Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cats or Dogs?

Go down 
+21
Schbopo
nevermore
the sentinel
Mortuary
DallasBlack
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
martinsane
Orion Crystal Ice
mc666
Stender
thejokeriv
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
MoonChild
XYZ
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Mglaffas81
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cats or Dogs?
Cats
Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Vote_lcap59%Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 59% [ 19 ]
Dogs
Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm

I can't believe dogs got any votes. I thought this was a troo board. No
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:36 am

oh yeah! Dogs can take the highway! Cats rules!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Neither. I am allergic to both. My sister has a Pitbull and when I go to visit my niece and nephews, I have to pop a few Claritin to keep my eyes from swelling shut.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:04 pm

Quote :

Just curious....is this in any way cultural? Or are there plenty of dog-lovers there and you're just weird? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Just curious....is this in any way cultural? Or are there plenty of dog-lovers there and you're just weird? Twisted Evil

Dogs? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?

You see, Scott, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:28 pm

I like easy, sloppy affection! lol!(Plus I'm very allergic to cats)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:54 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Dogs? You prefer an emotionally shallow animal?

You see, Scott, when you yell at a dog, his tail will go between his legs and cover his genitals, his ears will go down. A dog is very easy to break, but cats make you work for their affection. They don't sell out the way dogs do.

Bingo!

I always say, if you step on a dog's tail, 5 minutes later he'll be back drooling all over you. Step on a cat's tail and it'll stay pissed for days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:31 pm

Dogs
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Cats are definatly the most entertaining:

-link gone-

Stupid Youtube, it WAS working.

Found a new one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qzz6iKYXs&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:12 pm

That was great!!!

Precisely why I love cats!!

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:02 am

Well the wife and I have both. 3 cats 1 dog and 1 "cog". The "cog" we rescued from our stupid neighbors that I affectionately call the orange devil. She keeps our property free of rattlesnakes,rabbits,birds,lizards
you name it. She is really a great "cog" the other three are lame, they puke on stuff,get hair everywhere and are just a general nuisance.
Plus her and my husky get along great.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:35 am

To you crazy cat owners - How do your cats deal with other cats they don't know? My cats (who both live with my parents)do the following - My male cat, though being big (or fat) and weighing close to 8 kilo's is scared of everything - even kittens - My female cat (all lean 3 kilo's of her) is insanely badass - NOBODY messes with her or her brother! Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 505193
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:57 am

My cat hates other cats. He constantly gets in fights with some yellow cat that roams the neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
My cat hates other cats. He constantly gets in fights with some yellow cat that roams the neighborhood.

Ahh, typical cat - Is he a strong dude, or does it affect him in any way?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Kitties.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

He's a wimp, he sometimes get wounded but not seriously. He may even get a few licks in but you got to remember he has been a house cat for six years now (he was a stray before that) and the local cat spends almost all his time outside. I don't even think he belongs to anyone (sort of feel sorry for the poor guy but I can't do anything about it because him and my cat wouldn't get along).
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

He's a wimp, he sometimes get wounded but not seriously. He may even get a few licks in but you got to remember he has been a house cat for six years now (he was a stray before that) and the local cat spends almost all his time outside. I don't even think he belongs to anyone (sort of feel sorry for the poor guy but I can't do anything about it because him and my cat wouldn't get along).

That's too bad - Have you thought of taking him to a shelter or find a home for him? Or is it too complicated?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

That's too bad - Have you thought of taking him to a shelter or find a home for him? Or is it too complicated?

After the first fight with my cat I chased him off and now he runs everytime he spots me so that option is sadly not viable.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:49 pm

cats
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 am

MoonChild wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
So, are you a cat person, or a dog person?

I myself, am a cat person - I love their sly, self-loving persona - And they are so much smarter than dogs Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 19976

For some reason, I knew I could count on you! Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 131

Agree. Cats are much smarter. A dog is either a naive, painfully stupid love machine, or an equally stupid thuggish killing machine. A cat is an intelligent, balanced animal. Treat a cat well, and it is your best friend. Try to f&^k with a cat, though, and it sees what you are doing before you even get anywhere. This is why I love cats. A cat has street smarts.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
A cat is an intelligent, balanced animal.

Yeah, thats why cats wig out at various times of the day and attack anything that falls to the ground. I love cats but they can be stupid too (though not as stupid as many dogs-I do still love dogs as well but even us dog lovers can admit their stupidity).
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Cats!
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
A cat is an intelligent, balanced animal.

Yeah, thats why cats wig out at various times of the day and attack anything that falls to the ground. I love cats but they can be stupid too (though not as stupid as many dogs-I do still love dogs as well but even us dog lovers can admit their stupidity).

They do that, no doubt. That is just their hunting instinct getting the better of them. Put 'em outside when they do that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Interesting topic. As a family we never had animals, except for the garden variety hamster. Then when I was off to college in my early 20's my parents got a cat from one of my brother's friends. The cat was probably already 6/7 years old at the time. The family was moving to St. Louis, and the daughter was going off to college. Even though as a family we didn't have any serious pet care under our belts, they thought we would be a good fit.

I felt bad for the cat (whose name was Buddy), because of that type of transition during the prime of its life. Thankfully the cat became a major part of our family, and Buddy adjusted nicely. So much so, that when my brother's friend Allison came to see the cat occasionally over the years; he (Buddy) seemed totally not interested. Buddy ended up living until 2001/2002, and was just like another part of the family.

My Mother ended up getting a 2nd cat with her husband, and that cat is just as spoiled as the previous cat. Baker is a great black cat. I'm allergic like hell to it, based on the fact that black cats have more dander than other cats. I just have to wash my hands after touching him, otherwise if I wipe my eyes or touch myself around my neck, it's all over....

The last two pets that I've been around have been dogs. I took a chance on a relationship out in the state of Washington in the summer of 2007. She was the owner of a miniature schnauzer named Gus. He is the coolest dog in the world. I can't say enough about him, unfortunately we've broken up, and so goes the dog. I've moved back to the midwest with an old high school buddy, who has two labs. One is a girl, and the other a boy. They're very loveable, but the male drives me nuts. He was a dog that had previously been abandoned, so he still has a little bit of those abandonment issues still lingering. If my buddy leaves, and I'm upstairs, the dog yelps, runs back and forth for a good hour. It's totally unnerving. He also is the type of dog that likes to get up on the counter for food. You can't leave anything out. I hate the fact that I have to be on guard regarding that crap. So, I prefer cats or smaller dogs, because of the issues that I've had to deal with regarding this particular lab.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:52 am

I just came back from my mom's house and her cat is in bad shape. They think he has some sort of thyroid problem but can't afford any of the treatments availiable to them. So they make his life as comfortable as possible. Poor guy is nothing but skin and bones (when you pet him you can feel the contours of his skull, neck, shoulders, back and ribs). Despite all this he eats real good (about a can and a half a day of wet food, constant supply of dry, and many table scraps but doesn't gain any weight. When hes not sleeping on my mom's lap hes standing there staring into space and swaying slightly back and forth. Very sad, but he is 13 years old so this kind of stuff is what comes with the territory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cats or Dogs?   Cats or Dogs? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cats or Dogs?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next