good.
The song titles were split up into each song's sub-sections, but there's no new material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Beyond Fans   Captain Beyond Fans - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Beyond Fans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2