Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On Second Thought...

Go down 
+23
krokus
skullsmasher
Lurideath
kmorg
Invader
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
jstate
akeldama
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
Hamer12
Thrasher73
Stender
exact33
thejokeriv
the sentinel
ultmetal
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

On Second Thought... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Quote :
Loved The Battle from the first spin. One of my favorite CDs ever by the fifth time I heard it. Toho, you are a little more anal about music than the rest of us methinks, nothing wrong with that BTW. The Revenge was the one I had a hard time getting into, mainly because the music was a little more layered than it was in The Battle, but now I love both (Battle still more than Revenge.

I don't think anal is the right word. More like "impatient" or "immediate". I buy so many CDs that usually a CD needs to hit me right away or it gets exiled. An established artist in my ears might get a second spin but that's it.

For example, that Allen/Lande disc was my first exposure to them as a team. Didn't do anything for me so after a half spin I banished it to The Vault.

Conversely, I love early Sonata Arctica so I played Unia several times but it just didn't click so it too was banished.

(I have the SA cover of Still Loving You on my mp3 player and every time that comes on while I'm running, I mourn what that band has now become).

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

On Second Thought... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Second Thought...   On Second Thought... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Going back and listening to Megadeth's RISK years later, I actually kinda sorta like some of it. In fact (shock, horror!) I think I like it better than its follow up, THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO, which was recently discussed elsewhere on this forum and described as the "return to form" album after the RISK disaster.

I have to agree with Freddy first time I heard it I was horrified now I kinda of like it (still hate Crush em)
Back to top Go down

On Second Thought...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3